I'm back for now, we're all good right? 0.14351851851852 14.4% [ 155 ]
Wait... What are you doing with that knife? 0.48703703703704 48.7% [ 526 ]
Total Votes:[ 1080 ]

Dangerous Survivor

7,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
I guess something about me sets off gay guys' gaydars... This one gay guy from my school just messaged me on Facebook, saying he and his friends couldn't tell if I was gay or not. Apparently his friends thought I was, but he said "I couldn't read you." He was then like, "Well you're really cute, if you were gay, I'd tap, just saying." I mean, I appreciate the fact that he finds me attractive, but I don't want to be "read" as gay. I just want to be able to present as a girl, and have people think of me as a girl, not a gay male. Sorry, -end rant.

Dapper Phantom

That Is All
I guess something about me sets off gay guys' gaydars... This one gay guy from my school just messaged me on Facebook, saying he and his friends couldn't tell if I was gay or not. Apparently his friends thought I was, but he said "I couldn't read you." He was then like, "Well you're really cute, if you were gay, I'd tap, just saying." I mean, I appreciate the fact that he finds me attractive, but I don't want to be "read" as gay. I just want to be able to present as a girl, and have people think of me as a girl, not a gay male. Sorry, -end rant.
A lot of uh, closeted trans women come off as gay men 'cos people don't know how the heck to interpret a male body with a female spirit. They just think you must like men (and have no idea that you identify as a woman). 'Cos people are ignorant. >.>

I set off everyone's gaydar. Even if they think I'm a chick for some reason (which doesn't happen often), they think I'm gay.

Profitable Browser

8,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Voter 100
That Is All

I think that most people see me as a straight, cisgender male. I have had some people think that I'm a gay guy in the past though. No one, however, sees me as a girl. I don't really look like a girl though and I don't present as one either.

Dangerous Survivor

7,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
Dandrogyny
That Is All
A lot of uh, closeted trans women come off as gay men 'cos people don't know how the heck to interpret a male body with a female spirit. They just think you must like men (and have no idea that you identify as a woman). 'Cos people are ignorant. >.>

I set off everyone's gaydar. Even if they think I'm a chick for some reason (which doesn't happen often), they think I'm gay.

It just really makes me dysphoric, that they confuse me with being gay, and not a woman, I guess. I know they can't help it, especially since I'm not presenting as female, but... sweatdrop

Dapper Phantom

That Is All
Dandrogyny
That Is All

It just really makes me dysphoric, that they confuse me with being gay, and not a woman, I guess. I know they can't help it, especially since I'm not presenting as female, but... sweatdrop
That's perfectly understandable. You're in a tough situation right now. ;w;
npulse
iShotElmo8D
npulse
iShotElmo8D
npulse
iShotElmo8D
No, if he read the note he would have had an idea I was transgendered. Right now, he just thinks I'm a tomboy. He doesn't like to invade my privacy aswell.

Oh, ok ok. I wasn't sure so I thought I'd throw that out there.

Well, I guess all I can say is start off small, doing and introducing small things such as the example with your hair smile

Do you have any sort of time line when you'd like to come out to them or is this something you think you'll have to keep to yourself for a while?
The second one, whenever I feel like I'm ready. >_< It'll probably take a while, since I have personal things to do before I come out. It'll bother me alot at some points, though. I'm just really afraid that I might end up cutting or getting severely depressed while waiting for that moment. :'(

I think it'll be important to take your time with it! Don't rush yourself with it and make sure you're fully comfortable with everything before you do.

I don't know if it'll help but have you tried doing other things when you feel the need to cut? I mean, not saying your stupid and haven't, but have you tried breaking pencils or taking a piece of paper and a pen and just scribbling out black?
B'ahaha, yeah! The last time I was angry, I just wanted to punch the wall but instead I took lots of color pencils, a piece of paper, and started scribbling with lots of pressure on the pencils - like crazy. o.o; I was so frustrated.

Did it help any? :O Or maybe if you get frustrated, go for a jog. Exercise is suppose to release endorphins so not only are you being healthy by exercising but you're releasing a natural happy hormone.
Actually it somewhat helped. And yeah, I exercise nearly everyday too, but it's usually when I'm in a regular mood.

Rainbow Raider

9,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
That Is All
Dandrogyny
That Is All

I can empathize, the same thing used to happen to me all the time. I'm still really not sure why so many people read me as a gay guy before I came out, although friends have suggested that it might be because my mannerisms and the way I talk have always been rather feminine.
They are probably picking up on some feminine quality that you have, so this may actually help you later on. Try to take it as a compliment?

Dangerous Survivor

7,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
Lavender Outlaw
That Is All
Dandrogyny
That Is All

I can empathize, the same thing used to happen to me all the time. I'm still really not sure why so many people read me as a gay guy before I came out, although friends have suggested that it might be because my mannerisms and the way I talk have always been rather feminine.
They are probably picking up on some feminine quality that you have, so this may actually help you later on. Try to take it as a compliment?

Well I did ask one of my friends who thought I was gay, and he said it's because of the way I look, like my eyes, my face, and my hair. eek I didn't know it was possible to "look gay".

Dangerous Survivor

7,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
Flickering Hope
That Is All

I think that most people see me as a straight, cisgender male. I have had some people think that I'm a gay guy in the past though. No one, however, sees me as a girl. I don't really look like a girl though and I don't present as one either.

Yeah, I know what you mean. But I guess it can't really be helped, until we start giving them some clue that we identify as female.

Dapper Phantom

My signature has a lot of people just randomly telling me trans people aren't the gender they say they are.

All the uglies slipping out of the shadows. I must admit it's pretty hard having so many people tell me I'm a woman, but even if it bugs me, it won't change the fact that I'm a man. It's just annoying.
I never pay attention to that kind of stuff anymore. I don't really need to.

Ex: Apparently a few days ago while I was driving with my partner, some random gay guy driving the same car as me was giving me the "Hey, baby" look. I didn't notice until she told me.

No one ever compliments me, however, as being a cute girl or a pretty woman, except for my partner. People either use "handsome" or stick with neutral crap because they're too uncomfortable for anything else. That's the only thing that ever really irritates me, is when people do whatever they can to avoid even referring to me as female because they're uncomfortable.

I've noticed this a lot going out lately.

Dangerous Survivor

7,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
Dandrogyny
My signature has a lot of people just randomly telling me trans people aren't the gender they say they are.

All the uglies slipping out of the shadows. I must admit it's pretty hard having so many people tell me I'm a woman, but even if it bugs me, it won't change the fact that I'm a man. It's just annoying.

I've come to the conclusion that cis-people invalidate the genders of trans people merely because they're uncomfortable with their own gender issues. For example. Straight cis-men have such a hard time accepting trans women as actual women. I've heard so many straight cis-guys say, "Oh, that girl's hot," until they find out she's trans, at which point they go, "Oh god, she's hideous." They can't accept the fact that they're attracted to someone with XY chromosomes, so they label that person as male and create a bias against them. Which is ridiculous, because it doesn't matter what she may or may not have had between her legs. If she's beautiful, she's beautiful, and she worked damn harder than most cis-girls to get that way. In the same way, cis-women invalidate trans-men because they are unwilling to admit that they're attracted to, or are unwilling to align male-priveledge with someone with XX chromosomes. It's a combination of transphobia, homophobia, and close-mindedness.

Dapper Phantom

That Is All
Dandrogyny

I've come to the conclusion that cis-people invalidate the genders of trans people merely because they're uncomfortable with their own gender issues. For example. Straight cis-men have such a hard time accepting trans women as actual women. I've heard so many straight cis-guys say, "Oh, that girl's hot," until they find out she's trans, at which point they go, "Oh god, she's hideous." They can't accept the fact that they're attracted to someone with XY chromosomes, so they label that person as male and create a bias against them. Which is ridiculous, because it doesn't matter what she may or may not have had between her legs. If she's beautiful, she's beautiful, and she worked damn harder than most cis-girls to get that way. In the same way, cis-women invalidate trans-men because they are unwilling to admit that they're attracted to, or are unwilling to align male-priveledge with someone with XX chromosomes. It's a combination of transphobia, homophobia, and close-mindedness.
I also have guys telling me I'm not a man because they're threatened that someone without a p***s could be a member of the same gender as they are and girls telling me I'm not a man because I think a part of them wishes deep down they could do the same thing ONLY for the social benefits of the male gender role and they're mad that I have a real reason to transition and "obtain male privilege". At least that's what it feels like when people are so pushy over it. That or gay men who are like "You just want to be the yaoi; a gay man will never want you because you have a stinky p***y!" Even if I was cis-male, I don't think I'd want to date someone who says vaginas are disgusting. ******** every gay man that talks like that.

Dangerous Survivor

7,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
Dandrogyny
That's all true as well. Cis-people need to get off their pompous, high-horses and realize that gender is not defined by genitals or sexuality. I'll post an argument that I actually got into on Omegle, ridiculously enough, and saved for future reference.

Quote:
Quote:
So you're telling me that just because your mind says you're a woman, that makes you a woman? That's insane. If I were to say I were a dolphin, and even if I truly, 100% believed I was a dolphin, pure, physical proof shows you that I am NOT a dolphin. I don't have fins, gills, or the ability to swim for long distances underwater. I am biologically NOT a dolphin, in the same way that you are biologically NOT a woman.

Let me stop you right there. Your argument is completely invalid. You're comparing an ant to a tree. Humans do not have, nor have they ever had (at least maybe not for millions of years), the capability to exist as dolphins. A human and a dolphin are completely different things. Humans, are, however, genderless as birth. We begin as eggs that are fertilized, and our development is triggered by the signals and processes given by our genetic make-up. We continue developing as genderless until our chromosomes signal the development of our primary and secondary sexual characteristics. Yes, we are given either a male or female body, but mistakes happen in development. In the case of a transsexual person, our minds develop differently than our bodies. And in doing so, we are left with a mind that does not agree with the sexual make-up of our body. Our minds do tell us our gender, but why are you so quick to invalidate the "I think, therefore I am," logic? Our minds are what dictate what we do, how we think, who we are. If your mind did not have precedence over your body, you would not be having this argument with me now. A person who thinks they are a dolphin is a psychosis, whereas a person who thinks they're the opposite gender is a birth defect. But hey, if you honestly, truly believe you're a dolphin, I'd be happy to set you up in a pool of water, throw you fish every now and then and call you "Flipper."

Tl;dr, I think I owned the crap out of him.
So happy I'm a cis-person who actually knows the difference between gender and sex. neutral I really feel for you guys. I deal with enough idiocy even as a cis-person, ugh.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff