Remy is back again....

Please don't kill me. D: 0.13836948391922 13.8% [ 185 ]
I'll be nice, I promise. 0.23186237845924 23.2% [ 310 ]
I'm back for now, we're all good right? 0.14210919970082 14.2% [ 190 ]
Wait... What are you doing with that knife? 0.48765893792072 48.8% [ 652 ]
Total Votes:[ 1337 ]

Dandrogyny
Track01_Rebuild
If either of you need someone to talk to about BIG boob dysphoria, I'm here. DDD/E cups, as I'm sure I've mentioned before. gonk
I totally forgot that you were. >.> It's easy for me to forget when a trans guy has a big chest. O.O

Yeah, hence my pics always starting above the chest, lol. Even with my "3 layers of compression totally the strongest best compression top out there" on, I totally have boobs. Which is starting to look redic since I'm growing a beard. I really have to track down a good doc that won't make me wait forever to get this taken care of. Before November would be nice, because I'll still have insurance until then.

Elder

Umbral_Necropolitan
[Q]

No clue about the harness, but you look a like a man. (props if you get the reference)
I don't get the reference, but thank you.

I needed that.

Hallowed Wench

Corrupted Coco
That Is All
Umbral_Necropolitan
That Is All
Umbral_Necropolitan

Some people seem to think that hormones is all they have to do to pass... without hours of electrolysis I would look like the bearded lady. I know I cannot get away with some clothing since my shoulders are fully developed, but only a 37 inch band size (in between size ftl) so I have a upside down triangle body shape. I has small hips... I like what hoop skirts do for me though, they hide my body shape.

For being genetically male, I actually have a very curvy body. For all my shortcomings, I feel like I was blessed with a big butt and wide hips. XD

Not sure if you're on HRT yet or not... You definitely don't want to wait too long like I did to come out and transition, prior to 21 I had boy shoulders instead of man shoulders. Tried finding a photo of what my shoulders look like now but the ones that show them are too risky to post on gaia as allot of skin is showing.

I do have a pic of what they looked like just a few months into HRT.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b91/Deathscythe36/0616001917-1.jpg

Before, I'm on the right:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b91/Deathscythe36/Special/Mearound22-3.jpg

Yeah, I'm not on hormones yet and I'm about to turn 19... so I'm scared that I'm going to lose any femininity I already have pretty soon. That's why I want to start HRT as soon as possible, but I still can't seem to come out yet to anyone who could help me. And I still don't know how to pursue therapy; I have no money, and I'm on my parent's insurance, so I have no idea how to pay for it behind their backs.

Well first off, don't forget that I didn't start HRT til I was 23. You've seen my pictures. You'll be fine. Also, doctor-patient confidentiality. It's illegal for your doctor to discuss your medical issues with anyone without your consent, regardless of who is paying for it. Use your health insurance to your advantage while you can, it's safe. Just be sure to request privacy concerns like no mail on the subject and such, as your parents might try to open it.

Aye, I didn't mean that someone starting later was ******** but sooner is better.

I would check to see if your insurance will pay for therapy or HRT, most will not pay if they know what the visits are for. My insurance paid for bloodwork, most of my doc appointments but no therapy... I had a decent PPO at the time.

I know my parental support on transition was on the condition that I underwent therapy, got my letter, and such... Bunch of hooey that cost me money I wish I had to spend on cosmetic surgery.

Hallowed Wench

[Q]
Umbral_Necropolitan
[Q]

No clue about the harness, but you look a like a man. (props if you get the reference)
I don't get the reference, but thank you.

I needed that.

"He looka like a man" Miss Swan, Mad TV

NP

Elder

So, on therapy, can anyone tell me what the therapy is like?

What sorts of things do they ask you to think about and such?
Corrupted Coco

Also, doctor-patient confidentiality. It's illegal for your doctor to discuss your medical issues with anyone without your consent, regardless of who is paying for it..

Not if you're a minor. If you're a minor, your parents have the right to see any and all of your medical information, since they're the ones who need to consent to any treatment the doctor decides on. The only exception I've ever heard of is for birth control/abortion related treatments.

Dapper Phantom

Track01_Rebuild
Dandrogyny
Track01_Rebuild
If either of you need someone to talk to about BIG boob dysphoria, I'm here. DDD/E cups, as I'm sure I've mentioned before. gonk
I totally forgot that you were. >.> It's easy for me to forget when a trans guy has a big chest. O.O

Yeah, hence my pics always starting above the chest, lol. Even with my "3 layers of compression totally the strongest best compression top out there" on, I totally have boobs. Which is starting to look redic since I'm growing a beard. I really have to track down a good doc that won't make me wait forever to get this taken care of. Before November would be nice, because I'll still have insurance until then.
Wait, are you somewhere that will take insurance for chest surgery??

But yeah double-incision is a lot easier to get. So I think you'll be OK if you can get the money together.

Dapper Phantom

[Q]

Depends on the therapist, honestly.
But they tend to cover or may ask:

- What is dysphoria like for you?
- How do you feel about your gender role?
- How does this affect your sexuality?
- How do you want to live your life?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years, in terms of your transition? 10?
- What expectations of transition do you have? What limitations do you acknowledge?
- Are you satisfied with the parts of yourself you cannot change?
- Do you have rigid gender beliefs? They will evaluate you to see if you are sexist/hate your birth sex.
- Is this a "compulsion" for you? Is this a "sexual" thing for you?
- An explanation of your identity as a whole.

And they will otherwise evaluate your mental health for things like depression, anxiety, self-harm, addiction, etc. Generally, they will want to fix those issues, first. If they are an involved therapist, they basically will try to scope out if this is an insecurity thing or a superficial thing for you.

However, as much as I don't really LIKE it... you don't need therapy to get on HRT anymore. just informed consent. You only need a therapist's note for things like surgery, official gender changes, etc.

Dapper Phantom

Adversative
Corrupted Coco

Also, doctor-patient confidentiality. It's illegal for your doctor to discuss your medical issues with anyone without your consent, regardless of who is paying for it..

Not if you're a minor. If you're a minor, your parents have the right to see any and all of your medical information, since they're the ones who need to consent to any treatment the doctor decides on. The only exception I've ever heard of is for birth control/abortion related treatments.
I was 18 years old and my dad would talk to my therapist in a "non-medical context" and try to control my transition and s**t. It's part of why things got ******** up for me and I was never given my letter. My dad kept telling him I was crazy and out of control and s**t, so he would NOT let me have my testosterone letter. He gave it to my endocrinologist personally and and I could not be trusted to have it. Because my dad was so ******** involved. But I was a LEGAL adult. And not just BARELY, either. I turned 18 in March and was seeing him in October.
Dandrogyny
[Q]

Depends on the therapist, honestly.
But they tend to cover or may ask:

- What is dysphoria like for you?
- How do you feel about your gender role?
- How does this affect your sexuality?
- How do you want to live your life?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years, in terms of your transition? 10?
- What expectations of transition do you have? What limitations do you acknowledge?
- Are you satisfied with the parts of yourself you cannot change?
- Do you have rigid gender beliefs? They will evaluate you to see if you are sexist/hate your birth sex.
- Is this a "compulsion" for you? Is this a "sexual" thing for you?
- An explanation of your identity as a whole.

And they will otherwise evaluate your mental health for things like depression, anxiety, self-harm, addiction, etc. Generally, they will want to fix those issues, first. If they are an involved therapist, they basically will try to scope out if this is an insecurity thing or a superficial thing for you.

However, as much as I don't really LIKE it... you don't need therapy to get on HRT anymore. just informed consent. You only need a therapist's note for things like surgery, official gender changes, etc.

Man I really need one of these... neutral ..after I come out to my parents.
Dandrogyny
Track01_Rebuild
Dandrogyny
Track01_Rebuild

But yeah double-incision is a lot easier to get. So I think you'll be OK if you can get the money together.

Not necessarily, but I figure having insurance is better than not, even if it won't cover the actual surgery, it should cover the initial visit, and any after care (god forbid I need anything major).

Dapper Phantom

Track01_Rebuild
Dandrogyny
Track01_Rebuild
Dandrogyny
Track01_Rebuild

Not necessarily, but I figure having insurance is better than not, even if it won't cover the actual surgery, it should cover the initial visit, and any after care (god forbid I need anything major).
It may or may not cover consultation. The surgeon I want just doesn't take insurance, period, but I think his consultation is free. However, insurance would be good for things like if you have complications that can be handled by your GP. The surgeon should generally handle surgical issues but I you can talk to them about things your GP can cover, like maybe an infection, or something. Insurance may also help with the therapist's note you need for surgery.
Dandrogyny
Track01_Rebuild
Dandrogyny
Track01_Rebuild
Dandrogyny
Track01_Rebuild

It may or may not cover consultation. The surgeon I want just doesn't take insurance, period, but I think his consultation is free. However, insurance would be good for things like if you have complications that can be handled by your GP. The surgeon should generally handle surgical issues but I you can talk to them about things your GP can cover, like maybe an infection, or something. Insurance may also help with the therapist's note you need for surgery.

Things I love about Philly: The Mazzoni Center.
I go to a LGBTQ medical center, my PCP specializes in transsexuals, and I already have a therapist who works at the center specifically for transsexuals who I met with in order to get on T. She said if/when I get any surgery, she will write me a note for it. I also have her personal cell # if I ever need to call her.
#1 reason I told you that you should move to Philly if it were actually possible for you. This city is AWESOME for transsexuals. I just shot for the Equality Forum this past weekend for a few panels they had (one was JUST trans related). And my medical center is the group that organizes the yearly trans health conference.
</happyrant>

Dapper Phantom

Track01_Rebuild
Dandrogyny
Track01_Rebuild
Dandrogyny
Track01_Rebuild

Things I love about Philly: The Mazzoni Center.
I go to a LGBTQ medical center, my PCP specializes in transsexuals, and I already have a therapist who works at the center specifically for transsexuals who I met with in order to get on T. She said if/when I get any surgery, she will write me a note for it. I also have her personal cell # if I ever need to call her.
#1 reason I told you that you should move to Philly if it were actually possible for you. This city is AWESOME for transsexuals. I just shot for the Equality Forum this past weekend for a few panels they had (one was JUST trans related). And my medical center is the group that organizes the yearly trans health conference.
</happyrant>
That's the strange thing. I'm in CALIFORNIA, but right in the middle of the DEADZONE, apparently. I have to travel 50 miles north or south to find anything. Really difficult to do without a car. Seeing a therapist in San Diego for surgery when I can afford it, which is like an hour drive away.

I wish I could just temporarily stay thereto get my s**t fixed. But I don't want to live there. I was just thiking about how much I would hate to be away from the coast. East cost might be better, though. Idk. Or just NorCal.

God/fate/the universe kind of hates me. Everything about my transition is WAY more of a pain in the a** than like, anyone I've ever known. They've always had some sort of short cut I can't have. I'd consider "couch surfing" to Philly but I'd have to give up my job AGAIN. And it's been so impossible for me to get a job.

Witty Lunatic

6,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Flatterer 200
[Q]

If your therapist is anything like my last psychiatrist, they'll insist on the fact that you should accept your body and become a lesbian. Even if you're gay. Because they're working with your paranoid mother, who will refuse to fill your prescriptions and then pull you out of therapy after three months anyway. /angst Moral of the story: Be sure your therapist is legit, and don't settle just because you want to get things done with. It turns out it's worth the time it takes to find a good match. Not all "gender therapists" are experts...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff