Total Votes:[ 1337 ]

Dapper Phantom

Biblical Unicorn
Dandrogyny
Biblical Unicorn
Dandrogyny
Biblical Unicorn
Dandrogyny
Lol, you're not explaining anything to me I don't understand. I still find it fallible.

Yeah...it accounts for its fallibility is that it does not provide proof or truths. Merely indications.

I'm done with this conversation. Your personal situation is driving your objection to this specific indicator, rather than legitimate argument or fact.
[Facepalm]
Basically I feel the "indications" are negligible if you have a chance that that person might be a ********' moron. Why not base what their intelligence could be on something a bit more reliable than something that is "merely" an "indicator". Such as direct proof/experience. Yes, I would consider that a lot more reliable, and I will never "guess" at someone's intelligence level due to their education level. Because I know that intelligence is not the primary factor there. The primary factors are money and effort. A person of moderately average intelligence can get there without being a genius. Having fancy degrees is no reason to call yourself smart. The immodesty in my opinion is also stupid.

It's not 'basing intelligence' on that. It's indicating. Indicators are used in conjunction with each other. They are also not used based on personal knowledge of a person, but rather based on broad sociological studies of groups of people which have produced the indicators and are used in impersonal sociological settings. If you ever do anything to do with anthropology, social service, or welfare, ALL the policies are based on these indicators. Why are they based on them? Because for 90% of cases, they are the truth.
I don't consider it an indicator unless it is directly related to the person's intelligence. Which in this case, it is not. Hence why dumb people can obtain it.

In that case you think all psychological and sociological studies, outcomes and protocols are total bullshit and the study of anthropology, psychology or sociology totally worthless, because all use indicators, and all of those indicators have exceptions.

BTW: the way IQ tests were formed was to do studies on what set intelligent people away from dumb people, and use those indicators to build tests built around those indicators and assess whether a person had those indicators of intelligence.
Personally I think you're pulling that 90% out of your butt. I mean you're like "not everywhere is like the US!" so basically you jsut make where I live exaempt in your argument.

Honestly I don't see how a test is as "vague" as this indicator think you're talking about but ok. It sees a lot more specific to me honestly.

Dapper Phantom

Adversative
Dandrogyny
Biblical Unicorn

You're right, it doesn't. But that does not mean that being in academia is not a marker of intelligence. Because 9 times out of 10 it is. Not being in academics, academia. That's not college, it's not high school. It's the level above that. You can also have a high IQ and not use it, and still be painfully stupid.
I disagree... being in academia/academics/etc. is a mark of money. The higher the tier, the more you could afford.

Malcolm Gladwell has a really interesting chapter in _Outliers_ where he suggests that the difference between a low-privileged person with a high IQ and a high-privileged person with high IQ is ... not the money as much as the culture. High-privileged children are taught negotiation skills from a young age, and encouraged to be assertive, so they're better at self-presentation and working through "social" problems. (I unfortunately don't remember the names, but his examples were a low-privilege person who had to drop out of college because he hadn't filled out FAFSA correctly, and he couldn't convince the financial aid office to work with him to correct the mistakes ... vs a high privilege person who TRIED TO KILL HIS PROFESSOR and was allowed to continue, because he was able to convince people that it was due to stress.)
Money however IS one of the factors. It's a lot easier to negotiate when you're not homeless/ill.

I mean I could use myself for an example. I am very assertive, persuasive, and have excellent social skills. I am also moderately to severely ill with several conditions, broke, and have a hell of a time getting out of bed some days (literally bed-ridden). I previously used my convictions to get a REALLY good job (for someone with no experience/connections) WHILST I was bed ridden but those opportunities don't show up everyday.

Dapper Phantom

Anyway, that argument aside, I spent today being ill again. Was in bed until almost 4. I am going to try to get some work done tomorrow, as in I guess I'm heading down to the temp agency. I'm pretty nervous. Since I'm going in for an interview I think I'll spend $5 and dye my hair (roots are starting to show). Fair investment? I need to look as nice as possible and make a good impression but I'm not sure if re-dying my hair is just vain.

Mewling Lover

8,900 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Dandrogyny
Anyway, that argument aside, I spent today being ill again. Was in bed until almost 4. I am going to try to get some work done tomorrow, as in I guess I'm heading down to the temp agency. I'm pretty nervous. Since I'm going in for an interview I think I'll spend $5 and dye my hair (roots are starting to show). Fair investment? I need to look as nice as possible and make a good impression but I'm not sure if re-dying my hair is just vain.
might also give you a confidence booster shot looking all spiffy and awesome o3o

Dapper Phantom

x_Magnus Bane_x
Dandrogyny
might also give you a confidence booster shot looking all spiffy and awesome o3o
That's what my mum said. >W<

Mewling Lover

8,900 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Dandrogyny
x_Magnus Bane_x
Dandrogyny
That's what my mum said. >W<
oh god i'm talking like a mom >.>''

Dapper Phantom

I did decide to dye it (yay!) and I'm getting ready for the temp agency and reprinting my name change forms typed up (I made an error on it and scribbled it it out so I had to redo a page so I just did it all).

Turning that in tomorrow and going to the temp agency with my hair all did up and I'll be dressing nicely. I hope this works out... and that there's not something weird like awaiting list.

FINALLY. I mean it's been ALMOST THREE WEEKS, I could have my court date scheduled for next week it I turned it in when I was supposed to... ugh. Long story. Complicated situations in life right now.

Profitable Browser

9,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Voter 100
Hey everyone, I'm just wondering if you sometimes have doubts that you're trans and how you know that you're trans when you have some doubts? There are sometimes when I feel like I want to be a girl more than anything else, other times I feel as though maybe I'm wrong. Sometimes it can change over the course of a few days, sometimes it can change all in one day. I'm just wondering if others experience the same thing as me?

Dapper Phantom

Flickering Hope
Hey everyone, I'm just wondering if you sometimes have doubts that you're trans and how you know that you're trans when you have some doubts? There are sometimes when I feel like I want to be a girl more than anything else, other times I feel as though maybe I'm wrong. Sometimes it can change over the course of a few days, sometimes it can change all in one day. I'm just wondering if others experience the same thing as me?
I haven't doubted being trans really since 2008 when I was first starting to figure it out. At the time I just had to ride the wave. I had to get further in transition before I really knew it felt right.
Doubt is part of the journey. It keeps you on your feet.

Lonely Saint

Top surgery related;
I made a decision today. I'm going to trash my nipples.
Having visited the post-surgery gallery on the local forum, I noticed a trend: instead of actually moving the nipples, the surgeons here just move a somewhat coin-shaped bit of areola, sew it where the n****e used to be and hope it doesn't stretch much. Sadly, it always does, and ends up being sheat ghost-shaped bit of pink instead of even resembling a n****e.

Therefore, I won't even try. I'll just have these cut off and go through n****e reconstruction later, where they form an artificial n****e on the spot and it's coloured by tattooing detail on it. Visited google for photos of that and my god, they actually look like nipples.

I feel so much more at peace now, knowing that there's only one thing that can go awfully wrong, and that's the horizontal cuts. No more worrying whether or not my nipples will look good - they will. This took a surprisingly huge bit of weight off my shoulders, I didn't even know I'm subconsciously worrying about the results.

Tiny Friend

12,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Timid 100
Flickering Hope
And every time you ask him for another vanishing act,
he half smiles as if to say...

I had doubts in the beginning, definitely. I think it gets better the longer you think about it, though.

..."Whatever you want,
whatever you want,
whatever you want is fine by me."

Lonely Saint

Flickering Hope

I had a lot of this - all the way until starting T, in fact. Keeping a blog helped a lot, I could just pour it all out, all the doubts I had. Somehow, typing them out cleared them for me. I also reasoned a lot with myself. Almost every time, my doubts were quite illogical and out of line with the way I truly felt, as well as being contrary to all evidence I had already.
It's only natural to have doubts - this IS the most life-changing decision a transperson has to make, after all. It's taking the control of your life into your own hands, and doubting is vital. Doubts prevent you from making hasty decisions.

I really had nothing but doubts for six months straight, I was incapable of actually thinking of anything but this. My thoughts returned to the topic every two minutes if I ever managed to rip them off it the first place - this was the first thing I thought about in the morning and the last thing I thought about in the evening and often, I even dreamed about it. My brain sort of dropped right into the middle of every doubt I ever had about myself and decided that now was the perfect time to solve them all at once. It lasted for two years, and I can say the last I doubted was two weeks into T. That means I've spent two and half months without a doubt or fear of having made the wrong decision for the first time since 2009. Yay?

Hallowed Wench

Oblivion Blades
Top surgery related;
I made a decision today. I'm going to trash my nipples.
Having visited the post-surgery gallery on the local forum, I noticed a trend: instead of actually moving the nipples, the surgeons here just move a somewhat coin-shaped bit of areola, sew it where the n****e used to be and hope it doesn't stretch much. Sadly, it always does, and ends up being sheat ghost-shaped bit of pink instead of even resembling a n****e.

Therefore, I won't even try. I'll just have these cut off and go through n****e reconstruction later, where they form an artificial n****e on the spot and it's coloured by tattooing detail on it. Visited google for photos of that and my god, they actually look like nipples.

I feel so much more at peace now, knowing that there's only one thing that can go awfully wrong, and that's the horizontal cuts. No more worrying whether or not my nipples will look good - they will. This took a surprisingly huge bit of weight off my shoulders, I didn't even know I'm subconsciously worrying about the results.

I take it the loss of sensation is worth the aesthetics to you?

I think I would beat someone to death if they took my nips away. crying

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces