Please don't kill me. D: 0.13836948391922 13.8% [ 185 ]
I'll be nice, I promise. 0.23186237845924 23.2% [ 310 ]
I'm back for now, we're all good right? 0.14210919970082 14.2% [ 190 ]
Wait... What are you doing with that knife? 0.48765893792072 48.8% [ 652 ]
Total Votes:[ 1337 ]

Kindly Lunatic

Desideraht
Yeah. Like I'd use Dante sparingly.
The religious connotations to Daniel just bug me. I used to want it to be contrary/"ironic" but the meaning just makes me sound like I'm merciful to a deity I don't even believe in. Idk, maybe I'm putting too much thought into it, but it just bugs me, lol. At the same time, Daniel is just easier for people to swallow. A name like Dante is weird to many.

So yeah... I will need to think about this just a little bit more. I know that some people will give me the most bizarre looks for choosing Dante. Daniel would just be accepted immediately. But I really shouldn't care what they think, either. I guess another issue is that the title of my first manga is Dante, and I don't want people to think it's about ME.
xd It's not. >.< May reconsider the title. Not sure. This is all definitely really confusing. I know you can see why I like Dante, though, as a first name. But yeah, I'm worried that say, employers might not take it seriously? But people generally can't help what name they have so... Plus I could always go by Dan or Jace at work if they think it's too weird.
There's fall-back with whichever you choose.
Just gotta make a list of the pros and cons of both, and go with the one with the high pro percentage.
Or at least that's how I'd do it. XD

Dapper Phantom

Madelhari
Desideraht
Yeah. Like I'd use Dante sparingly.
The religious connotations to Daniel just bug me. I used to want it to be contrary/"ironic" but the meaning just makes me sound like I'm merciful to a deity I don't even believe in. Idk, maybe I'm putting too much thought into it, but it just bugs me, lol. At the same time, Daniel is just easier for people to swallow. A name like Dante is weird to many.

So yeah... I will need to think about this just a little bit more. I know that some people will give me the most bizarre looks for choosing Dante. Daniel would just be accepted immediately. But I really shouldn't care what they think, either. I guess another issue is that the title of my first manga is Dante, and I don't want people to think it's about ME.
xd It's not. >.< May reconsider the title. Not sure. This is all definitely really confusing. I know you can see why I like Dante, though, as a first name. But yeah, I'm worried that say, employers might not take it seriously? But people generally can't help what name they have so... Plus I could always go by Dan or Jace at work if they think it's too weird.
There's fall-back with whichever you choose.
Just gotta make a list of the pros and cons of both, and go with the one with the high pro percentage.
Or at least that's how I'd do it. XD
Another pro for Dante is that I want a somewhat "different" name without being ridiculous. I want a name that's just masculine and somewhat alternative without being totally freaky sounding. I think Dante works really well while avoiding something ridiculous like Xzandurr and the weird s**t trans guys come up with.

Dapper Phantom

HILARIOUS convo on FB.

Them: slut
Me: Thx babe ♥
Them: is that you?
Me: Indeed it is.
Them: you know you can see your tit right are you a girl?
Me: I'm a guy. It's called a moob.
Them: you're a ******** guy? learn how to be a man p***y!
Me: Lol, how can you like this band and say s**t like that? You're hilarious. I am a man and I don't need someone like you to try to tell me how the ******** to be. Go suck a d**k! ;) xoxo ♥

On the BOTDF fan page. This is what the band members look like:

User Image
User Image

LMFAO. Seriously. Telling someone to "be a man" when you're a fan of a band that has two bisexual members who look gayer than unicorn semen spread on bloody rainbow pancakes (which I love, by the way; I adore a lot of their make up/clothing/hair) has got to be the most hilarious thing I have ever heard. And, it was just because my body did not meet her "expectations." I'm guessing troll, but still. It gave me quite the laugh. And? I'm learning to deal with people's bullshit in terms of saying I don't "look like a man". I'm transsexual. And pre-op. My body is NOT going to meet THEIR expectations, but as long as it meets mine? I'm good. I want my chest to be fixed, but for now, I can deal with it, mostly. And if they don't like it, they can go ******** sod off!! x)

I will ALWAYS define what being a man means to ME, and IDGAF what someone else thinks a man should be.
wink Btw, it hardly looks like a tit in that photo, but my androgyny really brings it out. Methinks I was dealing with a jealous b***h who then had to deal with the shock of an androgynous guy failing to meet her expectations.

Mewling Lover

8,900 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Desideraht
HILARIOUS convo on FB.

Them: slut
Me: Thx babe ♥
Them: is that you?
Me: Indeed it is.
Them: you know you can see your tit right are you a girl?
Me: I'm a guy. It's called a moob.
Them: you're a ******** guy? learn how to be a man p***y!
Me: Lol, how can you like this band and say s**t like that? You're hilarious. I am a man and I don't need someone like you to try to tell me how the ******** to be. Go suck a d**k! ;) xoxo ♥

On the BOTDF fan page. This is what the band members look like:

User Image
User Image

LMFAO. Seriously. Telling someone to "be a man" when you're a fan of a band that has two bisexual members who look gayer than unicorn semen spread on bloody rainbow pancakes (which I love, by the way; I adore a lot of their make up/clothing/hair) has got to be the most hilarious thing I have ever heard. And, it was just because my body did not meet her "expectations." I'm guessing troll, but still. It gave me quite the laugh. And? I'm learning to deal with people's bullshit in terms of saying I don't "look like a man". I'm transsexual. And pre-op. My body is NOT going to meet THEIR expectations, but as long as it meets mine? I'm good. I want my chest to be fixed, but for now, I can deal with it, mostly. And if they don't like it, they can go ******** sod off!! x)

I will ALWAYS define what being a man means to ME, and IDGAF what someone else thinks a man should be.
wink Btw, it hardly looks like a tit in that photo, but my androgyny really brings it out. Methinks I was dealing with a jealous b***h who then had to deal with the shock of an androgynous guy failing to meet her expectations.
what is this band?

Dapper Phantom

x_Magnus Bane_x
what is this band?
Well, there are a lot of opinions on what they are, depending on who you ask. Some people absolutely hate them, because they're "scene faggots" that "can't sing" and don't write "real music". Personally, I like some of their songs, though more than that, I adore their make up. That's what got me hooked, anyway. They're an electronica band, and they often write songs with heavy sexual and macabre themes. I will admit a lot of their songs are totally over the top, but I like that sort of thing (mind you, I also have a thing for Jeffree Star). This band has garnered a lot of controversy because their expression is so bold and overwhelming. A lot of people just don't like it, it's not their taste, and I won't hold it against them.

Sadly, I don't know enough about this band to pick a song that "represents them well", so I'll just post a video where I was really, really liking their make up/clothes and would die to wear half of that shite.

I really think the guy with the deeper voice is like, so yum in this video. FFFFFFF.

I know this s**t is ridiculous. Don't hate. >.> There is a lot about this I don't like. It's a love-hate relationship.
This is the only band like this I like. I generally listen to symphonic metal religiously. But I consider BOTDF to be fantastic eye candy. I find both vocalists really attractive. xD

Hallowed Wench

Desideraht
Madelhari
Desideraht
Getting my name change filed either this Friday or next week. It didn't happen because so much s**t came up. I'm still indecisive about whether my name should be Daniel or Dante. I like both names a lot. And I don't want it to be Daniel Dante or Dante Daniel. My middle name has a J initial and I like it that way, lol. I'm about 90% sure I'm going with Daniel but this little voice inside me says I should pick Dante. I'm not sure how to decide. I can't believe I'm still confused about this still. But I really need to pick something because I need to change my name ASAP. The sooner I change my name, the sooner I get a better job basically.

Also, I chose Jace/Jayce as my middle name. Having difficulty picking the spelling. I like the name because my original choice as a first name was Jason. I didn't go through with it because a close family friend has the name. Jace comes from the same ancient word, so I like it. I think that Jayce looks nice but I also hate it when trans guys use weird spellings. I think it "gives away" that they're trans on paper.
Honestly, I would go with Daniel. Not because I have anything against Dante, but because Daniel Jace (I'd also skip the y, just feels annoyingly unnecessary) has a really nice ring~ to it.
Dante Jace is harder to say and doesn't flow as well.
Well people will rarely be saying my full name. And yeah, I think I'm settling on Jace rather than Jayce. I just like 5 letters-- it looks pretty. Daniel Jace does sound really nice, but I have an identity crisis with it.

Daniel means "God is my Judge" and Jace means "Healer". Dante means "enduring". "God is my Judge" is almost like a pessimistic, victimhood. "Enduring" is facing the struggle, standing up each time one is beat down. I chose the name Dante for my first OC, who was originally named Jason. Jason and Jace come from very similar Greek roots. So "Jace" is my way of claiming that name, basically. I also want my name to be positive, and, being an atheist, Daniel feels a bit too Catholic. So I'm definitely indecisive. Granted, Dante is Italian and also related to a religious icon, but at least it does not have a directly religious meaning. Also most white people pronounce Dante very poorly. I think Dante Jace sounds really sexy if you have the Italian ring to the first name. I also originally chose Daniel on a whim, because I needed a male name and had like 2 weeks to come up with it before starting college.

But yeah, I'm still very on the fence about it. I would LOVE to sign my name as Dante. I mean that "T" and "E" look so sexy next to each other, lol. I would also colloquially still go by "Dan". Dan will pretty much always be my nickname, regardless, because everyone is so attached to it. My legal full name is for aesthetic purposes only really, for signing my name and formal situations.

I agree that Daniel Jace sounds better. I also worry that Dante Jace may be too... exotic? But somehow that makes me like it, too. Hence my indecision. But yeah, I also like the idea of being an "Enduring Healer". That sounds rad. And I do fully intend to meet that criteria with my career choice.

Any more input you have on this is appreciated. This is not an easy decision and I don't have a lot of time to sit on it. My BF told me to choose randomly (by flipping a coin) but I know I'd regret that.
I wouldn't put too much thought into the definition of a name... the combo of my first and middle is "fair and smooth nymph (or idol)"... not really a good description of me.

Dapper Phantom

Umbral_Necropolitan
I wouldn't put too much thought into the definition of a name... the combo of my first and middle is "fair and smooth nymph (or idol)"... not really a good description of me.
Fair enough. But not everyone chooses names the same way. I like the idea of my name being representative of my journey in some way. Not everyone has to have that preference. x)

Ruthless Autobiographer

9,225 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Desideraht
Another pro for Dante is that I want a somewhat "different" name without being ridiculous. I want a name that's just masculine and somewhat alternative without being totally freaky sounding. I think Dante works really well while avoiding something ridiculous like Xzandurr and the weird s**t trans guys come up with.
My name is spelled quite similarly to "Xzandurr," and every time I tell someone my name, I have to spell it.

It wasn't my idea to spell it that way, and I'm considering spelling it "normally." The alternative spelling is part of me now, but I'm going to waste many years of my life doing nothing but spelling my name for other people.

It doesn't help that I have an uncommon last name, either.

It's difficult to decide on a name. So many people have the privilege of not having to think about their name; it's who they are. For me, a name is just a label. Though I respond to many names, I don't particularly identify with any of them. It's just a matter of finding something I wouldn't mind being called for the rest of my life.

Dapper Phantom

SSGI
Desideraht
My name is spelled quite similarly to "Xzandurr," and every time I tell someone my name, I have to spell it.

It wasn't my idea to spell it that way, and I'm considering spelling it "normally." The alternative spelling is part of me now, but I'm going to waste many years of my life doing nothing but spelling my name for other people.

It doesn't help that I have an uncommon last name, either.

It's difficult to decide on a name. So many people have the privilege of not having to think about their name; it's who they are. For me, a name is just a label. Though I respond to many names, I don't particularly identify with any of them. It's just a matter of finding something I wouldn't mind being called for the rest of my life.
I just don't get the need to spell things crazily unless you have a reason to. I personally kind of want to be a performer, so if I had a weird name, that would work rather well, I think. But honestly, I'm still trying to keep it relatively vanilla, as much as I liked the Hebrew spelling of Daniel (Daniyyel), but people would inevitably pronounce it Danielle, even though that is the most masculine spelling you could possibly muster (it's directly from ancient Hebrew). Still, the religious connotation of the name is unsettling for me... I need to still think it all over.

My last name is shared with a semi-famous person, who owns a fairly famous company but only certain kinds of people care about it. Hint: It's related to cars, lol. But yeah, as much as my name does not really match with my personality or how I envision myself, I won't change my last name, as horrible as it sounds with the rest of my name. I just don't want it to look like I'm slapping my family in the face.

I too, think that a name is just a label. I do only really respond to Dan/Daniel/Dante/Jace, though. I've used them all as nicknames.
xp

Ruthless Autobiographer

9,225 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Desideraht
[I just don't get the need to spell things crazily unless you have a reason to. I personally kind of want to be a performer, so if I had a weird name, that would work rather well, I think. But honestly, I'm still trying to keep it relatively vanilla, as much as I liked the Hebrew spelling of Daniel (Daniyyel), but people would inevitably pronounce it Danielle, even though that is the most masculine spelling you could possibly muster (it's directly from ancient Hebrew). Still, the religious connotation of the name is unsettling for me... I need to still think it all over.

My last name is shared with a semi-famous person, who owns a fairly famous company but only certain kinds of people care about it. Hint: It's related to cars, lol. But yeah, as much as my name does not really match with my personality or how I envision myself, I won't change my last name, as horrible as it sounds with the rest of my name. I just don't want it to look like I'm slapping my family in the face.

I too, think that a name is just a label. I do only really respond to Dan/Daniel/Dante/Jace, though. I've used them all as nicknames.
xp
I am a performer as well, and I enjoy having a name that could be used as a stage name. However, there are downsides to having such an easily misspelled name.

I still respond to my female name. My friends like to tease me about this.

Mewling Lover

8,900 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Desideraht
x_Magnus Bane_x
what is this band?
Well, there are a lot of opinions on what they are, depending on who you ask. Some people absolutely hate them, because they're "scene faggots" that "can't sing" and don't write "real music". Personally, I like some of their songs, though more than that, I adore their make up. That's what got me hooked, anyway. They're an electronica band, and they often write songs with heavy sexual and macabre themes. I will admit a lot of their songs are totally over the top, but I like that sort of thing (mind you, I also have a thing for Jeffree Star). This band has garnered a lot of controversy because their expression is so bold and overwhelming. A lot of people just don't like it, it's not their taste, and I won't hold it against them.

Sadly, I don't know enough about this band to pick a song that "represents them well", so I'll just post a video where I was really, really liking their make up/clothes and would die to wear half of that shite.

I really think the guy with the deeper voice is like, so yum in this video. FFFFFFF.

I know this s**t is ridiculous. Don't hate. >.> There is a lot about this I don't like. It's a love-hate relationship.
This is the only band like this I like. I generally listen to symphonic metal religiously. But I consider BOTDF to be fantastic eye candy. I find both vocalists really attractive. xD
lol i was just looking for a name but ok sounds cool makeup is awesome ~

Dapper Phantom

SSGI
I am a performer as well, and I enjoy having a name that could be used as a stage name. However, there are downsides to having such an easily misspelled name.

Oh, I'm not a performer... yet? I'd just like to be. I'm working on it, lol... I need to figure out how to be a starving artist/performer AND hold a job since performing doesn't make a lot of money unless you strike fame.

Yeah, I definitely don't want a name that is impossible to spell. Though I have had to say "D-A-N" to people. Some people are just that ******** stupid.

I always feel this little jolt in my gut when I hear my old name. I'm worried someone is literally calling at me by my old name. I turn around and walk away fast if they keep saying it like they're calling at someone. >.> Fortunately, people hardly recognize me, so I don't think it's ever happened tbh.

x_Magnus Bane_x
OHHHH. I thought you wanted more info. rofl I keep saying BOTDF but yeah, they're called Blood on the Dance Floor. "BOTDF" is used for short a lot.

Mewling Lover

8,900 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Desideraht
SSGI

Oh, I'm not a performer... yet? I'd just like to be. I'm working on it, lol... I need to figure out how to be a starving artist/performer AND hold a job since performing doesn't make a lot of money unless you strike fame.

Yeah, I definitely don't want a name that is impossible to spell. Though I have had to say "D-A-N" to people. Some people are just that ******** stupid.

I always feel this little jolt in my gut when I hear my old name. I'm worried someone is literally calling at me by my old name. I turn around and walk away fast if they keep saying it like they're calling at someone. >.> Fortunately, people hardly recognize me, so I don't think it's ever happened tbh.

x_Magnus Bane_x
OHHHH. I thought you wanted more info. rofl I keep saying BOTDF but yeah, they're called Blood on the Dance Floor. "BOTDF" is used for short a lot.
i look at that and wanna say "bidoof" like the pokemon... lol

Ruthless Autobiographer

9,225 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Desideraht

Music runs in my family. I practically grew up backstage. My father plays with many groups, and he got me to fill in for someone once. I've been with the band ever since then.

Music doesn't pay well, though. Almost everyone in the band has another job.

Dapper Phantom

SSGI
Desideraht

Music runs in my family. I practically grew up backstage. My father plays with many groups, and he got me to fill in for someone once. I've been with the band ever since then.

Music doesn't pay well, though. Almost everyone in the band has another job.
I envy people like you. My step dad is really good at guitar but he isn't in a band. I know people in bands but I am not in one myself. I have no formal training or otherwise-- all of my work if self-taught. I hear complex melodies in my head and I really want to be able jot it down. I can hum it but that's about it, so I really want to take music theory so I can put compositions to the test. I also want to sing, and I feel I need vocal training. I can carry notes and such but I know with at least SOME formal lessons I could learn some extremely valuable voice exercises. I kind of want to see tutorials online but most of the ones I find are so amateur that the people in the videos don't know a whole lot more than I do. I studied voice acting, miming, clowning, and improv. Music was really the only thing I didn't get to cover in college, which really sucks. But after that I ended up homeless, and here I am, up to my knees in medical debt. And after the debt is gone, I'm saving for surgery. School won't happen for a while.

Fortunately, I have a friend who's in a band and he is taking vocal lessons. I don't expect him to be my teacher, but we could jam/practice together and he could give me tips. He's FtM too and just got his first testosterone yesterday. :>

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff