4,350 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Juxtaposed Images
De Kelley
Juxtaposed Images
De Kelley
              Now that I think about it... female gender roles are so damn shitty. I mean, at least the way women are treated as a "lesser species" almost. It's really sick, considering men expect women to give them pleasure.

Sorry, it's just I meet a lot of FtMs who are disgusted by women, and follow the misogynistic patter of society, and it just makes me so angry. They should know better. They know what it's like to be marginalized when someone sees you as a woman...

It really depends on what culture. In some asian cultures the man is supposed to be about pleasuring the woman and serving his family. Some forms of Daoism preach holding off on the mans orgasm until the woman is pleased.
              Right but I'm mostly talking about people whom I encounter; westernized, Americanized cultures. Not many traditional Asian people are on sites like Gaia.

Of course, change comes slow however. Strom Thurmond is still a recent memory in the minds of most.
              People are going to try to push society to accept transsexualism but we haven't even gotten fully over racism and sexism. We MUST get over sexism before we can understand and accept transsexualism.
De Kelley
Juxtaposed Images
De Kelley
Juxtaposed Images
De Kelley
              Now that I think about it... female gender roles are so damn shitty. I mean, at least the way women are treated as a "lesser species" almost. It's really sick, considering men expect women to give them pleasure.

Sorry, it's just I meet a lot of FtMs who are disgusted by women, and follow the misogynistic patter of society, and it just makes me so angry. They should know better. They know what it's like to be marginalized when someone sees you as a woman...

It really depends on what culture. In some asian cultures the man is supposed to be about pleasuring the woman and serving his family. Some forms of Daoism preach holding off on the mans orgasm until the woman is pleased.
              Right but I'm mostly talking about people whom I encounter; westernized, Americanized cultures. Not many traditional Asian people are on sites like Gaia.

Of course, change comes slow however. Strom Thurmond is still a recent memory in the minds of most.
              People are going to try to push society to accept transsexualism but we haven't even gotten full over racism and sexism. We MUST get over sexism before we can understand and accept transsexualism.

But of course, this all revolves around educating the citizens and shaming racism/sexism in popular culture.
De Kelley
              Ah, yes. I didn't even think about transition until I was 18 so I didn't have any problems with being a minor. Oddly enough, therapists STILL tried to tell me I was too young to make that life decision, and I said, "You know what? I'm 18 years old and I'll make any goddamn decision I want. I know how twisted our medical system is and you guys essentially have to do what I say unless you can prove I am psychologically unfit to transition." Ohohoho, I'm Mr. No Bullshit.

I commend your backbone XD
I should definitely bring this up to somebody irl though. At least, I think so. I'm not a shy person so I hope it doesn't come as a shock to anybody but. Yeah. I need to be like 'kay so if you talk about me to anyone I don't know, don't say Im a girl, just call me Sam in case I end up meeting them, let them think what they will' or something like that XD

4,350 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Juxtaposed Images
De Kelley
Juxtaposed Images
De Kelley
Juxtaposed Images
De Kelley

People are going to try to push society to accept transsexualism but we haven't even gotten full over racism and sexism. We MUST get over sexism before we can understand and accept transsexualism.

But of course, this all revolves around educating the citizens and shaming racism/sexism in popular culture.
              Alright. I don't know what we're suggesting here, since I already know all of this.

I'd like to be an actor and script writer, maybe even a producer and director, and I have sworn as an entertainer to only participate in uplifting material. That doesn't mean I won't be in dark productions, but they aren't going to be hateful without some sort of lesson.

4,350 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Verse Chorus Kurdt
De Kelley
              Ah, yes. I didn't even think about transition until I was 18 so I didn't have any problems with being a minor. Oddly enough, therapists STILL tried to tell me I was too young to make that life decision, and I said, "You know what? I'm 18 years old and I'll make any goddamn decision I want. I know how twisted our medical system is and you guys essentially have to do what I say unless you can prove I am psychologically unfit to transition." Ohohoho, I'm Mr. No Bullshit.

I commend your backbone XD
I should definitely bring this up to somebody irl though. At least, I think so. I'm not a shy person so I hope it doesn't come as a shock to anybody but. Yeah. I need to be like 'kay so if you talk about me to anyone I don't know, don't say Im a girl, just call me Sam in case I end up meeting them, let them think what they will' or something like that XD
              Haha, thanks.
              It's easy for people who are questioning their gender to fall into, "I must be transsexual!" That might not be your case at all. You've said you have a problem with people perceiving you as a girl but you also said you don't hate your body or anything. Just don't let yourself fall into being FtM because it might fix your problems, because if you don't really identify as male it will end up really uncomfortable for you and you'll always feel on edge like you're going to "get caught." I don't have that feeling because I know I'm a guy, there's nothing "to catch." You get what I'm saying?
De Kelley
Juxtaposed Images
De Kelley
Juxtaposed Images
De Kelley

Alright. I don't know what we're suggesting here, since I already know all of this.

I'd like to be an actor and script writer, maybe even a producer and director, and I have sworn as an entertainer to only participate in uplifting material. That doesn't mean I won't be in dark productions, but they aren't going to be hateful without some sort of lesson.

Have you heard of Mandy Patinkin? He left a very popular show because he just hated the subject matter and how dark and depressing it was. He was sick of how violent the world was getting and how we just accepted it. He was into musicals for most of his life.

What would be your dream job in the entertainment industry?
De Kelley
              Haha, thanks.
              It's easy for people who are questioning their gender to fall into, "I must be transsexual!" That might not be your case at all. You've said you have a problem with people perceiving you as a girl but you also said you don't hate your body or anything. Just don't let yourself fall into being FtM because it might fix your problems, because if you don't really identify as male it will end up really uncomfortable for you and you'll always feel on edge like you're going to "get caught." I don't have that feeling because I know I'm a guy, there's nothing "to catch." You get what I'm saying?

Yupyup, I gotcha.

I know that I'm not FtM and I don't think I could ever really be a man ... I dunno. It's never occurred to me outside of 'what if' moments.

But a bunch of other, random reasons why can be summed up mostly by the fact that boys don't have babies. Yet, anyways. And I'm pretty damn sure, even at 15, that I want kids sometime -- and even if there were a way for me to be a happily identified male and pregnant, I doubt my partner would unterstand 'mpreg' very well. It's a hard enough stretch finding anybody who gets the idea of people being trans ... even my best friend has had me explain it to her several times].

4,350 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Juxtaposed Images
De Kelley
Juxtaposed Images
De Kelley
Juxtaposed Images
De Kelley

Have you heard of Mandy Patinkin? He left a very popular show because he just hated the subject matter and how dark and depressing it was. He was sick of how violent the world was getting and how we just accepted it. He was into musicals for most of his life.

What would be your dream job in the entertainment industry?
              Yeah, I would like to hope if I get my foot in the door that I can use my notability as a tool to educate people about how apathetic society is to violence, sexism, prejudice, and hate in general, particularly the acceptance of male violence in our society.

My dream job would be very similar to what Leonard Nimoy did in his mid career. He was an actor, writer, director, producer, AND public speaker. My GOD. That would be a dream come true, to do stuff like that. And get paid to do it? I mean come on! I LOVE that stuff! It would be great it doing it covered my living expenses!

4,350 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Verse Chorus Kurdt
De Kelley
              Haha, thanks.

Yupyup, I gotcha.

I know that I'm not FtM and I don't think I could ever really be a man ... I dunno. It's never occurred to me outside of 'what if' moments.

But a bunch of other, random reasons why can be summed up mostly by the fact that boys don't have babies. Yet, anyways. And I'm pretty damn sure, even at 15, that I want kids sometime -- and even if there were a way for me to be a happily identified male and pregnant, I doubt my partner would unterstand 'mpreg' very well. It's a hard enough stretch finding anybody who gets the idea of people being trans ... even my best friend has had me explain it to her several times].
              You are also young. I didn't have gender dysphoria (discomfort with the female aspects of my body) until I was 17. I was a late bloomer.

Well, Thomas Beatie has a very understanding wife. And he carried their child. If a person doesn't get you, you shouldn't be with them. I would rather be single than try to be "normal" and settle with an idiot.

Dangerous Raider

Well howdy thur thread. I'm Jon, FTM.
I have a ridiculously supportive group of friends at my university, and I'm just getting started on my journey. I should be starting hormones in mid-october.
(and seeing how it is 0430 ish, I'll be back when its light outside to post something beyond an intro)

In a relationship with Asatou

7,350 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Mark Twain 100
RoidTheNinja
Well howdy thur thread. I'm Jon, FTM.
I have a ridiculously supportive group of friends at my university, and I'm just getting started on my journey. I should be starting hormones in mid-october.
(and seeing how it is 0430 ish, I'll be back when its light outside to post something beyond an intro)
Haha, good to see you Jon. Glad to have you back.

Question, as a university student, do you feel your gender identity is generally respected in the classroom, looked over, or ignored?

4,350 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
              I like that idea, Jon.
              We should reintroduce ourselves.

I'm Dan, 20 years old, FtM. I've been taking testosterone off and on for 16 months or something like that, and I've been living as a guy full time since August 2008. I'm currently in a rocky stage, unemployed and out of school, trying to get my life back on track.
I'm Quinn. I'm 17 years old, an American citizen, and I'm just about to enter my senior year of high school. I'm an FtM and I am basically pre-everything. I have two binders and a hair cut. That's about it. I'm out to my entire family and my entire school and I've had very few problems so far. Mostly everyone accepts me, and it makes me sad that this is so rare a case. I want everyone to have what I have.

In a relationship with Asatou

7,350 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I'm Nick, I prefer not to disclose my age, and I am also a FtM.

I graduatedl in June which also marked my point of living full time for just about a year. I'm pre everything but I do own a binder and packer and have learned a fair deal this last year.

4,350 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
              Earlier someone was calling me a "female transgender." A troll who harasses me ~shall not be named~ does this to me on a regular basis. I find it incorrect and invalidating to call and FtM "female" in any context, even if it's true when he is pre-everything he is ~technically~ female. It just seems like a sneaky, underhanded way of degendering him, and a complete direspect towards the fact that he has gender dysphoria. It's intentionally triggering language, and it unacceptable. We do not call FtMs "female transsexuals." We call them transsexual males.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff