Welcome to Gaia! ::

I have sort of the same problem. I never talk to people who don't talk to me first out of fear of rejection. I also have anxiety around my own friends about speaking out of fear of saying something stupid or not being interesting. So,yeah, I'm usually pretty quiet.
vanillaswurl
act like u know exactly what you're doing. . . never show a sign of weakness!!
examples:
-no playing with your hair self-consciously
-do something with your hands! don't let them hang awkwardly by your side!
-laugh and smile a lot -- make the person u r talking to feel comfortable

well good luck xd
Lmao thanks
MediaclCunt
I have sort of the same problem. I never talk to people who don't talk to me first out of fear of rejection. I also have anxiety around my own friends about speaking out of fear of saying something stupid or not being interesting. So,yeah, I'm usually pretty quiet.
If I'm around people I know I'll be very comfortable but if I'm around new people, sometimes I'll talk first but I don't wanna look like an a**.
Anymore advice? 8D
theres a fork in your a**
Anymore advice? 8D

I've got the same problem you do too. ^^;
Just keep telling yourself that they're no better than you. And that you rock! Whenever I need a boost of confidence, I just think of all the different compliments I've been given.
Coyote-Walker
Just keep telling yourself that they're no better than you. And that you rock! Whenever I need a boost of confidence, I just think of all the different compliments I've been given.
That's a good idea!

Wealthy Citizen

7,925 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Friendly 100
Pull up your shirt?
Well, if you can find someone that you know, that is familiar with them and ask what they're interested in. If they ask, simply tell them you're looking for an ice breaker.

Then when you see them, you can casually ask them if they've seen the movie ( or whatever the reason is) smile

Also two other things:

1) If you don't have confidence in yourself, fake it.
2) No one is better than you. Therefore don't worry what they think. It's their loss if they don't befriend you. smile

Hope this helped. biggrin
Smile a lot. If you're shy, start with random conversation in between classes while you're getting out books or something. b***h about the homework or make a funny comment about the teacher (if he/she isn't in the room, that is). If you're nervous, try meeting people one on one, or have the ones you HAVE already met show you around a bit.

You can do it. smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces