Wait... What are you doing with that knife? 0.48765893792072 48.8% [ 652 ]
Total Votes:[ 1337 ]

Tiny Friend

12,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Timid 100
And every time you ask him for another vanishing act,
he half smiles as if to say...

I made one of those people things and it looks pretty damn close to me. Only thing is I don't wear my earrings very often, makes it hard for me to pass. (Also I have 3 in each ear instead of 2, but close enough.)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

..."Whatever you want,
whatever you want,
whatever you want is fine by me."

Lonely Shapeshifter

9,000 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Survivor 150
Dandrogyny
So I know a lot of you guys are into fanfics/art/etc.

I have a webcomic started up (sorry, I can't really share it on Gaia with risk of trolls raiding the site it's hosted on), and I decided to name a character Aidan as a small reference trans men.
xd He is not a trans character, and he's a side character (with an important role, though). I made avatars of some of the characters (these aren't all of them):

Anyone else put trans people or trans references in their art/writing/RPing/etc?

I'm also considering putting a gender-neutral character in. As in their gender is something they "don't talk about". This character's design is only in the EARLIEST stages, but their gender neutrality is supposed to just add to their mysterious nature (rather than being focused on as a "trans" issue).

I am SO tempted to add a trans character but that feels... unnecessary. Like I seriously have all the plot devices lined up already. >.>

I have been incorporating trans people into my stories recently, usually they're the main character, or a very important character. I usually don't really focus on their transgender status as being a main point, though. I mean, it is mentioned and expanded upon, but it isn't really used as a conflict. Except for in the one story I've been writing about a transgirl who gets beaten half to death for being trans, gets revived as a vampire, and swears revenge on the guys who hurt her. sweatdrop

Oh, and I did use an androgynous, gender-neutral child in my Zelda fanfiction, but she's not really a main character, she's sort of an avatar for Majora's Mask, and since Majora in my story is a female, I refer to the child as a girl.

Anxious Friend

iShotElmo8D
npulse
iShotElmo8D
npulse
iShotElmo8D

I don't really plan to tell him yet. redface I have this really long note I need to show him, but it's on my computer, which he kinda took. redface

Do you think, perhaps, that he's read the note already? Since he's took your computer and all..maybe that's why he's getting slightly involved? o.o
No, if he read the note he would have had an idea I was transgendered. Right now, he just thinks I'm a tomboy. He doesn't like to invade my privacy aswell.

Oh, ok ok. I wasn't sure so I thought I'd throw that out there.

Well, I guess all I can say is start off small, doing and introducing small things such as the example with your hair smile

Do you have any sort of time line when you'd like to come out to them or is this something you think you'll have to keep to yourself for a while?
The second one, whenever I feel like I'm ready. >_< It'll probably take a while, since I have personal things to do before I come out. It'll bother me alot at some points, though. I'm just really afraid that I might end up cutting or getting severely depressed while waiting for that moment. :'(

I think it'll be important to take your time with it! Don't rush yourself with it and make sure you're fully comfortable with everything before you do.

I don't know if it'll help but have you tried doing other things when you feel the need to cut? I mean, not saying your stupid and haven't, but have you tried breaking pencils or taking a piece of paper and a pen and just scribbling out black?
npulse
iShotElmo8D
npulse
iShotElmo8D
npulse
iShotElmo8D

I don't really plan to tell him yet. redface I have this really long note I need to show him, but it's on my computer, which he kinda took. redface

Do you think, perhaps, that he's read the note already? Since he's took your computer and all..maybe that's why he's getting slightly involved? o.o
No, if he read the note he would have had an idea I was transgendered. Right now, he just thinks I'm a tomboy. He doesn't like to invade my privacy aswell.

Well, I guess all I can say is start off small, doing and introducing small things such as the example with your hair smile

Do you have any sort of time line when you'd like to come out to them or is this something you think you'll have to keep to yourself for a while?
The second one, whenever I feel like I'm ready. >_< It'll probably take a while, since I have personal things to do before I come out. It'll bother me alot at some points, though. I'm just really afraid that I might end up cutting or getting severely depressed while waiting for that moment. :'(

I think it'll be important to take your time with it! Don't rush yourself with it and make sure you're fully comfortable with everything before you do.

I don't know if it'll help but have you tried doing other things when you feel the need to cut? I mean, not saying your stupid and haven't, but have you tried breaking pencils or taking a piece of paper and a pen and just scribbling out black?
B'ahaha, yeah! The last time I was angry, I just wanted to punch the wall but instead I took lots of color pencils, a piece of paper, and started scribbling with lots of pressure on the pencils - like crazy. o.o; I was so frustrated.

Dapper Phantom

[Muffins of DOOM]
Dandrogyny
[Muffins of DOOM]
          Hey guys! Just randomly popping in again for a little update. My name change court date was April 16th, so now that's officially legal with pretty much everything. Even got my driver's license renewed with my now legal name and my gender marker says male now on that!

But that awesome stuff aside. I'm now about 7 months on testosterone and have recently started hitting the gym, working to at least try and get in better shape for my top surgery which will hopefully be around August~September, hopefully October at the latest. And I was wondering if anyone here had any recommendations for workouts they've seen or are using?

I really want to work on my pecs and shoulders and stuff, stuff that'll help me pass better and also help my surgery come out better.
Super awesome.

I'm hoping to work out when I'm back on T again. I won't really have time, though. I get more of my upperbody stuff done at work anyway (literally lifting heavy stuff all day) so I;m thinking I'll do cardio in the morning before work. :'O I'm looking foward to it.

All I can say is: Pull ups. They suck but they really work on your chest.

Yeah, I don't like saying that my job is very upper body intensive, but in certain ways it really is. Now I just want to build bulk though, and my body has gotten so used to the job that it really doesn't need to build anything new to do it.

Thanks for the tips, I'll def have to hit the pull up stations when I hit the gym later c:
Why don't you like saying it? D': I'm proud of the fact that my job is so labor-intensive. It's "manly". Basically at my job if I get "used" to something it just means I can work faster and faster. There is no limit to how much stronger it will make me basically. I'll just be able to carry bigger and bigger loads.

Anxious Friend

iShotElmo8D
npulse
iShotElmo8D
npulse
iShotElmo8D

B'ahaha, yeah! The last time I was angry, I just wanted to punch the wall but instead I took lots of color pencils, a piece of paper, and started scribbling with lots of pressure on the pencils - like crazy. o.o; I was so frustrated.

Did it help any? :O Or maybe if you get frustrated, go for a jog. Exercise is suppose to release endorphins so not only are you being healthy by exercising but you're releasing a natural happy hormone.
Dandrogyny
Why don't you like saying it? D': I'm proud of the fact that my job is so labor-intensive. It's "manly". Basically at my job if I get "used" to something it just means I can work faster and faster. There is no limit to how much stronger it will make me basically. I'll just be able to carry bigger and bigger loads.

Because I work in a deli, so it's certainly not manly in any way. You've got to be strong and have some stamina to do it though, so it's not as easy as a lot of people think. People think it's so easy though and so that's why I don't describe it as hard work.

Dapper Phantom

[Muffins of DOOM]
Dandrogyny

Because I work in a deli, so it's certainly not manly in any way. You've got to be strong and have some stamina to do it though, so it's not as easy as a lot of people think. People think it's so easy though and so that's why I don't describe it as hard work.
I disagree... working it the deli used to be men's work only. Besides. You get to cut meat and s**t. xd And most deil uniforms make everyone dress like a guy. rofl
Dandrogyny
I disagree... working it the deli used to be men's work only. Besides. You get to cut meat and s**t. xd And most deil uniforms make everyone dress like a guy. rofl

Well I feel like it's an insanely feminine job. Especially because even with as far in my transition as I am, as soon as I put on that ******** hair net I'm "she'd" to the moon and back

/flips a table

Dapper Phantom

[Muffins of DOOM]
Dandrogyny

Well I feel like it's an insanely feminine job. Especially because even with as far in my transition as I am, as soon as I put on that ******** hair net I'm "she'd" to the moon and back

/flips a table
Ohhh snap. Hair nets suck...
And yeah some people feel working with food is feminine. I personally don't. I guess it's 'cos I worked with a manly chef, hahah.
Dandrogyny
And yeah some people feel working with food is feminine. I personally don't. I guess it's 'cos I worked with a manly chef, hahah.

They are awful. So I've taken to wearing the beard guards too, even though I really don't have enough facial hair to require it yet, because it helps.

I hate my job so much though, once my top surgery is finished I'm going to be finally going to college for mortuary science c:

Dapper Phantom

[Muffins of DOOM]
Dandrogyny

They are awful. So I've taken to wearing the beard guards too, even though I really don't have enough facial hair to require it yet, because it helps.

I hate my job so much though, once my top surgery is finished I'm going to be finally going to college for mortuary science c:
Are you waiting for financial reasons? I'll probably do the same thing I guess. I mean sure I could go to school the way I am now but it will just make saving up take longer.

Tipsy Genius

13,675 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
[Muffins of DOOM]
Dandrogyny

/flips a table

Um... bald is beautiful? xd And usually pretty masculine. But silly looking if you're one of those guys who shaves their head due to going bald anyway (my Electromagnetic Theory prof has this going on, it seems like such a self-conscious thing to do when otherwise he's pretty chill about everything).

Speaking of Electromag, final tomorrow! User Image

Dapper Phantom

I refuse to go bald. mad

If I do then I'll just gather a massive, gorgeous wig collection. >.>

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items