19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Umbral_Necropolitan
Minak0
Umbral_Necropolitan
Minak0
Yeah, my voice is pretty terrible, but I hope to work on it when my laptop gets back. :/ ... I don't think my presentation is all that great either. My style is working, but my face is like... I dunno. I need to do something with it.

I have absolutely 0 experience with dating. It would help if I did, but I am too afraid to. :/ ...

I dunno, I just try to work on one thing at a time. If I take my time, I can get myself moving. I mean, hey, I AM getting electro right now and on my hormones. I just dunno what else I can do right now. x_x

Try going to a makeup store, see if they can help with hiding masculine features while highlighting feminine ones.

Afraid to date someone in general or is the whole finding someone and telling them that you're trans?

Hey if you're making progress that is good.

Eh, I don't have a Sephy or Ulta around to do that. I know I can go to a smaller place, but I dunno. I am still living partially as a male, and well, without makeup, I do "okay" some days and "meh" other days. I might have to do that though, we will see. I've been watching videos on youtube when I do makeup practice, and that does help, like darkening around the jawline and such with a contour.

In general. I have met local guys online who have taken interest in me and know I am trans, but at the same time, I keep freaking out about the idea of it all. Not to mention, I want to like women, and I just can't, and my mind spites that so much.

Darn right!
With the guys online do you think they are interested in you for a relationship or just sex? I've been leery of meeting people from online, given that I'm not interested in hook ups.

Good question. I am not even sure. :/ ... You got me thinking though...

Hallowed Wench

Minak0
I wouldn't be overly paranoid just try to not get burned. Wanting to not meet up in public or be introduced to their friends and such after a normal amount of time, etc... are red flags.

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Umbral_Necropolitan
Minak0
I wouldn't be overly paranoid just try to not get burned. Wanting to not meet up in public or be introduced to their friends and such after a normal amount of time, etc... are red flags.

It's more or less my "being with a guy" that kills me. It's like I want to be with a girl in the end, but my security and desires won't let me have that. >: .... It's something I have hoped to work itself out for years, but it just never works out. >:

Hallowed Wench

Minak0
Umbral_Necropolitan
Minak0

It's more or less my "being with a guy" that kills me. It's like I want to be with a girl in the end, but my security and desires won't let me have that. >: .... It's something I have hoped to work itself out for years, but it just never works out. >:
By being with you mean sexually or romantically?

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Umbral_Necropolitan
Minak0
Umbral_Necropolitan
Minak0

By being with you mean sexually or romantically?

Well, sexually and securely, I want a guy. Someone to hold me and feel protective of me, you know?

But I could never see women sexually, but I think women look a lot better, but I am not sure if it's just envy bottled up, but still, it is what it is. My mind is like pleading me to accept women and not men. It's crazy.
Any other FTMs try to register with the Selective Service mail in form?

You don't need to put a social down with the mail in so I don't understand how they will verify your identity.
And you can use any mailing address.

I really would prefer a card, but can't change my documents until after I've hit 26.

This seems like it could work.

I'm not an objector and I know being trans is DQ for military service. Going to be doing ROTC when I go to school next semester so I cant change any of my documents right now.

Buggy Nymph

58,625 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
darkabyssx
Hey, does anybody have any tips for dealing with dysphoria? I'm a transguy and have MAJOR dysphoria and recently i've been rapidly gaining weight do to having a shitty eating disorder and it's making my curves more and more prominent and i don't know what to do. I'm constantly freaking out and I keep trying to starve myself to lose weight so my boobs will go away, but I just end up binging and it's this shitty cycle (sorry if this is turning into a rant about my eating disorder), but anyway, I need to find a way to calm down. Like I have a binder, but those aren't perfect, I still have atleast till december till i can start T and two years till top surgery and in the meantime I know I need to just accept myself but I can't pass my reflection without freaking out about how freaking feminine i look....

sorry that turned into a rant I'm kinda freaking out right now so....anyone have any advice by any chance?
I'm genderqueer, afab, and "meh" to cool w/ my curves, so, take this as you will.

Personally, when im feeling AUGH over body stuff, I draw or look for art of ppl shaped like me. Like finding curvy dudes in your case, I guess. I dunno, my goal is to accept myself for who i am currently rather than change myself. I am lucky bc i have a friend in a similar sitch to mine who draws curvy fat trans ppl a lot and it makes me feel Powerful. Or looking in the mirror and thinking "I look [presentation of choice]", looking at yourself from that angle. Presentation can be a tricky thing, so sometimes "fake it til you make it" can help. Sometimes "girl" punches me in the face from the mirror, but that happens less and less often since i've started aggressively gendering myself correctly.

So i dunno, something to look into? I mean even a number of cis boys can have curves. I'm also worried about the disordered eating thing, bc ive been there, hoo boy. sweatdrop never got anywhere near skinny, tho, so yeah.

In a relationship with Asatou

7,350 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Mark Twain 100
little hurts
>enter stage right
yoyo waddup. agender kid over here. i'm awesome- talk to me.
any advice about testosterone? which is better: injections, gels, tablets; anything awful to expect?
when is the ''right'' time to go on it? i'm barely legal and still living with my parents, no job, school
full time. situation's pretty rocky. how can i find something cheap that'll change my body without
the negative side-effects of something cheap? oml
i neED MONEY
Hey hey. Only advice I have is to do plenty of research, ask questions, and be well informed before you start testosterone.

Injections are the most common way to take testosterone. Gels are the second most and are more recommended for those that can't inject, or have other issues with injectable T. Oral tablets are not recommended. Period. They can cause liver damage and I would question any endocrinologist who suggested or even prescribed T this way.

Awful things: JOINT PAIN. It's certainly the worst side effect. Your muscles will grow faster than your tendons causing a lot of aches and pains like growing pains; especially in the first year. After a year on T I still get the aches every now and again but for the most part they have subsided.

Painful sex. Testosterone causes your downstairs junk to atrophy. Penetration can be pretty damn painful. There are creams that help combat this, but I've yet to try them. I would really like to.

Without a hysterectomy, those organs will cause pain as well. It's a deep ache and it sucks. Usually it'll happen randomly every now and again, and many times when I orgasm. (Though not every time. It's orgasm Russian Roulette. lol)

The right time is when you feel you're ready for it. I wish I would have started when I was 18 or sooner, circumstances stopped me from starting until I was almost 21.

There's really nothing cheap that's going to help you with what you want. Working out is probably your best bet if you're completely unable to start T. That said, testosterone actually isn't ridiculously expensive. If you're on medical insurance you might even be able to get it covered. Out of pocket, using a coupon you can get from goodrx.com, I pay between $44-$47 for a 10ml vial of testosterone that lasts me five months. My first endo visit was $80 and I had to pay $40 for every visit after that. I had to see him every six months. Blood work however, is ~$100. I needed blood work at 2 months on T and my endo only requires it every 12 months after that. Every doctor is different though so it's worth calling around to check policies. Some doctors require blood work or visits much more often.

Good luck, and let me know if you have anymore questions.

7,350 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Mark Twain 100
top tsundere
redface

another lurker here

any other trans guys?
i'm at a pretty shitty point in my life and i don't know what to do or where to even start
i'm 21 and i just feel like it's too late to even try
it's all pretty overwhelming
Hey bud. I'm a guy. :3

I feel you. Life can certainly be a struggle. Don't give up hope though! I can certainly try to help you on the path to starting. Where are you at right now?

21 is 100% not too late. lol I started T when I was close to 21 although I had been living full time socially since I was 16. My boyfriend, however, did not start transitioning until he was 27. Just earlier today on Facebook there was a post from a guy that was in his 50's and just starting to transition and many other guys in their 40's and 30's also are just getting to be themselves.

It can definitely feel that way. Try not to let it overwhelm you though. Just take everything one step at a time and everything will be okay. smile

Sparkly Star

8,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
hi! i'm a trans boy and i'm only 16 and i'm not out yet to my family, i'm only out to most of my friends irl and all of my online friends. i don't have a particularly good relationship with any of my family members and i'm very very scared to come out to them, but the staff at my college say i have to before they start taking me seriously and referring me to people who can properly help me. i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice for coming out to my family? i feel really lost and scared whenever i think about it but i know i need to do it soon. thanks x
Lupin_Therian

thanks very much. talking about any of this offline is annoyingly hard for me, so i didn't have the opportunity to discover the actual prices. i just assumed it was going to be like 500 dollars a month omg. thanks for the information. c:
bambidarling
hi! i'm a trans boy and i'm only 16 and i'm not out yet to my family.

hello beautiful bby
i wrote my parents a letter and found that immensely easier. i dunno about your family situation or your relationship with them, but really, sooner is better.
just like
know that you're important and awesome and no one can affect you internally unless you let them
good luck <3

Sparkly Star

8,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200

@ little hurts
thank you so much. it's super tricky because i don't really have anywhere else to go if things get terrible and my mum kicks me out or anything but i know i need to do it because my dysphoria is getting worse and worse. i will probably write a letter to my aunts and my family that live in england and then they can phone me if they have any questions. thank you so much for your advice xxxx emotion_bigheart

7,350 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Mark Twain 100
little hurts
Lupin_Therian

thanks very much. talking about any of this offline is annoyingly hard for me, so i didn't have the opportunity to discover the actual prices. i just assumed it was going to be like 500 dollars a month omg. thanks for the information. c:
No problem at all. I didn't find out prices for anything until I actually went to the doctor. It can be difficult to find information on costs. 500 a month, certainly not, 500 a year at most. wink

7,350 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Mark Twain 100
bambidarling
hi! i'm a trans boy and i'm only 16 and i'm not out yet to my family, i'm only out to most of my friends irl and all of my online friends. i don't have a particularly good relationship with any of my family members and i'm very very scared to come out to them, but the staff at my college say i have to before they start taking me seriously and referring me to people who can properly help me. i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice for coming out to my family? i feel really lost and scared whenever i think about it but i know i need to do it soon. thanks x
To answer your question, I also wrote my parents a letter explaining things. I think it's probably a good idea to tell your aunt if she's someone you trust.

However, I find it slightly alarming the attitude your college is taking. Your identity is not your parents and I don't feel it's right for them to not take you seriously as a person without your parents being involved. There are plenty of people out there who don't even tell their parents until they've started hormones. You should not be forced to tell them just to have the basic respects of a human being.

If it's a legal issue I can understand. I came out in high school and the staff at my school were 100% behind me day to day. When graduation came around I naturally asked the principal if I could wear the male colored gown. She supported me, but since I was still underage at 17 she had to get my parents permission before she could legally let me do that. Luckily though I had told my mom already and she reluctantly, at the time, agreed to the gown.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff