Shadowy Rogue

3,700 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
shultz96
Anyone interested in dropping pics? smile

Not for another couple of months. xp

I have to keep reminding myself that it took about 5 months to look good back during the first time I was on hormones. I suddenly remembered an event today; a FtM friend of mine was leaving my house as his practically-adoptive-family came to pick him up, and when he mentioned my being trans, his (essentially) sister was like, "What? No way, she is!?"

Not very far off now... The tension is so strong I could cut it with a sponge.

Unholy Glitch

14,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Abomination 100
Tuah
shultz96

Not for another couple of months. xp

I have to keep reminding myself that it took about 5 months to look good back during the first time I was on hormones. I suddenly remembered an event today; a FtM friend of mine was leaving my house as his practically-adoptive-family came to pick him up, and when he mentioned my being trans, his (essentially) sister was like, "What? No way, she is!?"

Not very far off now... The tension is so strong I could cut it with a sponge.

Gah. I bet you would still look lovely <3

15,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Fading Echoes Of Silence
Kandi-kid-Karinka
well top reconstruction is great but ive heard horror stories about the lower hahaha it is an expensive operation that is often more trouble than it is worth. I know everyone here is more than willing to help, i think the first step would be to find a therapist because in most caxes they have to ok your operations though in my bfs case he didnt bahahaha sneekt.

Well... that's not exactly comforting... and now I'm actually a bit more hesitant. I mean yes, I want this, but if there is the chance I'm going to end up some horrific mess when I go for the final touches then doesn't that make the whole journey lose its point? If I can't be all or nothing {which believe me, my mind won't accept a part way transitioning due to my OCD} then I can't really accept the change. But if there are multiple reports of them ******** up the last operation I plan to get... I don't know. Now I'm even more between a rock and a hard place...

Try not to get too hung up on that. People have different experiences with the phalloplasty surgery, and plenty of folks are perfectly happy with their results. Yes, it's expensive, usually running around $60 grand, but surgery is expensive, and this kind is classified as plastic surgery, which is always pricey. When you do get to that point in your process, you'll have extensive meetings with surgeons and you'll be able to figure out the best way for you. Try browsing through TransBucket. It's got lots and lots of post-op pics, for both top and bottom surgery. It will give you a good idea of what it (generally) ends up looking like.

Fading Echoes Of Silence
That unfortunately is probably going to be the largest step for me. Right off the get go I trust virtually no one with the title of therapist or psychiatrist due to some other issues I have going on. I live in Delaware, one of the smallest states in the country, and nowhere near a major city.

Is there even a way to verify such information before you have to see the therapist? How do you even get information like that? Plus there is the whole issue of them needing to accept my insurance... which, call it being pessmistic, but I have a strong feeling very few to no therapists that would meet my needs would actually be out there. Besides that they'd need to be a therapist for not only the gender identity issue, but for my current medical issues... because I'm not about to be seeing multiple people... I don't have that type of money being a part time worker.

I'm not so much worried about how long I'll need to see the therapist, as long as they don't have me waiting longer than a year. There is no point of beating around the bush. I'm not familiar with what a endocrinologist is or what they do. How important are they to this process? Is it possible to bypass their step? Also the same issue would arise that they would need to take my insurance...
This is the part that involves legwork. If you have insurance, then you need to call your insurance company and get a list of every practicing therapist that accepts your plan. Call them one by one and ask them if they specialize or have experience in people who are experiencing Gender Identity Disorder, or Gender Dysphoria.

An easier way to do it might be to Google around your area and find out if there are any LGBT community centers, or Trans* organizations, or something like that. They might have a reference list already available. But if not, you'll be making a lot of cold calls.

But it's not that bad! That's how I found my therapist, my doctor, and my surgeon. You just keep the question short, "Excuse me, do you have experience working with patients experiencing Gender Identity Disorder, or Gender Dysphoria?" (Remember, it's dysphoria, not dysmorphia, those are two different things.) If they say no, or if they ask you what that means, you just cross them off the list and move on to the next. I think it took me about twenty or twenty-five minutes of cold calling before I found everyone.

Take it one step at a time. Don't worry about a doctor right now. Worry about finding a therapist. Once you're in the therapist's office, they will likely have their own list of doctors in the area who are willing to prescribe hormones to trans* patients, so it would save you some legwork. But worry about the therapist first.

Lonely Saint

Tuah
Seraph of Thursday
Tuah
I recently stopped drinking coffee altogether, mostly so my metabolism will slow down.

Definitely has to be more hydrating liquids.

I wish coffee did something to my metabolism. gonk

I've heard those who use it for weight loss end up just making themselves hungrier.

I drink it because it tastes good, it just could have some perks. Now at best it just gives me palpitations and makes me sleepy. O_o

Dapper Phantom

Soooo I'm pretty much not coming back to this thread. Kbye. Don't PM people worrying about me if you don't actually give a ********. >_>

Invisible Prophet

8,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
Desideraht
Soooo I'm pretty much not coming back to this thread. Kbye. Don't PM people worrying about me if you don't actually give a ********. >_>

Not to be a b***h or anything but I know you've said this at least once before. See you when you get back.

Invisible Prophet

8,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
shultz96

I can drop some old ones if you want. Myself at 19 out of bootcamp and myself about a year and a half ago right before I stopped the HRT. This thread be the only place outside of facebook I'd drop any of them.

Invisible Prophet

8,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/in-the-news/ma-transgender-boys-get-to-peek-at-girls/t.84879009_1/#15

The inhuman way we are regarded by much of the non-trans community offends me.

Dapper Phantom

Crimsonkirie
Desideraht

Not to be a b***h or anything but I know you've said this at least once before. See you when you get back.
Except you ARE being a b***h. I only came back because Track was getting messages from everyone who was "worried". rolleyes I had no intentions in returning and since everyone ignores me when I post I don't think I'll be returning the next time even if people are "worried". ******** 'em, dat s**t was FAKE as hell.

Hallowed Wench

Desideraht
Crimsonkirie
Desideraht

Except you ARE being a b***h. I only came back because Track was getting messages from everyone who was "worried". rolleyes I had no intentions in returning and since everyone ignores me when I post I don't think I'll be returning the next time even if people are "worried". ******** 'em, dat s**t was FAKE as hell.
I believe those people asking questions about you in another thread.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/chatterbox/has-anybody-seen-dan-lately/t.84768783_1/

Also you shouldn't expect people to reply to you, maybe they have nothing to add or don't know what to say.

Dedicated Loiterer

7,400 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
Fading Echoes Of Silence
xxxSereneReaperxxx

Welcome, I to am an ftm in the same spot as you. Also twenty, but living on my own. Currently my main goal is to get a binder(which is coming in in the mail as we speak) and just start to live the lifestyle before and during my schooling so that once I am in the work force I can start putting away for the mascectomy, and eventually the phalloplasty.

Thank you for the welcome. But... a binder...? Eh I feel so clueless at how to even start all of this. I mean... I know I have to see therapists and all... but part of me is scared that they're just going to think I want this because of impulse or some s**t. ;~; I haven't been understood all that well for years... and people still don't fully get me. I have a major fear that I'll be stuck with how I am now, unhappy, forever.

You need to focus more on you, which is the shitty part of being trans. You lose people, and yeah it sucks at first, but you'll be much happier with yourself once you start living for you smile And yeah, a binder, it's so I wont appear as much to have breasts lol
I'm wondering how people can afford to fund bottom surgery... I've looked everywhere online that I can but no one talks about how to pay for it, they just show results.

I really want bottom surgery someday but I don't know if it's going to put me in the hole financially.

Is it possible to get loans for it? I think it would be to much for a credit card unless you used two or three... Saving up for it could take my whole life if I wanted to go in with pure cash.
Any ideas?

Shadowy Rogue

3,700 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
Umbral_Necropolitan
Desideraht
Crimsonkirie
Desideraht

I believe those people asking questions about you in another thread.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/chatterbox/has-anybody-seen-dan-lately/t.84768783_1/

Also you shouldn't expect people to reply to you, maybe they have nothing to add or don't know what to say.

I care to know that Dan is doing alright, but I seriously couldn't think of any good advice that other people in that thread hadn't already brought up.

I also didn't send Dan a message because someone mentioned that he was doing alright away from Gaia, and that was good enough for me.

Dapper Phantom

Yes, people shouldn't expect to get replies ever in a support thread, when everyone else is being replied to. That's basically bull, people could have at least acknowledged someone else came into the thread. Whatever, I don't give a ********, and I never really gave a ******** about the haters.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff