Welcome to Gaia! ::

Remy is back again....

Please don't kill me. D: 0.13836948391922 13.8% [ 185 ]
I'll be nice, I promise. 0.23186237845924 23.2% [ 310 ]
I'm back for now, we're all good right? 0.14210919970082 14.2% [ 190 ]
Wait... What are you doing with that knife? 0.48765893792072 48.8% [ 652 ]
Total Votes:[ 1337 ]

Hitch Slap
You don't like me but that doesn't make me unwise.

I'm leaving this thread. I will not let people talk trash to me over something like this. You can disagree with my views but the insults are uncalled for. I know it doesn't bother anyone since I wasn't a regular or anything anyway, but you are unwelcoming to views different than your own. That is not a good thing to do in a thread like this. It could push away people who need help but have views you don't like.

Also, I don't want to have an argument about this. I think we've made both of our sides fairly clear.

I'm sorry if you interpret it as an insult. Whether or not I like you is irrelevant. I am very neutral towards you.

Well, you're always welcome back. I'm sure you will be, dear anonymous.
In retrospect, however, I should have just said,"I don't believe knowledge to be wisdom."

We all have a little wisdom to offer, here and there. Nobody is flat out void of it, I should clarify. Nothing good, nothing bad, it just is.

Anywhoooooo... Where my girls at? When you started on E, what did it feel like for you and within that first week, did you notice anything different?

GAVIN LIVES.
Sanala
Anywhoooooo... Where my girls at? When you started on E, what did it feel like for you and within that first week, did you notice anything different?

I was excited, though one week in I didn't really notice anything. ( I have not any of the emotional stuff that many people talk about having. Really, most changes in my emotions occured prior to hormones. )

At about 1 month, my chest got sore. Hormones are slow, but magic biggrin
Katherine1

I was excited, though one week in I didn't really notice anything. ( I have not any of the emotional stuff that many people talk about having. Really, most changes in my emotions occured prior to hormones. )

Really? It's true, amazing magic <3. I'm noticing that I'm happy, and am not having mood swings or anything... but I'm only 4 days in XD. People were pretty insistent that I would be going nuts by now, but it seems that such a thing is not true, lol.
Sanala
Katherine1

Really? It's true, amazing magic <3. I'm noticing that I'm happy, and am not having mood swings or anything... but I'm only 4 days in XD. People were pretty insistent that I would be going nuts by now, but it seems that such a thing is not true, lol.
I know! Everyone talks about how HRT has you going through mood swings and crying for no reason and whatnot, and I got none of that. I was happy, still am, but that's not a direct effect of the hormones. wink

6,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Sanala
In retrospect, however, I should have just said,"I don't believe knowledge to be wisdom."

We all have a little wisdom to offer, here and there. Nobody is flat out void of it, I should clarify. Nothing good, nothing bad, it just is.

GAVIN LIVES.
My first week, I noticed my skin softening. Then came the focusing of my up until then erratic moodswings. Then the breast buds. All this took place over a year to a year and a half and I wouldn't give it up for anything

Hallowed Wench

Sanala
Katherine1

It is all psychological at that point. Changes take longer to happen as the estrogen builds up in your system. I was about 1.5 months in when I started noticing change, after month 4 is when growth really started for me. While my growth plateaued around 18 months (from a combination of weight loss and reaching my potential size), I still have growth happening at the 25th month mark. More filling in between my breasts than anything else, which is nice cleavage would be nice one day.
I just saw a transgender documentary and this woman was crying and talking about "bereavment" as if someone had died, even though she was still with the partner who transitioned.
I thought it was just so stupid... acting as if someone is a completely different person just because they transitioned. Like one person just vanished into dust and a new one appeared in their place
I'm not the only one who thinks so right?
Kitsuneko Nyan
I just saw a transgender documentary and this woman was crying and talking about "bereavment" as if someone had died, even though she was still with the partner who transitioned.
I thought it was just so stupid... acting as if someone is a completely different person just because they transitioned. Like one person just vanished into dust and a new one appeared in their place

You are definitely not alone. People really get attached to things in such an awful way. If anyone I knew did that while I was around, they WOULD get the glare of death.

Hallowed Wench

Kitsuneko Nyan

It depends, some people completely change when they transition. They can cease to be the previous individual, as it could have just been a facade the whole time rather than who they were. While others only change in subtle ways they might not even notice.

Then there is the whole physical side of it. If you're heterosexual and the person you loved changes into something you don't find attractive it can be extremely hard, for an example try having a relationship with someone whom you find unattractive, it won't be pleasant. Hell, hormones change a person's pheromone production and thus HRT can kill that magical feeling that being with your partner gave you.

Anyone lucky enough to not lose their spouse/significant other to transition should expect to deal with issues from the transition. You may have been living with it your whole life and come to terms with the need to transition but how long has your significant other been given to adapt to the change. Then there is the whole betrayal side to it, as some people are hurt that their lover didn't trust them enough to confide their feelings to them.

I would not condone the behavior but I wouldn't condemn it either.

Lonely Shapeshifter

9,000 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Survivor 150
Is it bad that Gaia is the only site I have that I come to for transgender support? sweatdrop

Dapper Phantom

That Is All
Is it bad that Gaia is the only site I have that I come to for transgender support? sweatdrop
Yes, if you feel you need more support.

I am not saying anything against this thread, but variety is important. But many trans communities online are very aggressive, so I can understand why you stay here. It's very peaceful in comparison to many others. I would highly recommend finding additional outlets, if you are finding that this doesn't feel like enough. Gaia is worth holding onto too, though.

HOWEVER, if you feel this is enough and you don't feel like you need much support, then I retract my statements. If you only feel you need a little, one place is enough.

Yeah I know I said I was leaving the thread but I felt I should comment on this. Based on my personal experience of relying on one place for too long (not here, but I made that mistake on another site).

Hallowed Wench

That Is All

Not really, the only other place I go is a chan site but not really for support more for information.

Lonely Shapeshifter

9,000 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Survivor 150
Hitch Slap
That Is All
Yes, if you feel you need more support.

I am not saying anything against this thread, but variety is important. But many trans communities online are very aggressive, so I can understand why you stay here. It's very peaceful in comparison to many others. I would highly recommend finding additional outlets, if you are finding that this doesn't feel like enough. Gaia is worth holding onto too, though.

HOWEVER, if you feel this is enough and you don't feel like you need much support, then I retract my statements. If you only feel you need a little, one place is enough.

Yeah I know I said I was leaving the thread but I felt I should comment on this. Based on my personal experience of relying on one place for too long (not here, but I made that mistake on another site).

Hmm, well I do lurk on another site quite often, even though I don't ever post there, and whenever I'm really at the end of my rope, my friends are usually good to go to for support. I've found Gaia quite useful, but then again, it doesn't really always answer all of my questions.

Dapper Phantom

That Is All
Hmm, well I do lurk on another site quite often, even though I don't ever post there, and whenever I'm really at the end of my rope, my friends are usually good to go to for support. I've found Gaia quite useful, but then again, it doesn't really always answer all of my questions.
Sounds like you answered your own question. xd If Gaia doesn't answer a question you have, you could do some research or seek additional support in those times. Also the YouTube community (though rather aggressive sometimes) is pretty helpful. There are some amazing videos there.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff