Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Shopper

Oh, oh, how can you be good enough?
User Image

Today is national wear red for women's heart disease.
Are you wearing red today?
Did you know that today is national wear red for women's heart disease day?
Do you know anyone with heart disease?

User Image
How can you measure up?

s**t, I'm such a good person I put on a red shirt this morning without even knowing a 'wear red' day even existed.

Fashionable Shopper

sign of nascent knowledge
s**t, I'm such a good person I put on a red shirt this morning without even knowing a 'wear red' day even existed.

User Image

Congratulations you get a good guy point! yum_cupcake

User Image
How can you measure up?

Hellraiser

I don't own any red pieces of clothing
sad

Sparkly Fairy

12,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Today is national wear red for women's heart disease.
Are you wearing red today?
Yes.
Did you know that today is national wear red for women's heart disease day?
Nope.
Do you know anyone with heart disease?
Nope.

Fashionable Shopper

ectogasm

I don't own any red pieces of clothing
sad

User Image

I guess wear red accessories?

User Image
How can you measure up?

Aged Codger

how does wearing a certain colour help anyone with any health issue anywhere except for a small amount of colourblind people

Mewling Lover

8,900 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Gender Swap 100
do red boxers count?

Fashionable Shopper

HBIC of the LD
"Wear color" days are just as retarded as changing your facebook pic for awareness. If you genuinely want to pretend to be relevant, donate fifty bucks and move on with your day.

User Image

I don't have $50 to donate. No, I'm not going to move on with my life as someone with heart disease. In the summer I may volunteer at Heart Camp which is for children with heart disease. I wonder when my papers are going to get here.....

I don't think its retarded. Its there to raise awareness. Awareness is good. With people being aware they can make changes in order protect themselves from heart disease.

User Image
How can you measure up?

Sugary Cat

I was wearing a red shirt today, but I was completely unaware that women's heart disease day is today.
I don't understand what wearing red has to do with women's heart disease day though. Pretty sure nothing is going to change after today.

Friendly Citizen

That's actually quite awesome since my PJ shirt is all red with white lettering! c:
But I'd like to go think that this can be for both women AND men as even children/teens in rare cases.
raggedy man goodbye
how does wearing a certain colour help anyone with any health issue anywhere except for a small amount of colourblind people

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
The colour red has been proven to significantly reduce the mortality rate of those suffering from coronary heart disease (CHD) ...[JH MEDALIE, 1979]
Yes.

No; that'll be because I'm not American. However today is the "rock up in red" fundraiser day organised by the British Heart Foundation to raise awareness and funds to combat heart disease in both genders, I don't understand why heart disease specifically in women is being highlighted in the US though.

Yes, lots of people but only in the professional sense.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff