I'll be nice, I promise. 0.23186237845924 23.2% [ 310 ]
I'm back for now, we're all good right? 0.14210919970082 14.2% [ 190 ]
Wait... What are you doing with that knife? 0.48765893792072 48.8% [ 652 ]
Total Votes:[ 1337 ]

Hallowed Wench

Corrupted Coco
That Is All
Has anyone else heard of this before?

I don't know why, but the whole time, I kept connecting this to the contraversy that surrounds sex changes. Probably because the term "height dysphoria" was used. It is interesting though. These men are making themselves taller through the use of surgery. Which reminds me of the "you shouldn't change what god gave you" argument that's used against us transfolk at nearly every corner.

At first I was repulsed after reading it. It sounds like such a gruesome surgery. But then I realized I was being a hypocrite. To anyone that doesn't go through gender dysphoria, they probably find GRS to be just as gruesome. As such a tall person myself, at 6'3", I don't know why anyone would want to be this tall. But again, if height dysphoria is really as bad as gender dysphoria, I guess I can understand wanting to go through such greath lengths to make yourself taller.

Sorry, I don't buy the "height dysphoria" bullshit. I don't think it's anything more than angry short men being angry short men. This s**t has been around since Napoleon, and it has nothing to do with dysphoria. Honestly, I find the comparison of this to GID offensive.

If anything it should be in the same category as body dismorphic disorder, which unlike GID can be treated with meds and therapy rather than drastic surgery... also the cause is different.

Protip: A lot of people are going to have trouble being happy with the hand their dealt regardless of how good they have it. Good news for plastic surgeons, which I guess is good for plastic surgeons.
Umbral_Necropolitan
Corrupted Coco
That Is All

I don't know why, but the whole time, I kept connecting this to the contraversy that surrounds sex changes. Probably because the term "height dysphoria" was used. It is interesting though. These men are making themselves taller through the use of surgery. Which reminds me of the "you shouldn't change what god gave you" argument that's used against us transfolk at nearly every corner.

At first I was repulsed after reading it. It sounds like such a gruesome surgery. But then I realized I was being a hypocrite. To anyone that doesn't go through gender dysphoria, they probably find GRS to be just as gruesome. As such a tall person myself, at 6'3", I don't know why anyone would want to be this tall. But again, if height dysphoria is really as bad as gender dysphoria, I guess I can understand wanting to go through such greath lengths to make yourself taller.

Sorry, I don't buy the "height dysphoria" bullshit. I don't think it's anything more than angry short men being angry short men. This s**t has been around since Napoleon, and it has nothing to do with dysphoria. Honestly, I find the comparison of this to GID offensive.

If anything it should be in the same category as body dismorphic disorder, which unlike GID can be treated with meds and therapy rather than drastic surgery... also the cause is different.

Protip: A lot of people are going to have trouble being happy with the hand their dealt regardless of how good they have it. Good news for plastic surgeons, which I guess is good for plastic surgeons.

Exactly. Which means it has nothing to do with dysphoria. Body dismorphic disorder is also completely different from this supposed "height dysphoria".

Lonely Shapeshifter

9,000 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Survivor 150
Corrupted Coco
That Is All

Hmm, I meant no offense, but take it as you will.

I merely found the article interesting and slightly disturbing.
That Is All
Corrupted Coco
That Is All

Hmm, I meant no offense, but take it as you will.

I merely found the article interesting and slightly disturbing.

I am referring only to the article, you did not say anything wrong.
That leg-lengthening surgery/procedure just sounds excruciatingly awful. gonk

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Symmetrical Docking
JariKyoko
Symmetrical Docking
Hmmm.. so I like to remain stealth online (most of the time.) I mean, its the only place I really can.
My new group of friends on IMVU were all exchanging photos.. and I was hesitant..
[My face.]
Do I even pass at all?
I get the feeling I just look like a 15 year old boy.

gonk

A little advice on passing off better is that the justin beiber cut makes you look younger or generally any hair cut that is too long can make you look way to young which is sometimes the flag of a trans. I had the same problem for quite a while along with clothing because I hadn't come to terms with it yet. (I didn't really know either up until recently that I was trans) Trust me, having shorter hair helps and make sure you don't constantly mess with your eyebrows either because if they are too small then you look girly. I myself just cut my eyelashes down for the first time in my whole 20 years of life because they were to feminine and also irritating.
Note: some of these things probably don't apply to you but I can't tell because it's a dark picture. But honestly you look like you pass really well but definitely look young like I do because of the baby cheeks. (sad thing about being a woman is that everything is to curvy and round)

I'd cut my hair shorter.. but its so damn curly.. its hard to straighten even at this length.. and I really don't want to leave it curly. I'd just buzz it all off.. but my face is so round.

My hair is way curlier than yours which is why I buzz mine everytime it gets too long. (I buzzed it today as a matter of fact) My fact is pretty round too but have a longer face. I think you look good with the hair you've got, buzzing it would look weird with your face but cutting it just a bit shorter would be okay. You really do pass well, you probably pass better than me. (I don't wear a binder and still have some girls clothes that I haven't replaced)
JariKyoko
Symmetrical Docking
JariKyoko
Symmetrical Docking
Hmmm.. so I like to remain stealth online (most of the time.) I mean, its the only place I really can.
My new group of friends on IMVU were all exchanging photos.. and I was hesitant..
[My face.]
Do I even pass at all?

gonk

A little advice on passing off better is that the justin beiber cut makes you look younger or generally any hair cut that is too long can make you look way to young which is sometimes the flag of a trans. I had the same problem for quite a while along with clothing because I hadn't come to terms with it yet. (I didn't really know either up until recently that I was trans) Trust me, having shorter hair helps and make sure you don't constantly mess with your eyebrows either because if they are too small then you look girly. I myself just cut my eyelashes down for the first time in my whole 20 years of life because they were to feminine and also irritating.
Note: some of these things probably don't apply to you but I can't tell because it's a dark picture. But honestly you look like you pass really well but definitely look young like I do because of the baby cheeks. (sad thing about being a woman is that everything is to curvy and round)

I'd cut my hair shorter.. but its so damn curly.. its hard to straighten even at this length.. and I really don't want to leave it curly. I'd just buzz it all off.. but my face is so round.

My hair is way curlier than yours which is why I buzz mine everytime it gets too long. (I buzzed it today as a matter of fact) My fact is pretty round too but have a longer face. I think you look good with the hair you've got, buzzing it would look weird with your face but cutting it just a bit shorter would be okay. You really do pass well, you probably pass better than me. (I don't wear a binder and still have some girls clothes that I haven't replaced)
I was seriously contemplating a long buzzcut earlier.. Mentioned it to my ex (its complicated.) he told me.. If I do it I have to sleep on the couch.. When he says s**t like that.. It seriously makes me question a lot..

Ruthless Autobiographer

9,225 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
That lengthening surgery sounds awful.
I don't care if it isn't as awful as sex-change surgery. I'm used to hearing about that, and therefore do not think of it as so awful.
I feel as if I have to accept it because I'm transgender. Boo.

As for hair, I can sympathize with wanting it different. I've wanted to shave mine before. I kind of wish I had.

Not now, though. I'm happy with how long it's getting. No one will mistake me for a woman once I have a beard, anyway.
That Is All

Well, even if we're strangers, you can always talk to me now mhm. I wish I could help more emotion_donotwant
              Hey guys!

Thought I'd update a bit with ya.
              I'll be 20 weeks on testosterone this Tuesday and my court date to legally change my name is April 16th. (Sooo ******** excited and proud of myself for getting this far completely alone)

And here are my voice changes so far!
              Pre-T
              19 weeks or so

Uhhm.. Ok yeah. That is all.

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Symmetrical Docking
JariKyoko
Symmetrical Docking
JariKyoko
Symmetrical Docking
[My face.]
Do I even pass at all?

gonk

I was seriously contemplating a long buzzcut earlier.. Mentioned it to my ex (its complicated.) he told me.. If I do it I have to sleep on the couch.. When he says s**t like that.. It seriously makes me question a lot..

Wtf? He would seriously send you to the couch? Sounds like he's more straight than gay. If he doesn't like it if you look more like a guy then it sounds like he's dating you just because you're a girl.... Or so it seems anyway but it may be because of your round face and it would just look really weird.

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I suppose I should tell a few details about myself since I've been posting... Although I'm still not out of the closet yet. (only online and to one friend I talked to last night about it.)

I am FtM and have never used a binder sadly considering I'm 20 and my nipples are huge. neutral If I ever to get top surgery my nipples are going to take up half my chest I bet...

I just came to terms with being not only a transman but also being gay and I don't mean in the lesbian way.. My parents all throughout my childhood told me it was wrong to be either and it's just a phase... Well at 20 years old I'm sure I can now say it's not a phase!

If or when I change my name it would be from "Katrina" to "Chris" and I'm so new to this that I don't understand how people pay for it so young. Esspecially if you could get kicked out of the house once you tell your parents.

But in reality I think the biggest worry now is coming out so that my family and friends know that I might be going through some... Changes soon. (like getting a binder and going on T when or if I could afford it)

Fashionable Vampire

-hugs Jari-
If you ever want to talk to anyone, my inbox awaits you.
I don't mind sharing my experience so far.
JariKyoko
I suppose I should tell a few details about myself since I've been posting... Although I'm still not out of the closet yet. (only online and to one friend I talked to last night about it.)

I am FtM and have never used a binder sadly considering I'm 20 and my nipples are huge. neutral If I ever to get top surgery my nipples are going to take up half my chest I bet...

I just came to terms with being not only a transman but also being gay and I don't mean in the lesbian way.. My parents all throughout my childhood told me it was wrong to be either and it's just a phase... Well at 20 years old I'm sure I can now say it's not a phase!

If or when I change my name it would be from "Katrina" to "Chris" and I'm so new to this that I don't understand how people pay for it so young. Esspecially if you could get kicked out of the house once you tell your parents.

But in reality I think the biggest worry now is coming out so that my family and friends know that I might be going through some... Changes soon. (like getting a binder and going on T when or if I could afford it)

I'm here if you ever need someone to talk to!

I was kicked out of my house at 18, I'm now 19 and 5 months on T, my name change court date is April 16th, so I'm pretty well experienced as far as what your concerns may be/if you ever just need someone to talk to!

Profitable Browser

9,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Voter 100
JariKyoko

I know what it's like to be in the closet. I'm only out on here and to two of my friends. I'm MtF and a few months ago I admitted to my self that I'm a transwoman as well as a lesbian. I've had feelings of wanting to be a girl since I was 10 (I'm 19 now) and I hope to legally change my name to Trisha someday.

Coming out is definitely a big worry. I understand how you feel. I'm absolutely terrified to tell my parents. I hope to someday but I'm not sure when or how I'll come out to them. I hope to transition someday though. We'll just have to wait and see how things go.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff