Wait... What are you doing with that knife? 0.48765893792072 48.8% [ 652 ]
Total Votes:[ 1337 ]

Dandrogyny
Track01_Rebuild
Dandrogyny
Track01_Rebuild
Dandrogyny
Track01_Rebuild

Yeah, hence my pics always starting above the chest, lol. Even with my "3 layers of compression totally the strongest best compression top out there" on, I totally have boobs. Which is starting to look redic since I'm growing a beard. I really have to track down a good doc that won't make me wait forever to get this taken care of. Before November would be nice, because I'll still have insurance until then.
Wait, are you somewhere that will take insurance for chest surgery??

But yeah double-incision is a lot easier to get. So I think you'll be OK if you can get the money together.

Not necessarily, but I figure having insurance is better than not, even if it won't cover the actual surgery, it should cover the initial visit, and any after care (god forbid I need anything major).
It may or may not cover consultation. The surgeon I want just doesn't take insurance, period, but I think his consultation is free. However, insurance would be good for things like if you have complications that can be handled by your GP. The surgeon should generally handle surgical issues but I you can talk to them about things your GP can cover, like maybe an infection, or something. Insurance may also help with the therapist's note you need for surgery.

Things I love about Philly: The Mazzoni Center.
I go to a LGBTQ medical center, my PCP specializes in transsexuals, and I already have a therapist who works at the center specifically for transsexuals who I met with in order to get on T. She said if/when I get any surgery, she will write me a note for it. I also have her personal cell # if I ever need to call her.
#1 reason I told you that you should move to Philly if it were actually possible for you. This city is AWESOME for transsexuals. I just shot for the Equality Forum this past weekend for a few panels they had (one was JUST trans related). And my medical center is the group that organizes the yearly trans health conference.
</happyrant>
That's the strange thing. I'm in CALIFORNIA, but right in the middle of the DEADZONE, apparently. I have to travel 50 miles north or south to find anything. Really difficult to do without a car. Seeing a therapist in San Diego for surgery when I can afford it, which is like an hour drive away.

I wish I could just temporarily stay thereto get my s**t fixed. But I don't want to live there. I was just thiking about how much I would hate to be away from the coast. East cost might be better, though. Idk. Or just NorCal.

God/fate/the universe kind of hates me. Everything about my transition is WAY more of a pain in the a** than like, anyone I've ever known. They've always had some sort of short cut I can't have. I'd consider "couch surfing" to Philly but I'd have to give up my job AGAIN. And it's been so impossible for me to get a job.

Yeah, I haven't been to the West cost, so I can't compare.

Dapper Phantom

Track01_Rebuild
Dandrogyny
Track01_Rebuild
Dandrogyny
Track01_Rebuild

Not necessarily, but I figure having insurance is better than not, even if it won't cover the actual surgery, it should cover the initial visit, and any after care (god forbid I need anything major).
It may or may not cover consultation. The surgeon I want just doesn't take insurance, period, but I think his consultation is free. However, insurance would be good for things like if you have complications that can be handled by your GP. The surgeon should generally handle surgical issues but I you can talk to them about things your GP can cover, like maybe an infection, or something. Insurance may also help with the therapist's note you need for surgery.

I go to a LGBTQ medical center, my PCP specializes in transsexuals, and I already have a therapist who works at the center specifically for transsexuals who I met with in order to get on T. She said if/when I get any surgery, she will write me a note for it. I also have her personal cell # if I ever need to call her.
#1 reason I told you that you should move to Philly if it were actually possible for you. This city is AWESOME for transsexuals. I just shot for the Equality Forum this past weekend for a few panels they had (one was JUST trans related). And my medical center is the group that organizes the yearly trans health conference.
</happyrant>
That's the strange thing. I'm in CALIFORNIA, but right in the middle of the DEADZONE, apparently. I have to travel 50 miles north or south to find anything. Really difficult to do without a car. Seeing a therapist in San Diego for surgery when I can afford it, which is like an hour drive away.

I wish I could just temporarily stay thereto get my s**t fixed. But I don't want to live there. I was just thiking about how much I would hate to be away from the coast. East cost might be better, though. Idk. Or just NorCal.

God/fate/the universe kind of hates me. Everything about my transition is WAY more of a pain in the a** than like, anyone I've ever known. They've always had some sort of short cut I can't have. I'd consider "couch surfing" to Philly but I'd have to give up my job AGAIN. And it's been so impossible for me to get a job.

Yeah, I haven't been to the West cost, so I can't compare.
Supposedly the economy is better everywhere but what the ******** will I do if I go somewhere I don't know, and can't find a job, away from everyone I know?? It sounds like a horrible idea...

ad last time I went to a "safe" house, they kicked me out and accused me of like lying about everything because a few residents talked s**t and didn't like me. This all happened after they tried to convert me to Christianity and treated me like a ******** slave.

Lonely Shapeshifter

9,000 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Survivor 150
Track01_Rebuild

</happyrant>

Hey Track, you're talking about Philadelphia, right? Mind if I message you about that? I live very close to Philly actually, and I never knew it was "AWESOME for transsexuals". That's very intriguing.
That Is All
Track01_Rebuild

</happyrant>

Hey Track, you're talking about Philadelphia, right? Mind if I message you about that? I live very close to Philly actually, and I never knew it was "AWESOME for transsexuals". That's very intriguing.

Yeah, I live in Philly for school. There may be other cities that are very trans friendly and have a lot of programs for us and such, but from my experience, Philly is awesome. My school always has a trans option on paperwork/surveys that ask about sex/gender, our counselors and nurse attend trans conferences, and everyone (faculty and students alike) have been the most super supportive! SEPTA is even getting rid of the gender marker stickers on their passes next year because we got upset about it.
I totally recommend Mazzoni center for anyone in the area. And message away, I'm always willing to talk about stuff like that.
Adversative
Corrupted Coco

Also, doctor-patient confidentiality. It's illegal for your doctor to discuss your medical issues with anyone without your consent, regardless of who is paying for it..

Not if you're a minor. If you're a minor, your parents have the right to see any and all of your medical information, since they're the ones who need to consent to any treatment the doctor decides on. The only exception I've ever heard of is for birth control/abortion related treatments.

Who the hell are you? You can't even get HRT in the states until you're 18, and she's 19 anyway. Read the damn posts.

Dapper Phantom

Corrupted Coco
Adversative
Corrupted Coco

Also, doctor-patient confidentiality. It's illegal for your doctor to discuss your medical issues with anyone without your consent, regardless of who is paying for it..

Not if you're a minor. If you're a minor, your parents have the right to see any and all of your medical information, since they're the ones who need to consent to any treatment the doctor decides on. The only exception I've ever heard of is for birth control/abortion related treatments.

Who the hell are you? You can't even get HRT in the states until you're 18, and she's 19 anyway. Read the damn posts.
In the states? I've heard of people getting on HRT as young as 16... I knew a 15 year old MtF on blockers and she had to go through therapy to get that when she was 14. She's 17 or 18 now I think and on HRT and has awesome boobs (so like yeah I think that's proof she's been on estrogen for a couple years). Pretty sure she did gt the E when she was 16.
Dandrogyny
Corrupted Coco
Adversative
Corrupted Coco

In the states? I've heard of people getting on HRT as young as 16... I knew a 15 year old MtF on blockers and she had to go through therapy to get that when she was 14. She's 17 or 18 now I think and on HRT and has awesome boobs (so like yeah I think that's proof she's been on estrogen for a couple years). Pretty sure she did gt the E when she was 16.

It has happened, but you have better chances of winning the lottery. No doctor I know of would do that.

Elder

So, for MtFs, I found this. (NSFW).

Dapper Phantom

Corrupted Coco
Dandrogyny
Corrupted Coco
Adversative
Corrupted Coco

It has happened, but you have better chances of winning the lottery. No doctor I know of would do that.
It's easy in Northern California, which is where we were. I mean really easy.
[Q]

Wow, that's actually pretty damn cool.

Lonely Shapeshifter

9,000 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Survivor 150
[Q]

I'm not entirely sure how that would work, especially for those transwomen with bigger packages. sweatdrop

Dapper Phantom

Looking at that thing makes me think my vagoo looks weird.
But maybe it's just that thing that looks weird. >.>
Idk

Lonely Shapeshifter

9,000 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Survivor 150
Dandrogyny
Looking at that thing makes me think my vagoo looks weird.
But maybe it's just that thing that looks weird. >.>
Idk

I also think that thing looks weird. xd

Hallowed Wench

[Q]
Hmmm... Gross.

Hallowed Wench

Corrupted Coco
Dandrogyny
Corrupted Coco
Adversative
Corrupted Coco

If some one is self medicating doctors are suppose to assist them according to wpath's lastest guidelines. That way patients are safer and following a harm reduction model. I dont think it stipulates that you must be an adult.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff