Dapper Capitalist

3,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Nitroglycerific Rainbow
-QUATROPUS-
Nitroglycerific Rainbow
Ugh. Sin, sin, sin. That's always the go-to excuse for transphobes, isn't it?

Tell them to pull up the Bible verse. Tell them to actually cite what makes it a "sin." If they bring up anything in the Old Testament [if they bring up anything at all], you could pretty much waylay them with a million and one things they're also doing that are forbidden in the Old Testament. Wearing cloth of mixed fabrics, eating shellfish, not following Kosher food law, etc. There's bound to be extensive lists out there of all the things "devout" Christians fail hard at in their own holy book.

Ultimately, they're just using their religion as a guise for justifying their blatant transphobia, merely because trans people confuse [therefore, scare] them.

The followers of God and Jesus Christ that you speak of, whether Christian or Catholic, are the ignorant ones that misinterpret the word of Christ and use it for their own personal and political propaganda. Not all religious people are assholes and not all non-religious people are respectable.

Humans are humans. You'll find the best, you'll find the worst.
I... don't think I ever claimed that all religious people are assholes or transphobes. However, for religious transphobes, relying on one's holy book is a really easy way to say "I don't approve of you" without having to justify that belief in any sort of way. Yes, I did say, "That's always the go-to excuse for transphobes, isn't it?" I guess I have to retract that statement, or at the very least clarify it to refer to "religious" or "Christian" transphobes. Does that work better?

Also, I get the urge to distance oneself from ignorant or bigoted followers of your philosophy, but that's a rather impossible thing to do. No, these ignorant Christians don't represent the whole of Christianity [I didn't realize Catholicism was its own separate religion surprised ], but it is still a part of the faith. Ironically, those bigots tend to consider themselves the "truest" Christians of all. Who's a "true" anything is a tremendously subjective statement, and you'll get a different answer from everyone on earth. Al Qaeda does not in any way represent the whole of Islam, but it does identify with the religion, and Muslims are stuck grappling with that. Westboro does not in any way represent the whole of Christianity, but it is a part of Christianity and Christians have to grapple with that. Hell, even feminists have to grapple with the writings of extremists like Valerie Solanas. It's natural for level-headed moderates to want to distance and divorce themselves from extremists, but everyone represents their own beliefs, even the extremists.

Catholicism is not, but they live differently than Christians do. I'm not religious at all, so I really try to avoid everything dealing with it. When you're like me and you're one to sit on the fence for everything, no one becomes happy with you. They think you're too arrogant to pick a side or too ignorant to come up with a good reason to pick either A or B. The fact is that I don't care to support arguments and attacks against someone who has a different opinion. I refuse because my goal in life is to try and make everyone happy. Gay, straight, bi, trans, republican, democrat, christian, atheist, etc.; all people that I would gladly sacrifice myself for. Would all of them be great? No, I know that for certain, but I refuse to see it. Some say I'm hard-headed, but I have a clear view on what I see. Even for strangers to me, like you and other people here, I'd take a bullet.

Maybe I'm just rambling now, lol. My sleep schedule has been ******** and I'm extremely tired.

Girl-Crazy Lunatic

10,750 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Timid 100
  • Clambake 200
-QUATROPUS-
Nitroglycerific Rainbow
-QUATROPUS-
Nitroglycerific Rainbow
Ugh. Sin, sin, sin. That's always the go-to excuse for transphobes, isn't it?

Tell them to pull up the Bible verse. Tell them to actually cite what makes it a "sin." If they bring up anything in the Old Testament [if they bring up anything at all], you could pretty much waylay them with a million and one things they're also doing that are forbidden in the Old Testament. Wearing cloth of mixed fabrics, eating shellfish, not following Kosher food law, etc. There's bound to be extensive lists out there of all the things "devout" Christians fail hard at in their own holy book.

Ultimately, they're just using their religion as a guise for justifying their blatant transphobia, merely because trans people confuse [therefore, scare] them.

The followers of God and Jesus Christ that you speak of, whether Christian or Catholic, are the ignorant ones that misinterpret the word of Christ and use it for their own personal and political propaganda. Not all religious people are assholes and not all non-religious people are respectable.

Humans are humans. You'll find the best, you'll find the worst.
I... don't think I ever claimed that all religious people are assholes or transphobes. However, for religious transphobes, relying on one's holy book is a really easy way to say "I don't approve of you" without having to justify that belief in any sort of way. Yes, I did say, "That's always the go-to excuse for transphobes, isn't it?" I guess I have to retract that statement, or at the very least clarify it to refer to "religious" or "Christian" transphobes. Does that work better?

Also, I get the urge to distance oneself from ignorant or bigoted followers of your philosophy, but that's a rather impossible thing to do. No, these ignorant Christians don't represent the whole of Christianity [I didn't realize Catholicism was its own separate religion surprised ], but it is still a part of the faith. Ironically, those bigots tend to consider themselves the "truest" Christians of all. Who's a "true" anything is a tremendously subjective statement, and you'll get a different answer from everyone on earth. Al Qaeda does not in any way represent the whole of Islam, but it does identify with the religion, and Muslims are stuck grappling with that. Westboro does not in any way represent the whole of Christianity, but it is a part of Christianity and Christians have to grapple with that. Hell, even feminists have to grapple with the writings of extremists like Valerie Solanas. It's natural for level-headed moderates to want to distance and divorce themselves from extremists, but everyone represents their own beliefs, even the extremists.

Catholicism is not, but they live differently than Christians do. I'm not religious at all, so I really try to avoid everything dealing with it. When you're like me and you're one to sit on the fence for everything, no one becomes happy with you. They think you're too arrogant to pick a side or too ignorant to come up with a good reason to pick either A or B. The fact is that I don't care to support arguments and attacks against someone who has a different opinion. I refuse because my goal in life is to try and make everyone happy. Gay, straight, bi, trans, republican, democrat, christian, atheist, etc.; all people that I would gladly sacrifice myself for. Would all of them be great? No, I know that for certain, but I refuse to see it. Some say I'm hard-headed, but I have a clear view on what I see. Even for strangers to me, like you and other people here, I'd take a bullet.

Maybe I'm just rambling now, lol. My sleep schedule has been ******** and I'm extremely tired.
I dunno if I'd call you ignorant or hard-headed. Maybe naively idealistic, but I can't exactly fault anyone for that.

I think it's just because I originally came from Catholicism before going atheist that the Christian/Catholic distinction bugs me so much. I always got socially ostracized from non-Catholic Christian groups or functions, and I never understood it. Every denomination of Christianity lives differently than the others, so to single out Catholicism always seemed weird to me. Whatever, it's moot now.

Aaaaaaaanyway, this has nothing to do with trans people, so let's reel the convo back in before this thread totally stagnates.

Party Animal

I really need to explain to my mom that while I appreciate the gesture, telling literally everyone she knows that I'm trans may not be the best way to show her support. I get that she wants to be the Pround Trans Parentâ„¢, but I quite enjoy the safety of the closet. It's nice and cozy in here.

Adorable Fisher

lexiphage
I really need to explain to my mom that while I appreciate the gesture, telling literally everyone she knows that I'm trans may not be the best way to show her support. I get that she wants to be the Pround Trans Parentâ„¢, but I quite enjoy the safety of the closet. It's nice and cozy in here.
Tell her exactly what you said here. It sounds completely like what you want to say to her. Be sure to say you appreciate her when you say it so she doesn't get offended or embarrassed about not understanding that outing somebody can be scary or uncomfortable to the person outed.

Loiterer

2 separate doctors put down "Altered sexuality" one put "with heterosexual history" with it.

It doesn't matter now, this was a long time ago and only just now was able to look at my medical records. I just thought it was funny and decided I'd share.

"Altered sexuality". Could be insulting. Why use this as a diagnosis for anything? A complaint maybe, but a DIAGNOSIS? Ahaha.. Oh god.

I also got GID on my record for sure, which is slightly newer. I guess I did go through my fair share of 'gatekeepers'. Good thing times have changed over the years.

In a relationship with Peekabuwu

Sex Symbol

Gaia has Pride Flags now biggrin

Tipsy Prophet

Nitroglycerific Rainbow

I think it's just because I originally came from Catholicism before going atheist that the Christian/Catholic distinction bugs me so much. I always got socially ostracized from non-Catholic Christian groups or functions, and I never understood it. Every denomination of Christianity lives differently than the others, so to single out Catholicism always seemed weird to me.

I never realised people do this. I can't say my upbringing would have been Christian at all because my parents are not religious or anything but I am anyhow a memberof the Orthodox church in Finland and I feel very confused at this. Like... it feels like anyone who singles out Catholicism conplitely ignores the existence of the "eastern" churches. Then again it seems like they get always ignored so I really shouldn't be shocked.

Demonic Lunatic

Hey, how bad is it if you keep accidentally injecting air into yourself. I absolutely suck at giving myself T shots apparently, and no matter how many video tutorials I watch something always goes wrong. Also, for some reason the t won't stay in the needle thing. Idk, does anyone have any advice about this?

Demonic Lunatic

lexiphage

Yeah, that's probably a good Idea. My aunt did the same thing, and didn't stop till I confronted her about it and told her she could only tell people if she had my permission.

Loiterer

darkabyssx
Hey, how bad is it if you keep accidentally injecting air into yourself. I absolutely suck at giving myself T shots apparently, and no matter how many video tutorials I watch something always goes wrong. Also, for some reason the t won't stay in the needle thing. Idk, does anyone have any advice about this?
Go to a doctor or nurse and have them teach you how to do it correctly.

Omnipresent Loiterer

16,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Welp, I'm done with the radio guy Joe Pags for a good while.

He was covering this article and...*Fumes with violent rage*

Intentionally misgendering Jayden, using all the cliche bigoted nonsense in the book ("What if one day I woke up and decided I was a horse?" and confusing sex with gender) and...*Fumes more* emotion_bigvein emotion_omnomnom emotion_bigvein

I swear to ******** I was in such a mood that straight up unhindered violence was the only hope to unrustle my jimmies.
Name: Isaac
Transgender: Heck yea, FtM
Reason for being here: I haven't really been on Gaia in 3 years and even before that it was once or twice a year I'd log in... Some of my rl friends have gotten back into Gaia so I joined the squad. I "discovered" I was trans last June and I was like yoooo I bet the LD has a trans thread so here I am.

So yeah, hello!

Adorable Fisher

Irmoy
Welcome (:

Demonic Lunatic

Hey, sorry, I'm ahving a minor panic attack and well. Ok, so I've been on T since mid decemeber, started doing cardio 3 times a week and lifting small weights, and I eat normally, but I swear I'm getting curvier and it's freaking me the ******** out. Like this shouldn't be happening. Clothes fit me worse than ever and I just I dunno what to do nothings working and my dysphoria just skyrocketed today and I duuno what I'm doing wrong i just feel so gross. Umm, so is this normal at all? like I know the body goes through changes on T but it should be the EXACT OPPOSITE OF THIS

Loiterer

darkabyssx
You are building muscle and redistributing fat. Your body shape is going to change. I don't know about 'curvier' though. Personally, my thighs exploded and I had to buy an almost entirely new wardrobe because my ******** fatass thighs couldn't fir through my pants anymore. I was sad.

It could be you're confusing muscle mass for 'curves'. I guess muscles are curvy. You're working out. It's expected.

If you're truly worried about it, though. Talk to your endocrinologist. You should have one.

Or are you taking T illegally? Because you seem to be freaking out over a lot of simple stuff that your doctors should've taken care of when you first started.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff