Wait... What are you doing with that knife? 0.48765893792072 48.8% [ 652 ]
Total Votes:[ 1337 ]

Invisible Prophet

8,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
Riant Hybrid
there are stores you can get dresses cut for flatter girls in, but i'm not sure how they'd work out height wise
i'd say aim for the junior's department and stores marketing moreso for teens; they're cut for people with no hips and no boobs (i know this because i've literally never been able to shop there-- wrong body type)
DEB is good for that
then it's a matter of style, i suppose

as for the most girls having problems finding properly fitting dresses until they develop more-- not really, unless they're bigger in other areas and need to shop in different sections

skirts work, so do dress pants and blouses
i've heard something about cardigans and such helping to hide wide shoulders, but i'm still not sure how fit works, or if any of this info is even helpful for you--
if it is, i can probably talk to my sister or some friends and find out where they shop?
i may not know much about shopping for small chests, but i certainly know enough people who do

Most of the time I am in the junior section because it fits better and I have noticed it's for smaller breasted girls. Even though I'm getting closer and closer to 30 years old I don't quite think most of the older stuff really is 'me' yet. Part of my problem wearing dresses is probably my perception of how I look. Nick actually helps a lot by saying I look good in that kind of stuff.

I should be able to get away with shopping in the junior section for a while. I look quite a bit younger than I am most of the time. I'll keep an eye out for more places like that when I can afford it ^_^.

Quotable Lunatic

5,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Not trans related, but... I turned in my Bachelor's Thesis today. Without anybody dying, without cutting or any other big negative consequences. This is kinda big for me since I really don't deal well with stress.
Also, my new place is neat. I got a great view to the graveyard on the other side of the road. The balcony is nice, too. The only downside is the fact it's cold in here. I guess I'll have to get a carpet to keep my soles from freezing.

My winter shoes broke a couple of days ago. I think I'll just keep on using them until snow starts getting through them, looking for new shoes is such a pain when you're trans. emotion_0A0

Loiterer

Vio-kun

Also, my new place is neat. I got a great view to the graveyard on the other side of the road. The balcony is nice, too.
I can't wait to see it! =)
*Peeks inside giving a shy wave* H-hello everyone...

Quotable Lunatic

5,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Bornes
Vio-kun

Also, my new place is neat. I got a great view to the graveyard on the other side of the road. The balcony is nice, too.
I can't wait to see it! =)

Just be prepared for the cold. :I Sheesh, this apartment almost feels like it doesn't have triple glazing in the windows. I'm kinda worried my dog is feeling cold, too. Too bad I can't really do much about it. (Aside from putting up the curtains and getting a carpet.)

Quotable Lunatic

5,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
TransMisty

Hi. 3nodding

Loiterer

Vio-kun

Just be prepared for the cold. :I Sheesh, this apartment almost feels like it doesn't have triple glazing in the windows. I'm kinda worried my dog is feeling cold, too. Too bad I can't really do much about it. (Aside from putting up the curtains and getting a carpet.)
Just how cold is it? I would've thought it would begin to warm up in April... =(
Vio-kun
TransMisty

Hi. 3nodding

*Waves* Hi. How are you?

Dapper Phantom

Tuah
Desideraht
That's actually how I felt for the first 3 years. This wanting to be hairless thing is fairly recent. I guess I realised I will never be that "manly man"; my appearance will never change that much so I want to work towards an appearance that better suits me; i.e. twink and ********]

Oddly enough, I think my tomboyishness actually helps mask my transgenderedness. If I tried to be a girly girl I would just bring too much attention to myself. Just not fitting.

Speaking of which, I'm still trying to decide exactly how I should manage formal event wear. I'm definitely not the type for standard dresses. Actually I've discovered as a rule of thumb that I never realized I followed, I only ever wear what I can fight in. >.>

Addendum: This is the 25000th reply to this thread. A few months and this thread might pass my own personal post count on Gaia. razz
I think my androgyny makes transition more confusing and difficult for me. I want to undo pretty much all the hair growth T caused, so people are like "Why not just stop T?" It's like, uh, T has MANY more benefits than just making you hairy, and it clearly stabilises my mood. When I'm off it, I get crazy.

With dress clothing I am trying to force Victorian type wear in, but my mom swears that it won't be professional if I wear a double-breasted suit at an event where everyone else is wearing tuxedos or normal suits. Idk.. I'm hoping to force some of my own style in there. xD I like to big bows instead of ties and stuff, but I also do like a sleek tie. I also tend to go all black, with a white or black rose pin, even at coloured events. I pretty much always look like a funeral attendee... Not an accident, LOL.

Dapper Phantom

Anyone know anything about mortuary sciences? I kind of want to study it-- funeral directing and embalming specifically. Do you think it will actually upset religious families that a bisexual (mostly gay), transsexual man would be handling the departed? I am thinking the only way to work in the industry would be to be stealth.

Shadowy Rogue

3,700 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
Desideraht
Tuah
Desideraht
That's actually how I felt for the first 3 years. This wanting to be hairless thing is fairly recent. I guess I realised I will never be that "manly man"; my appearance will never change that much so I want to work towards an appearance that better suits me; i.e. twink and ********]

Oddly enough, I think my tomboyishness actually helps mask my transgenderedness. If I tried to be a girly girl I would just bring too much attention to myself. Just not fitting.

Speaking of which, I'm still trying to decide exactly how I should manage formal event wear. I'm definitely not the type for standard dresses. Actually I've discovered as a rule of thumb that I never realized I followed, I only ever wear what I can fight in. >.>

Addendum: This is the 25000th reply to this thread. A few months and this thread might pass my own personal post count on Gaia. razz
I think my androgyny makes transition more confusing and difficult for me. I want to undo pretty much all the hair growth T caused, so people are like "Why not just stop T?" It's like, uh, T has MANY more benefits than just making you hairy, and it clearly stabilises my mood. When I'm off it, I get crazy.

With dress clothing I am trying to force Victorian type wear in, but my mom swears that it won't be professional if I wear a double-breasted suit at an event where everyone else is wearing tuxedos or normal suits. Idk.. I'm hoping to force some of my own style in there. xD I like to big bows instead of ties and stuff, but I also do like a sleek tie. I also tend to go all black, with a white or black rose pin, even at coloured events. I pretty much always look like a funeral attendee... Not an accident, LOL.

I think the style I fit into best is cyberpunk. I tried the Victorian thing but it doesn't work well for me. I do prefer the simplistic and elegant articles though; not crazy dreads and the like. Anything you might expect to see in the Matrix, I suppose. Casual cyberpunk.

Adorable Fisher

Desideraht
Anyone know anything about mortuary sciences? I kind of want to study it-- funeral directing and embalming specifically. Do you think it will actually upset religious families that a bisexual (mostly gay), transsexual man would be handling the departed? I am thinking the only way to work in the industry would be to be stealth.
They don't have to know that you're bisexual or transsexual, especially if you are an embalmer and behind the scenes. When I was a nurse, some of my nurse aide friends who worked at nursing homes prepared dead bodies. I can't remember in what way since it was a long time ago and I wasn't really paying attention, but they did. You could look into that, perhaps.

Dapper Phantom

Tuah
Desideraht
Tuah
Desideraht

I think the style I fit into best is cyberpunk. I tried the Victorian thing but it doesn't work well for me. I do prefer the simplistic and elegant articles though; not crazy dreads and the like. Anything you might expect to see in the Matrix, I suppose. Casual cyberpunk.
See cyberpunk is still too close to a costume/playing dress up, I think, to get away with at a formal gathering.

MarigoldMari
Desideraht
They don't have to know that you're bisexual or transsexual, especially if you are an embalmer and behind the scenes. When I was a nurse, some of my nurse aide friends who worked at nursing homes prepared dead bodies. I can't remember in what way since it was a long time ago and I wasn't really paying attention, but they did. You could look into that, perhaps.
I am a bit worried people will "do their research" and figure out that I am, though. >.<

I not only can't afford the schooling for nursing, but it also takes a lot longer to get into nursing. I'm hoping to get some sort of 2-year degree or like my phlebotomy cert and then study under a mortician as an apprentice basically and there is also mortuary school which I would likely have to travel for. Will actually need a semi-good job, or grants to do it. Mortuary sciences is actually a government-supported effort, because morticians are necessary, but not many people want to do it, so I may be able to get some sort of federal assistance, if I show other qualifications (such as internship under a mortician for a given period). No qualifications needed to intern.

Adorable Fisher

Desideraht
I am a bit worried people will "do their research" and figure out that I am, though. >.<

I not only can't afford the schooling for nursing, but it also takes a lot longer to get into nursing. I'm hoping to get some sort of 2-year degree or like my phlebotomy cert and then study under a mortician as an apprentice basically and there is also mortuary school which I would likely have to travel for. Will actually need a semi-good job, or grants to do it. Mortuary sciences is actually a government-supported effort, because morticians are necessary, but not many people want to do it, so I may be able to get some sort of federal assistance, if I show other qualifications (such as internship under a mortician for a given period). No qualifications needed to intern.
If the particular client gets offended then you don't have to prepare their dead relative. Simple. There would be far more who appreciate your efforts no matter who you are.

To become a nurse aide takes six to eight weeks and $1000, with re-certification every two years costing $50 or less. But your plan sounds far better. It sounds like you have researched thoroughly, which shows passion for what you want to do. You should do what you described :3 I know if you work hard and don't give up, you can secure everything you need in order to get started. It does take a special person in order to do what you want to do, so you should try to do it, seriously o:

Aged Firestarter

Umbral_Necropolitan
Navi Le Faye
Why is sex so complicated and expensive as a t-girl? Q_Q
Expensive?

Taelie

What is this I don't even...

I'm actually too broke to by lube.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff