Welcome to Gaia! ::

Is there any tradition or something else that you would like to pass on to the next generation?

Magical Tree

like the 24 hr marathon of twilight zone for new years? heck yes. someday my kids will be forced to watch many hours of it.

also there's the annual holiday Monopoly and Yahtzee games.
thewaitingtree
like the 24 hr marathon of twilight zone for new years? heck yes. someday my kids will be forced to watch many hours of it.

There's only like, 3 movies though. Do you just watch it over and over?

Magical Tree

Average Mystery
thewaitingtree

the twilight zone black and white TV series from the 50's and 60's... there's over 100 episodes! (they play them every year on scifi channel)
thewaitingtree
Average Mystery
thewaitingtree

the twilight zone black and white TV series from the 50's and 60's... there's over 100 episodes! (they play them every year on scifi channel)
Oh, my bad, its late/early. Watch on.

Big Member

9,800 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Always pee after sex.

Magical Tree

Average Mystery
Oh, my bad, its late/early. Watch on.

no problem!

another - the art of pie baking.
Sinterklaas on December 5th.
If you don't know what I am talking about see wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinterklaas

Ethereal Trickster

21,240 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
thewaitingtree
Average Mystery
thewaitingtree

I love that Tradition, as for me not sure I want to pass on any family traditions I am not included in family stuff much anymore.

Wheezing Fatcat

5,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
thewaitingtree

I like your style. biggrin

Adorable Fisher

I'd like to make construction paper or styro-foam ball ornaments every year as a family near Christmas Eve. It would be darling. Red, green, silver, and gold glitter everywhere. I can help my future kids write their names in glue for the glitter and sequins when they're toddlers and then they can make me cry on Christmas Eve when as teenagers they don't want to make the ornaments or make shitty ones so they can go out with their friends. And my partner can yell at them like, "NO you can't go out with Jayden and Chole!! You HAVE TO make an ornament because your FATHER looks forward to this every year!" That's good living. But the tradition would mean our Christmas tree is intensely personal and uniquely our's, with our hand-made ornaments adorning it with memories from over the years.

Liberal Receiver

For the most, we don't have that many traditions leading up to the holidays.
When I was a child though, we each had to decorate a Christmas ornament - either from school or one that my dad set the supplies up for - and that's something that I have been keeping with over the years - Except that in the beginning I'd make some for my little one, and he'd pick out the colour and pattern.(Hist first year was origami ornaments, second, crochet, this year, felt.)

Now that I think he can be trusted, albeit, supervised, to make his own ornaments.

The only other thing was that you could open one present, and one present only Christmas eve, after you ate your pancakes or waffles, and right before you went to bed.

I'm usually too lazy to make actual waffles. So usually pancakes, sausages, and eggs are Christmas eve's dinner.
And I changed the opening one present to opening the smallest present(Usually a stuffed animal).
Still has to go to bed right after though. And he can choose if he doesn't want to open a present on Christmas eve. Which he told me he wants to be a big boy this year and wait until Christmas morning. Don't know if he's going to keep that or not, but doesn't bother me much. I think he's saying that because he knows he only has three presents from Daddy and Poppy. This year is very...pathetic.
Every year I've tried to make him an outfit(Usually casual clothing or PJ's), a stuffed animal, and he gets one bought present. That's usually the ratio I aim for - so I guess that's a tradition as well.(He still has all of the stuffed animals I made him.)

Questionable Poster

Star Wars. Episodes 4-6. None of that early Annakin being a weakling crap. Those will be the first movies they ever watch.

Festive Cutesmasher

9,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
Eggshell art. Like blowing out the insides of an egg and then painting/decorating the shell.

Cooking together on special occasions.

Pancake Sundays.

A couple of family secret recipes.

Yep, fun stuff.

Anxious Prophet

How love works.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers