Welcome to Gaia! ::

Capitalist

why is this exclusive to women?

Fashionable Shopper

Spirit Reborn
That's actually quite awesome since my PJ shirt is all red with white lettering! c:
But I'd like to go think that this can be for both women AND men as even children/teens in rare cases.

Oh, oh, how can you be good enough?
User Image

The people who created this chose to raise awareness about heart disease in women because in 2003 500,000 women died of heart disease. The American Heart Association does do something for children and teens in Pittsburgh though (I am not sure if it exists in other areas) by sponsoring Heart Camp. It is a camp for children with heart problems. heart

User Image
How can you measure up?

Fashionable Shopper

the Nymph intent adores

User Image

Because one year the AHA found out about the deaths of 500,000 women. They wanted awareness so that more women pay attention to their health so they can not develop heart disease.

User Image
How can you measure up?

Fashionable Shopper

HBIC of the LD
LilPinkCandy

If people were "aware" we could have genetically weeded out heart disease by now.
But keep that red shirt on if it makes you feel better about doing nothing.

User Image

Actually since I am home I am wearing a red pair of sweatpants and a red robe, lol. Anyway I do not mean awareness in just finding a cure and weeding it out. I am talking about awareness in the sense of more women paying attention to their health so that they do not develop the disease. You may think that what this is doesn't matter but it matters greatly to those of us already affected by it as I have been since I was born.

User Image
How can you measure up?

LilPinkCandy
the Nymph intent adores

User Image

Because one year the AHA found out about the deaths of 500,000 women. They wanted awareness so that more women pay attention to their health so they can not develop heart disease.

User Image
How can you measure up?

But according to the CDC, more than half (the majority) of deaths due to heart disease in the US are male. Why is gender an issue unlike here in the UK?

Fashionable Shopper

User Image

The data on AHA's site is from 2003. Perhaps the numbers went down in the amount of women with it.

User Image
How can you measure up?

Why is it just women's heart disease?
How is wearing a certain color being proactive?

Divorced Datemate

4,625 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Partygoer 500
My pants are pink. Is that close enough?

OH WAIT. I GOT RED PANTIES ON.
Pink Plaid

That's fine if you're flashing your knickers all the time or if you're a superhero.

Divorced Datemate

4,625 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Partygoer 500
MegaTurkey
Pink Plaid

That's fine if you're flashing your knickers all the time or if you're a superhero.
I take my pants off every chance I get. ******** I don't even know why I'm wearing pants right now. I put them on to do errands but forgot to take them off.

Interesting Poster

7,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Tycoon 200
sign of nascent knowledge
s**t, I'm such a good person I put on a red shirt this morning without even knowing a 'wear red' day even existed.

me too lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces