Remy is back again....

Please don't kill me. D: 0.13836948391922 13.8% [ 185 ]
I'll be nice, I promise. 0.23186237845924 23.2% [ 310 ]
I'm back for now, we're all good right? 0.14210919970082 14.2% [ 190 ]
Wait... What are you doing with that knife? 0.48765893792072 48.8% [ 652 ]
Total Votes:[ 1337 ]

Flickering Hope
Sea Soaked Shoes
Greetings Ladies and Gents and all those between and outside, my name is Andy and I've never posted to this forum before, even though I've stalked it for months.
Since I don't want to blabber on about meaningless stuff no one really cares about, I guess I'll just say that I'm an adolescent FtM, out to all close friends, and out to the internet. However, I still have to tackle my family. I've decided to, unfortunately, wait a few years before coming out fully, but by then I will be independent enough to function if they completely disown me (which is a possibility. ha.) And um. Yeah. I hope now that I've come out to gaia I can start helping all y'all and vice versa or whatever. Much love if you read this, okay? Have a great day, everyone.
emotion_brofist

Hello Andy, welcome to the thread. My name's Trisha and I'm MtF. It's great that you're out to all of your close friends. So far I'm only out to my two best friends.

Hey, Trisha, thanks. Eh, one day I'm sure we'll both be out and proud etc. Good luck. smile

Profitable Browser

9,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Voter 100
Sea Soaked Shoes
Flickering Hope
Sea Soaked Shoes
Greetings Ladies and Gents and all those between and outside, my name is Andy and I've never posted to this forum before, even though I've stalked it for months.
Since I don't want to blabber on about meaningless stuff no one really cares about, I guess I'll just say that I'm an adolescent FtM, out to all close friends, and out to the internet. However, I still have to tackle my family. I've decided to, unfortunately, wait a few years before coming out fully, but by then I will be independent enough to function if they completely disown me (which is a possibility. ha.) And um. Yeah. I hope now that I've come out to gaia I can start helping all y'all and vice versa or whatever. Much love if you read this, okay? Have a great day, everyone.
emotion_brofist

Hello Andy, welcome to the thread. My name's Trisha and I'm MtF. It's great that you're out to all of your close friends. So far I'm only out to my two best friends.

Hey, Trisha, thanks. Eh, one day I'm sure we'll both be out and proud etc. Good luck. smile

I hope you're right about that. I know that my sister isn't okay with transsexuals but I'm not sure about the rest of my family, although it could be similar. Good luck to you as well.

Lonely Shapeshifter

9,000 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Survivor 150
Feeling verrrrrry dysphoric right now. Couldn't even sleep last night, it just got so bad... And the worst part is, I can't even cry out loud with my room mate here.

Profitable Browser

9,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Voter 100
That Is All
Feeling verrrrrry dysphoric right now. Couldn't even sleep last night, it just got so bad... And the worst part is, I can't even cry out loud with my room mate here.

*hugs*
I know that we all have those moments. I hope you feel better soon. I felt like crying yesterday because I learned that my sister could never accept me as a girl. She has the idea that someone was born as a certain sex for a reason. I can't cry out loud either though because I'm home this week so my family would hear me. If you need to talk to someone, I'm here.
*hugs*

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Symmetrical Docking
Hmmm.. so I like to remain stealth online (most of the time.) I mean, its the only place I really can.
My new group of friends on IMVU were all exchanging photos.. and I was hesitant..
[My face.]
Do I even pass at all?
I get the feeling I just look like a 15 year old boy.

gonk

A little advice on passing off better is that the justin beiber cut makes you look younger or generally any hair cut that is too long can make you look way to young which is sometimes the flag of a trans. I had the same problem for quite a while along with clothing because I hadn't come to terms with it yet. (I didn't really know either up until recently that I was trans) Trust me, having shorter hair helps and make sure you don't constantly mess with your eyebrows either because if they are too small then you look girly. I myself just cut my eyelashes down for the first time in my whole 20 years of life because they were to feminine and also irritating.
Note: some of these things probably don't apply to you but I can't tell because it's a dark picture. But honestly you look like you pass really well but definitely look young like I do because of the baby cheeks. (sad thing about being a woman is that everything is to curvy and round)
JariKyoko
Symmetrical Docking
Hmmm.. so I like to remain stealth online (most of the time.) I mean, its the only place I really can.
My new group of friends on IMVU were all exchanging photos.. and I was hesitant..
[My face.]
Do I even pass at all?
I get the feeling I just look like a 15 year old boy.

gonk

A little advice on passing off better is that the justin beiber cut makes you look younger or generally any hair cut that is too long can make you look way to young which is sometimes the flag of a trans. I had the same problem for quite a while along with clothing because I hadn't come to terms with it yet. (I didn't really know either up until recently that I was trans) Trust me, having shorter hair helps and make sure you don't constantly mess with your eyebrows either because if they are too small then you look girly. I myself just cut my eyelashes down for the first time in my whole 20 years of life because they were to feminine and also irritating.
Note: some of these things probably don't apply to you but I can't tell because it's a dark picture. But honestly you look like you pass really well but definitely look young like I do because of the baby cheeks. (sad thing about being a woman is that everything is to curvy and round)

I'd cut my hair shorter.. but its so damn curly.. its hard to straighten even at this length.. and I really don't want to leave it curly. I'd just buzz it all off.. but my face is so round.
Got my letter. Now to collect money to see a physician and pay for hormones.

Lonely Shapeshifter

9,000 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Survivor 150
Has anyone else heard of this before?

I don't know why, but the whole time, I kept connecting this to the contraversy that surrounds sex changes. Probably because the term "height dysphoria" was used. It is interesting though. These men are making themselves taller through the use of surgery. Which reminds me of the "you shouldn't change what god gave you" argument that's used against us transfolk at nearly every corner.

At first I was repulsed after reading it. It sounds like such a gruesome surgery. But then I realized I was being a hypocrite. To anyone that doesn't go through gender dysphoria, they probably find GRS to be just as gruesome. As such a tall person myself, at 6'3", I don't know why anyone would want to be this tall. But again, if height dysphoria is really as bad as gender dysphoria, I guess I can understand wanting to go through such greath lengths to make yourself taller.

Profitable Browser

9,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Voter 100
That Is All

I don't know why, but the whole time, I kept connecting this to the contraversy that surrounds sex changes. Probably because the term "height dysphoria" was used. It is interesting though. These men are making themselves taller through the use of surgery. Which reminds me of the "you shouldn't change what god gave you" argument that's used against us transfolk at nearly every corner.

At first I was repulsed after reading it. It sounds like such a gruesome surgery. But then I realized I was being a hypocrite. To anyone that doesn't go through gender dysphoria, they probably find GRS to be just as gruesome. As such a tall person myself, at 6'3", I don't know why anyone would want to be this tall. But again, if height dysphoria is really as bad as gender dysphoria, I guess I can understand wanting to go through such greath lengths to make yourself taller.

I've heard a bit about this surgery before. In fact there was a time when my sister thought about it, although I haven't heard her talk about it for awhile. She has said that she wants to get a nose job though because she doesn't like her nose. Meanwhile, this is the exact same sister that said that I'm a boy for a reason and that I shouldn't change what God gave me. Thinking about it now, that's a little contradictory.

Hallowed Wench

Flickering Hope
That Is All

I've heard a bit about this surgery before. In fact there was a time when my sister thought about it, although I haven't heard her talk about it for awhile. She has said that she wants to get a nose job though because she doesn't like her nose. Meanwhile, this is the exact same sister that said that I'm a boy for a reason and that I shouldn't change what God gave me. Thinking about it now, that's a little contradictory.

You'll run into allot of that from people. Good thing you get to choose what you do to your body and not them.
That Is All

I know almost a day has passed, but I'm very sorry, dear. Just remember to keep your head up, because when you're at your lowest low there's only up to go, right?
You could try to rip up paper as a stress reliever, or do the opposite and make little origami creations as a distraction instead. Punch a pillow, even.
I hope you cheer up, hun.
heart

Lonely Shapeshifter

9,000 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Survivor 150
Flickering Hope
*hugs*
I know that we all have those moments. I hope you feel better soon. I felt like crying yesterday because I learned that my sister could never accept me as a girl. She has the idea that someone was born as a certain sex for a reason. I can't cry out loud either though because I'm home this week so my family would hear me. If you need to talk to someone, I'm here.
*hugs*

Sea Soaked Shoes
I know almost a day has passed, but I'm very sorry, dear. Just remember to keep your head up, because when you're at your lowest low there's only up to go, right?
You could try to rip up paper as a stress reliever, or do the opposite and make little origami creations as a distraction instead. Punch a pillow, even.
heart

Thank you, both of you. I just don't know what to do with my life. I thought I was doing something beneficial for myself by e-mailing the LGBTQA at my school for advice, but after the initial response, I've gotten nothing else back from them. So I'm a little upset at a moment, and feeling like I'm back where I started with no idea what to do next.

Profitable Browser

9,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Voter 100
That Is All
Flickering Hope
*hugs*
*hugs*

Sea Soaked Shoes
heart

Thank you, both of you. I just don't know what to do with my life. I thought I was doing something beneficial for myself by e-mailing the LGBTQA at my school for advice, but after the initial response, I've gotten nothing else back from them. So I'm a little upset at a moment, and feeling like I'm back where I started with no idea what to do next.

I'm sure it probably was beneficial to send them an email, it's too bad that they haven't sent you anything since the initial response though. Is it possible to meet someone from your school's LGBTQA club in person? If that's a possibility then that may be something you might want to consider. Meeting someone you can talk to in person would probably be beneficial.
Umbral_Necropolitan
Corrupted Coco
ginaookami
Navi Le Faye
Umbral_Necropolitan
On another note, I've been having some definite issues with my sexuality as I've recently discovered that I enjoy physical intimacy from men far more than women, which was a big shock for me since I wasn't attracted to men before HRT or at least I wouldn't admit it to myself. While I still enjoy intimacy from women and find them attractive, I'm not sure what this means for myself in the long term as it could skunk something good I have going on.

Has anyone else had a similar issue?

I've asked my friends but none of them have experience in this area of discussion as they are cis and hetero.

CoCo as well as myself have both noticed a significant increase in our attraction towards women after starting HRT. Where as she was more attracted to men and I was very flat line bisexual prior to treatment.
CoCo just ended a serious relationship which lasted over the course of three years due to her changing sexuality, her treatment began merely 9 months ago and certainly propelled the change in her sexuality. I'm sure she would love to discuss this with you, once she and I finish cleaning up our place.
I've noticed a bit of this too. I used to be flat bisexual, and am mated. I now find I'm bisexual with strong lesbian leanings, and no way of knowing how to let my boyfriend know. I love him dearly, I'm just not sexually attracted to him...

This is pretty much exactly what happened to me. I decided to end the relationship; it was not fair to him or me to try and keep it going with such stressful conditions. You need to talk to him about it; this is not optional. It isn't fair to him to drag him along with such a secret, and it isn't fair to you to force yourself into hiding your real feelings. If you do not talk to him about it, the situation will inevitably grow more and more stressful to you both until it explodes and you suffer a nasty, hateful breakup. Having been in the exact same situation before, I can give you more advice if you would like.

For clarity's sake, I'm MtF currently with a woman...

I've been on hormones for two years now, prior to hormones I was only attracted to women.

After about a year men became attractive to me. So I went from identifying as lesbian to bisexual with primary preference being women still.

Now after finally having physical contact with a man, I have discovered I enjoy the physical intimacy with a man more than a woman.

I don't hide my change in sexual preferences with my current partner, she is well aware of them and we have frequent discussions about it. As I still enjoy intimacy with her and her companionship I don't know if it is worth ruining something good just for better sex... which honestly I've learned a long time ago sex is important but it isn't the most important part of a relationship.

That depends entirely on the people involved. For me, sex is an integral part of any relationship I have, and thus it was a deal breaker. Situations like this are always hard though, it will take time to see what's fair to the both of you.
That Is All

Sorry, I don't buy the "height dysphoria" bullshit. I don't think it's anything more than angry short men being angry short men. This s**t has been around since Napoleon, and it has nothing to do with dysphoria. Honestly, I find the comparison of this to GID offensive.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff