No, but I know someone who does. 0.32608695652174 32.6% [ 15 ]
No, and I don't know anyone who does. 0.5 50.0% [ 23 ]
Total Votes:[ 46 ]
< 1 2 3 >

GhostlyMark
Trialist
GhostlyMark
Trialist
Guy I knew had tourettes, interesting fellow. We spent a lot of time hanging out in school, smoking cigarettes, and playing games.

He says the N word as his tic, it's very interesting explaining to black people when his tic goes off and seeing a lot of people come over ready to bash our heads in.

n***a or n****r?

N****r.

He at least has fun with it though, and takes a lot of it in stride. We had a singing contest about a year ago, we all had smoked, and we did karaoke.

I'll never forget his cover of 'California love'

Can he like try to change the word?

I've never heard him use a different word in his tic. Generally he can keep it quiet enough where only the person he is talking with can hear, although at times (By no fault of his own) he'll be louder.

The first time I met him, I didn't know he had tourettes and a lot of his friends were black, so when he said it, and he didn't socked, I was a bit surprised, but when everyone explained things, it made a lot more sense.

Fashionable Lunatic

ℜinny says: My cousin has tourettes. He makes snorting and hacking noises a lot.
My girlfriend has these jolts. It scared me the first couple of times we were out and it happened, but then the first time we shared a bed together I noticed that it happened in her sleep too. She has ADHD and I'm pretty sure she has tourretes. I've asked her about it and she says it's always happened but it doesn't hurt so she doesn't feel like she needs to go to the doctor.

One day while I was talking to her she did it. It was the hardest I'd seen to date, should have knocked her off balance but she just kept on like nothing happened. I asked her how it felt, before she jerks like that and she said it feels like someone pulls a nerve like on a marionette and that she has to move.

Is that normal?

Shadowy Rogue

3,700 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
TheFantasticMrWolf
My girlfriend has these jolts. It scared me the first couple of times we were out and it happened, but then the first time we shared a bed together I noticed that it happened in her sleep too. She has ADHD and I'm pretty sure she has tourretes. I've asked her about it and she says it's always happened but it doesn't hurt so she doesn't feel like she needs to go to the doctor.

One day while I was talking to her she did it. It was the hardest I'd seen to date, should have knocked her off balance but she just kept on like nothing happened. I asked her how it felt, before she jerks like that and she said it feels like someone pulls a nerve like on a marionette and that she has to move.

Is that normal?

Might very well be Tourette's. ADHD is often comorbid with it.

Fashionable Fatcat

Torrettes on youthbe has to be the funniest s**t Ive ever seen.

Theres this asian girl in some of my classes who has torettes,
She doesnt say anything but she does this thing where it soundd like shes hiccuping or holding in a cough,
mph mph
hard to describe, distracts easily.

Witty Genius

9,600 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Contributor 150
There's this chick at my school who claims she has it.

Vicious Reveler

I have known a few people with Tourette's, but I recently met someone for whom it had a very drastic negative affect on her life. She has the coprolalia tic, which is the one where she says socially inappropriate things without wanting to. She's the first I've met with that, apparently it's only in around 1 in 10 cases. She has echolalia tic, where she repeats things other people say. Also the ones where she repeats her own words over and over.

I think she only has one movement tick, it involves her feet.

She's really shy and embarrassed because of her tics. A lot of people have trouble talking to her. It can be quite hard to do, and also a little scary depending what she's saying/repeating. It took me a little while to get used to how she was, but I enjoy having discussions with her now. She's quite talented and has some common interests with me.

It's so difficult for her though... she probably will never be able to have a job where she has to have a lot of customer contact. It's very disrupting, a large portion of her speech is just her tics.

I still occasionally get startled if she has a sudden outburst when it was quiet beforehand... I may have spilled a few coffees. But that's okay.

I don't have Tourettes, but I have a mild phonic tic. It's a "brrrrr" noise from blowing air out through my lips. Also have a head twitch. Luckily neither show up that much. I don't really notice the sound, but sometimes if someone else does it's mildly embarrassing. The head twitch is more annoying because it goes for a minute or 2 without stopping and I get frustrated. Not that bad, all considered though. Especially after seeing what it's like for other people.

Dapper Darling

10,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Have you ever seen the documentary about children to were sent to a "Tourette's Camp?" It's really fascinating, but sad, yet also uplifting.

I have a friend who has ADHD, and I have wondered if they might have formed Tourette's alongside of it, but since it's so subtle, nobody close to them has noticed it but myself. They often go to slap people without meaning to hurt them, but just doing it out of disapproval of something, but this is more of a bipolar attribute since they do it on purpose. They have recently formed a tick-like habit of biting down quickly, as if they're slowly chattering their teeth. I've brought it to their attention several times, and they never even know they are doing this. I mean, I have my habits. I play with my hair and bite my fingers when I'm nervous, but I know I'm doing this as it's happening. It's strange to see someone form a habit they are completely unaware of, considering how obnoxious it is.

Shadowy Rogue

3,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
Smexi Chex Mix
Have you ever seen the documentary about children to were sent to a "Tourette's Camp?" It's really fascinating, but sad, yet also uplifting.

I have a friend who has ADHD, and I have wondered if they might have formed Tourette's alongside of it, but since it's so subtle, nobody close to them has noticed it but myself. They often go to slap people without meaning to hurt them, but just doing it out of disapproval of something, but this is more of a bipolar attribute since they do it on purpose. They have recently formed a tick-like habit of biting down quickly, as if they're slowly chattering their teeth. I've brought it to their attention several times, and they never even know they are doing this. I mean, I have my habits. I play with my hair and bite my fingers when I'm nervous, but I know I'm doing this as it's happening. It's strange to see someone form a habit they are completely unaware of, considering how obnoxious it is.

I haven't heard a person being unaware of their own tics. It is easy for one to perform them on auto-pilot though, like how one doesn't have to think about walking or writing.

It's also possible that he's trying to hide it, even perhaps from himself.

Dapper Gawker

I have a friend who has Tourette's. He either goes "psh" and/or jerks a limb. It doesn't bother him. He basically embraces it and made it part of his personality.

Dapper Darling

10,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Tuah
Smexi Chex Mix

I haven't heard a person being unaware of their own tics. It is easy for one to perform them on auto-pilot though, like how one doesn't have to think about walking or writing.

It's also possible that he's trying to hide it, even perhaps from himself.

I know they're not trying to hide it... They're not very good at hiding things haha

It's completely involuntary, and they've told me other people have noticed it too, but the next time I mention it, they forget that's a habit of theirs. Really strange

Shadowy Rogue

3,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
Sermanther
I have a friend who has Tourette's. He either goes "psh" and/or jerks a limb. It doesn't bother him. He basically embraces it and made it part of his personality.

Heh, I didn't expect to get this many posts of people knowing someone with it.

That's good though, it's hard for those who can't accept it, and of course not accepting it just makes it worse.

Moonlight Lover

17,075 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
I have ADHD and also twitch a ton. My shoulders jerk and my head. I'm not sure if it's tourettes or not though. I thought it had to do with my medicine I was taking for my ADHD but I've been off it for months. I don't mind it, I'm just always worried I'm going to hit someone in the face when I jerck one of my arms. sweatdrop

Shadowy Rogue

3,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
Gigi1458
I have ADHD and also twitch a ton. My shoulders jerk and my head. I'm not sure if it's tourettes or not though. I thought it had to do with my medicine I was taking for my ADHD but I've been off it for months. I don't mind it, I'm just always worried I'm going to hit someone in the face when I jerck one of my arms. sweatdrop

How does it feel when you do it? Is it fully automatic, or like a compulsion? Can you resist it, and if so how does that feel?

Moonlight Lover

17,075 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
Tuah
Gigi1458

How does it feel when you do it? Is it fully automatic, or like a compulsion? Can you resist it, and if so how does that feel?

I get agitated if I don't twitch. It's automatic for the most part I think. I can tell when I'm doing it though but I think I'm just used to doing it so much. I can resist it but I usually just twich more when I do eventually do it. It annoys me that I twitch worse driving though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff