Please don't kill me. D: 0.13836948391922 13.8% [ 185 ]
I'll be nice, I promise. 0.23186237845924 23.2% [ 310 ]
I'm back for now, we're all good right? 0.14210919970082 14.2% [ 190 ]
Wait... What are you doing with that knife? 0.48765893792072 48.8% [ 652 ]
Total Votes:[ 1337 ]

Lonely Saint

ofallthethingsyouknow
Seraph of Thursday
I'd never in seven hells get any surgery on my genitalia. I have extremely strong opinions on the bullshit hack and carve jobs they call FtM sex reassignment surgeries, the results are mainly beyond bad. I'd rather have the wrong set of equipment than... whatever the ******** they could offer me instead of that.

you do realise that's people's bodies you're talking about? this is supposed to be a support thread, and you just potentially called someone's genitals who could very well visit here a 'hack and carve job'

which isn't even true. i've seen phallo first hand and i wouldn't be able to distinguish them from a cis p***s without close scrutiny (and only because i know what to look for, i doubt that someone who didn't know would be able to tell at all)

it's fine if you don't want bottom surgery, i don't want it either, but there's no need to be insulting to those who have had it

Oh, you know, that was the highly censored version. The first one went down to gutter because it implied, indeed, that I'm dissing people's genitalia. I'm not. I'm dissing the surgery itself, because it's stone age. Meto does a little better but while phallo can LOOK good, it sucks in every other aspect than taking a piss through it. They're good at imitating dicks when you're not using them. They're not good at being dicks. That's a cruel fact of life.

I've personally seen a meto that I would have taken on me and screamed of joy, but that is ONE out of HUNDREDS. I don't have any issue with people or their results, if you're happy with your d**k I'm happy with your d**k. I have issues with the fact we need to settle for something that is improvable and has not been improved, and I would never apply for the surgery myself. This is the point I'm trying to make - your hypotethical SRS d**k is fine. It probably looks really good too. It probably works amazing and you have sexual feeling in it and can actually have sex with it. This is brilliant. Good for you. Your SRS d**k on me would still not be fine, because I'm not satisfied with what it can offer me. Your SRS d**k in bed with me would be fine, however, because it's your d**k and it's cool. The catch is that I don't have any problem with other people's cocks, I just have MAJOR issues with what I'd go through myself.

In my country, adding an erection rod to a phalloplasty isn't even an option, it's too dangerous, so it's just a very, very painful STP body mod here to look passable while naked in public. It'd be great if it looked good as some do, but even as an asexual, I really do like having actual feeling in my parts. Skin crafts... skin crafts don't. I've suffered of "partial feeling" my whole goddamn life and I'm never going back there. Top that, they tend to be really large. gonk There's no foreskin, foreskin is pretty much a must here, and I honestly haven't seen many with an actual glans crafted, so it ends up looking oddly like a sausage. This, while a big insult to people with this kind of crafts, is a fact too. If you don't get a glans crafted, the surgery hasn't done what it could and is lacking, imperfect, and reduces the quality of the end result.

Meto just... I would never be able to take my pants off again. I mean, it would probably make me happy, but I would never trust myself to pass with it and I'd have GIANT issues with it all around. Not worth the surgery for me. I mostly have issues with the way meto looks if your junk isn't big enough to begin with, the surgery itself is pretty plausible. But no. I'm not taking chances with this. I'm not big enough for a good meto.

I don't trust surgeons. I really don't. I've looked through too many photos of these surgeries and you really can't say which surgeon does quality work and who doesn't, because the quality changes literally with every d**k they make. I think there's like one surgeon who does this in my country, and I haven't seen his work. Maybe he's a d**k god. Probably isn't.

The bottom line is that I'm ******** bitter and angry at the state of medical science provided for us, and afraid of the results looking like something I wouldn't want to live with. I'm the guy who nearly ran out of a tattoo shop because the image would be on my skin forever and what if I do not like it? It's still there. Can't get it off. Genital surgery is a thousand times worse than that fear. I hate changes, I don't cope with them well, and I absolutely demand perfection. Perfection doesn't exist in FtM surgeries, therefore, I'm confused and angry at it.

Eddou
My gosh Cas you're quite opinionated on the matter. Where's the love and acceptance

Sorry. Honestly, sorry. I can't even explain it properly, I end up being more and more offensive to people who like the surgery. The bottom line is that I don't really deal well with my crap, and knowing I'm stuck with it like this with only options I know I wouldn't ever accept on myself tends to make me a little aggressive on the subject.

A little aggressive, in this case, equaling a giant douche.
Seraph of Thursday
Snip.

Perfection isn't going to exist at any level though. Could the surgery be improved? Undoubtedly, given time. But it's not going to be perfect, or at least not for a very, very long time.

I can't speak for your country, but in this country we're even beyond the 'rod' stage and instead use a saline pump system to imitate a natural erection. Though obviously you still have to squeeze the pump. This isn't perfect, but it's much better than previous surgeries allowed and people are pioneering new techniques constantly.

Also, the phallus does generally have feeling if the donor site is the forearms. It's a risk that it won't, but I've never actually met anyone who has lost all feeling permanently. Of course, the graft from your buttocks to your forearm won't have feeling, if that's what you meant.

Here, you also do get the glans crafted. Although foreskins can't be crafted (maybe that'll change in the future, who knows), but that's not a massive deal in the UK, though most people aren't snipped here.

It's fine to be angry about your options (or lack thereof), but you should just watch how you talk about others' bodies and try not to generalise the surgery as being 'hack and carve', because like I said, you're talking about people's bodies.

Lonely Saint

ofallthethingsyouknow
Seraph of Thursday
Snip.

Perfection isn't going to exist at any level though. Could the surgery be improved? Undoubtedly, given time. But it's not going to be perfect, or at least not for a very, very long time.

I can't speak for your country, but in this country we're even beyond the 'rod' stage and instead use a saline pump system to imitate a natural erection. Though obviously you still have to squeeze the pump. This isn't perfect, but it's much better than previous surgeries allowed and people are pioneering new techniques constantly.

Also, the phallus does generally have feeling if the donor site is the forearms. It's a risk that it won't, but I've never actually met anyone who has lost all feeling permanently. Of course, the graft from your buttocks to your forearm won't have feeling, if that's what you meant.

Here, you also do get the glans crafted. Although foreskins can't be crafted (maybe that'll change in the future, who knows), but that's not a massive deal in the UK, though most people aren't snipped here.

It's fine to be angry about your options (or lack thereof), but you should just watch how you talk about others' bodies and try not to generalise the surgery as being 'hack and carve', because like I said, you're talking about people's bodies.

By "feeling" I referred to the sexual part. I understand (and I might well understand wrong) that the glans is usually made from tissue from clitoris and labia, but it's still a whole bunch of... arm after that. gonk

And ah, I'd heard of the saline pump. It sounds rather cool.

The hack and carve really wasn't a reference to people's resulting genitalia, it was a reference to how crude and unrefined the surgeries are in their current state, but yes. This is exactly the reason I don't talk about the surgeries. I have nothing to contribute. sweatdrop This is the first time I opened my vocabulary on the subject in at least a year, and I'll hope another passes before I do it again, because, yes.
I could do the exact same rant on mastectomies, but I won't, because it makes me want to kill myself. I honestly feel like I'm heading for some back alley surgery that may or may not provide a humanoid-looking chest for me. Guess how terrified I am on scale from panic to panic.
Mastectomies at least look really good elsewhere, but our surgeons just... they have no clue on what to do with the nipples. So I'm opting out of nipples entirely. gonk I'll rather have them tattooed than... whatever it is they do to them here, because a lot of times they end up looking really, really bad.
Seraph of Thursday

By "feeling" I referred to the sexual part. I understand (and I might well understand wrong) that the glans is usually made from tissue from clitoris and labia, but it's still a whole bunch of... arm after that. gonk

And ah, I'd heard of the saline pump. It sounds rather cool.

The hack and carve really wasn't a reference to people's resulting genitalia, it was a reference to how crude and unrefined the surgeries are in their current state, but yes. This is exactly the reason I don't talk about the surgeries. I have nothing to contribute. sweatdrop This is the first time I opened my vocabulary on the subject in at least a year, and I'll hope another passes before I do it again, because, yes.
I could do the exact same rant on mastectomies, but I won't, because it makes me want to kill myself. I honestly feel like I'm heading for some back alley surgery that may or may not provide a humanoid-looking chest for me. Guess how terrified I am on scale from panic to panic.
Mastectomies at least look really good elsewhere, but our surgeons just... they have no clue on what to do with the nipples. So I'm opting out of nipples entirely. gonk I'll rather have them tattooed than... whatever it is they do to them here, because a lot of times they end up looking really, really bad.

Idk how it works in your country, but in the UK (and I think the US), they do not touch the clitoris. They leave it where it is, and they certainly don't make the glans out of it. You can either choose to have the clitoris 'buried', which means that it won't be visible and may be a little harder to find + lose some sensation, but it will still be there and still able to feel it. The other option is to leave the clitoris as is (it's usually tucked between the balls and the p***s) and this option should have absolutely no affect on sensation and sexual feeling.

The balls are made from the labia.

The 'glans' is simply made by extracting a small patch of skin from the underside of the forearm and placing it so that it cosmetically looks like there is a difference between the 'head' of the phallus and the rest of the phallus (to make it look more natural).

I'm actually really pleased with my mastectomy, and I kept my nipples + kept full sensation etc. (I had a slightly unusual procedure in that I had a 'n****e stalk' procedure, not grafts).

But a lot of guys here choose to just get the nipples taken off and get them tattooed back on (a lot of surgeons here are also willing to create a 'nub' to make it look more natural). That looks really good too, so don't despair too much. In fact a lot of the time it looks better than grafts!

Devoted Pup

If they could just grow me a c**k from my dna or some s**t, and the attach it, I would be stoked. They can even do the weird labia-balls. Just give me a c**k that successfully replicates a cis-c**k and I'll be set.
Neither the meto nor the phallo really do that for me. They're just poor imitations.
Don't get me wrong; you like your c**k, then that's awesome. I just mean that they're poor imitations for me.

So until they can gimme what I'm looking for, no bottom surgery for this kid.

Lonely Saint

ofallthethingsyouknow

Idk how it works in your country, but in the UK (and I think the US), they do not touch the clitoris. They leave it where it is, and they certainly don't make the glans out of it. You can either choose to have the clitoris 'buried', which means that it won't be visible and may be a little harder to find + lose some sensation, but it will still be there and still able to feel it. The other option is to leave the clitoris as is (it's usually tucked between the balls and the p***s) and this option should have absolutely no affect on sensation and sexual feeling.

The balls are made from the labia.

The 'glans' is simply made by extracting a small patch of skin from the underside of the forearm and placing it so that it cosmetically looks like there is a difference between the 'head' of the phallus and the rest of the phallus (to make it look more natural).

I'm actually really pleased with my mastectomy, and I kept my nipples + kept full sensation etc. (I had a slightly unusual procedure in that I had a 'n****e stalk' procedure, not grafts).

But a lot of guys here choose to just get the nipples taken off and get them tattooed back on (a lot of surgeons here are also willing to create a 'nub' to make it look more natural). That looks really good too, so don't despair too much. In fact a lot of the time it looks better than grafts!

I stand corrected.

The surgeons here tend to get the nipples stretched weird, and they look really applied-on, sadly. Sometimes - quite often - the n****e gets lost entirely and they just transfer a patch of pink instead, which looks REALLY strange to me, and I have no idea why they do that. Easier, maybe? But I don't want that, so um. Luckily though, my nipples have always been a pain in the a**, so I won't miss them. They get sore randomly and don't have much erotic sensation (much like the rest of my body, which I already briefly covered in my rant), so there's really no reason for me to want to keep them - it's a win/win situation for me to get them tattooed.
In the n****e reconstruction here they cut an S-shaped line to your skin here and "twist" it into a nub under local anesthesia, send you back home to heal and then tattoo the colour on later. Sounds like a good deal to me tbh. Cons include that sometimes the nub vanishes in the healing process and has to be done again but with my skin, I don't think that's an issue. I scar so easy that even if it would vanish, the scar would work well enough... eh. sweatdrop
Seraph of Thursday

I stand corrected.

The surgeons here tend to get the nipples stretched weird, and they look really applied-on, sadly. Sometimes - quite often - the n****e gets lost entirely and they just transfer a patch of pink instead, which looks REALLY strange to me, and I have no idea why they do that. Easier, maybe? But I don't want that, so um. Luckily though, my nipples have always been a pain in the a**, so I won't miss them. They get sore randomly and don't have much erotic sensation (much like the rest of my body, which I already briefly covered in my rant), so there's really no reason for me to want to keep them - it's a win/win situation for me to get them tattooed.
In the n****e reconstruction here they cut an S-shaped line to your skin here and "twist" it into a nub under local anesthesia, send you back home to heal and then tattoo the colour on later. Sounds like a good deal to me tbh. Cons include that sometimes the nub vanishes in the healing process and has to be done again but with my skin, I don't think that's an issue. I scar so easy that even if it would vanish, the scar would work well enough... eh. sweatdrop

Well good luck! I hope it works out well for you. It must be really frustrating to be stuck in a place where the surgery technique is lacking.

Lonely Saint

ofallthethingsyouknow
Well good luck! I hope it works out well for you. It must be really frustrating to be stuck in a place where the surgery technique is lacking.

It's actually really good for a country with five million inhabitants only, lmao. And it's free, so whatever. I'm just extremely demanding when it comes to my body, as is probably clear by now. gonk I'm so afraid I'll go in and get something I'm not satisfied with, because knowing me, it will literally bother me forever and I'll slowly start obsessing over it. I'd just really like to one day not have to be ashamed of my body, so it's all kinds of important that this doesn't happen, sigh.
I figure I will throw my two cents in. I don't consider bottom surgery at all because I personally feel I already do have a d**k!! it's just super tiny blaugh Why would I want to get a surgery just to make my genitalia conform better to some dumb standard? (This is just my personal feeling.) I don't really give a s**t about sitting down when I pee sometimes because that's just comfortable. My only hope is that if I take T it will grow enough that you can tug on it and give it a b*****b easier. When it comes to boning, I've already become quite attached to my strap-on. It's purple and swirly and magical looking, it makes me feel like a wizard whee I think even if I'd been born with a stereotypical p***s it would not have the same awesome features that make my partner feel so good. This way I can change out my tackle for just the right kind of deep water trolling rofl Yes sometimes it's a little disappointing that I don't feel everything happening on the surface of the d***o, but then I just look at my partners face and that's what gives me true joy. redface woo that got personal

Profitable Browser

9,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Voter 100
Can someone talk to me? My dysphoria is really bad today.

Aged Capitalist

I hear you hope
I went to the monsanto riots today and it just got me really down, and I've been thinking about everything lately, two phrases keep popping back up.
I save lives
and
I feel as if I've failed at one of the fundamental aspects of being human

dysphoria can be insanely contradicting
what's eating at you?

Profitable Browser

9,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Voter 100
Eddou
I hear you hope
I went to the monsanto riots today and it just got me really down, and I've been thinking about everything lately, two phrases keep popping back up.
I save lives
and
I feel as if I've failed at one of the fundamental aspects of being human

dysphoria can be insanely contradicting
what's eating at you?

I'm not really sure what it is. I just saw some girls outside today and I wished that I was one of them and then got really depressed. The thought has been in my mind for the entire day. Several times today I've been on the verge of tears. I even let out a few tears. It's just seeing a girl, then not being able to stop thinking about it. I'm not sure if I'm making much sense right now. Sorry if this doesn't make sense.

Aged Capitalist

Flickering Hope

Don't worry I think we all can relate to that heart
I know it may sound strange, but focus on yourself, not others. But I don't mean the you you're dysphoric about, I mean the you you want to be. Your reality will be better one day, eye on the prize as they say.

Aged Capitalist

If I get a notice that says the thread has a new reply, yet my post is the last post does that mean said poster has blocked you? If that's the case, I really can't imagine having offended anyone in under such short time. I probably only have 10 or so posts in here tops. I'd offer to talk about it, but you won't see this im assuming. hearts to the mystery person.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff