Welcome to Gaia! ::

Remy is back again....

Please don't kill me. D: 0.13836948391922 13.8% [ 185 ]
I'll be nice, I promise. 0.23186237845924 23.2% [ 310 ]
I'm back for now, we're all good right? 0.14210919970082 14.2% [ 190 ]
Wait... What are you doing with that knife? 0.48765893792072 48.8% [ 652 ]
Total Votes:[ 1337 ]

Nitroglycerific Rainbow

Meanwhile, the ED has become the GD, the GD has become a second Chatterbox, and what ED used to be doesn't even exist anymore. emo

I noticed that. I peeked into the GD for a few seconds a little while ago and was like "am I in the chatterbox?"

Not that I was really fond of the GD before, anyways, though. I'm not surprised it's morphed into a new Chatterbox.

Girl-Crazy Lunatic

10,750 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Timid 100
  • Clambake 200
Soooo, my name change hearing is on the 4th, and I'm getting increasingly nervous. My girlfriend, who works around the courts/city government a lot assures me that the judge I'm assigned is super nice and understanding, but I'm still squirming in my seat a lot over this. Even if this guy is nice, this is still the podunk Deep South.

Anyone already gone through any court stuff in their transition? How'd it go? Got any tips?
Nitroglycerific Rainbow
Soooo, my name change hearing is on the 4th, and I'm getting increasingly nervous. My girlfriend, who works around the courts/city government a lot assures me that the judge I'm assigned is super nice and understanding, but I'm still squirming in my seat a lot over this. Even if this guy is nice, this is still the podunk Deep South.

Anyone already gone through any court stuff in their transition? How'd it go? Got any tips?

Good luck! I'm sure it'll be fine.

I haven't done any court stuff yet but the only thing I'd legally change is my sex on documents and my ID and all that stuff if it's even possible... so I can stop getting mail that says "Ms." Lol. Among other things.

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
This is odd, but deep down, I think I actually want a transman boyfriend. O_o.... As a transwoman who has been in denial of love all my life, everytime I see a transcouple together, I think it is one of the cutest things ever... I wonder if this is what I really want.
Minak0
This is odd, but deep down, I think I actually want a transman boyfriend. O_o.... As a transwoman who has been in denial of love all my life, everytime I see a transcouple together, I think it is one of the cutest things ever... I wonder if this is what I really want.

not odd at all, I think
I mean who would understand a trans person better than another trans person?

Girl-Crazy Lunatic

10,750 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Timid 100
  • Clambake 200
Minak0
I had a phase like that a few years ago. I was mid-transition, out online and to my friends, but not in my daily life. Ofc, the people I could relate to most were trans.

Unfortunately, none of the relationships panned out, and now I'm with a cis girlfriend that I love so much. I totally get wanting a trans partner, and support it, but don't rule out cisfolks altogether. biggrin

Girl-Crazy Lunatic

10,750 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Timid 100
  • Clambake 200
So my name change went off without a hitch. I am now legally known by my girl name. The judge was super nice, and didn't grill me at all. As long as I wasn't changing my name to commit fraud, he had no reason to object.

Hallowed Wench

Nitroglycerific Rainbow
So my name change went off without a hitch. I am now legally known by my girl name. The judge was super nice, and didn't grill me at all. As long as I wasn't changing my name to commit fraud, he had no reason to object.
I didn't even have to go in front of a judge for my name change, went up on my court date and it was approved on the schedule with a note to see the clerk for a copy(which took about 2 weeks to get there).

Got all fancied up and didn't have to do anything, was nice noticing one of the sheriffs checking out my a**.

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
God, I still need to choose a girl name. I keep putting it off. :/

Hallowed Wench

Minak0
Have someone else you like pick a name?

I moved my first choice to middle name after talking it over with my mother. Went with something close to a nickname I had with my friends, I had been called Jonnifer for years because of having long hair... (was also called Jesus during that time as well though since I had a beard)

Beloved Bunny

Name: inili
Transgender: yes (gender neutral)

Reason for being here: The threads I usually check are updating very slowly, so I thought I would check out other threads and stumbled onto this one!

Anything else: Wow, there is so much discussion going on. All the things you guys are describing - getting a name change, relationships - sound amazing. Hopefully I would learn a thing or two from being here. (I already have~)

On my end, I have been working on a cross-dressing online club. I made a terms list (some that this thread also had on the first page, some it didnt) and recently made the first of what are hopefully many articles on topics like kathoey, two-spirit, hijra, etc.. The article I made was on bacha posh, after reading a book about it in Barnes & Noble.

On the topic of name/sex changing, I dont think I would change my sex, simply because changing it would probably not help me feel less gender dysphoria.

sweatdrop

ninja

Girl-Crazy Lunatic

10,750 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Timid 100
  • Clambake 200
Minak0
Can't rush it. It'll come to you in due time. I felt for a while like Brooke wasn't good enough, cause I only really chose it for how it sounded and the fact that I didn't know anyone that I associated with that name. However, it grew on me really quickly, as I made the name my own.

Also, you get to make your own super-badass middle name. :3

Loiterer

Nitroglycerific Rainbow
Can't rush it. It'll come to you in due time. I felt for a while like Brooke wasn't good enough, cause I only really chose it for how it sounded and the fact that I didn't know anyone that I associated with that name. However, it grew on me really quickly, as I made the name my own.

Also, you get to make your own super-badass middle name. :3

My name never came. I just went with the easiest solution, which was a nickname of my first name.

I kind of don't like it, but I also can't think of anything better that doesn't sound faddish (Jay is the only other name I could come up with) and I really don't want to update all my documents again.

So ******** it.
I figure, if anyone cares enough about me, they'll call me what I ask to be called (If I ever decide on a different name) regardless of what's on my ID.

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Yeah.... been hoping a name would come for a while, but still nothing too much. I also don't want a name in relation to anyone close to me. With that, a few names I like are:

Sophie/Sophia
Emily
Erin
Lucia/Lucy
April
Jennifer
Julia

Girl-Crazy Lunatic

10,750 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Timid 100
  • Clambake 200
Minak0
Yeah.... been hoping a name would come for a while, but still nothing too much. I also don't want a name in relation to anyone close to me. With that, a few names I like are:

Sophie/Sophia
Emily
Erin
Lucia/Lucy
April
Jennifer
Julia

Well, Sophia's been pretty popular in recent years. Among all those names, though, I really like April and Emily. That's strictly my opinion, though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff