Welcome to Gaia! ::

Frozen Fairy

i'm not here to have a debate on abortion.

but ok, yes i understand pro-life people can be annoying with their protests.

but what i hate about the pro-choice people is that they're all there with the woman helping her get abortion, and then later if the woman regrets it and is feeling guilty, like s**t and all, pro-choice people dont' give ********, and then it's the pro-life groups that take her in.

supporting women in stressful pregnancies isn't "Kill the baby. No more worries". That's an impulse decision.
Help her through the whole way. Abortion doesn't get rid of all the stress she's under.

Frozen Fairy

apathetic frost1
" wahmbulance I don't like pro-choice because of my invalid pro-life arguments wahmbulance "

lol no. i'm complaining about people, not the legal/moral issue behind them

Rainbow Lover

If you don't want an abortion don't get one. Why can't it be that simple? I think it's selfish to bring a baby in to the world that doesn't need to be just so you can spread your filthy genes and give children in adoption homes a less likely chance of being adopted.

Frozen Fairy

HomebrewFox
If you don't want an abortion don't get one. Why can't it be that simple? I think it's selfish to bring a baby in to the world that doesn't need to be just so you can spread your filthy genes and give children in adoption homes a less likely chance of being adopted.

well, yes.
but i'm saying, when a woman is involved in a stressful pregnancy they are often lost and don't know what to do.
Pro-Life people will say keep the baby
Pro-Choice will tell her to abort. Both disregarding her other feelings.
But abortion is obviously undo-able, and often a women will get one and then later feel really bad for what she has done, guilty, may hate herself more and then it is the pro-life people who take her in.
In other words, the Pro-Choice people are only there for the moment, and don't care about the woman 10 years later when she's dying inside because she can't believe she killed her own baby.

Friendly Shapeshifter

5,000 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
icicle weapon
HomebrewFox

well, yes.
but i'm saying, when a woman is involved in a stressful pregnancy they are often lost and don't know what to do.
But abortion is obviously undo-able, and often a women will get one and then later feel really bad for what she has done, guilty, may hate herself more and then it is the pro-life people who take her in.
In other words, the Pro-Choice people are only there for the moment, and don't care about the woman 10 years later when she's dying inside because she can't believe she killed her own baby.

Not all pro-choicers are like what you describe, much like not all pro-lifers are obnoxious assholes.
Edit: and not all women regret termination.

Witty Conversationalist

You just assume every pro-choicer doesn't help them? Way to generalize there, sport. emotion_awesome

Frozen Fairy

unboundsmiter
icicle weapon
HomebrewFox

well, yes.

Not all pro-choicers are like what you describe, much like not all pro-lifers are obnoxious assholes.

i know not all women regret, and i'm obviously talking about the extremist pro-lifers. (it's sort of implied i find that when someone is complaining about any group, whether it be a religious group, feminists, vegans etc. . .they're always referring to the extreme ones)
But what i'm saying, these extreme pro-choice will tell women, "You've been raped. Go get an abortion" and disregard the other pain you feel from being raped, and then if the woman does regret the abortion, they don't comfort her in any way, and she ends up becoming one of the pro-life extremists.

From what I've seen of pro-life extremists they are either:
1. Disabled(because disabled people get aborted a lot unfortunately)
2. Crazy religious people
3. Woman who've had abortions and now regret it

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
icicle weapon
unboundsmiter
icicle weapon
HomebrewFox

well, yes.

i know not all women regret, and i'm obviously talking about the extremist pro-lifers. (it's sort of implied i find that when someone is complaining about any group, whether it be a religious group, feminists, vegans etc. . .they're always referring to the extreme ones)
But what i'm saying, these extreme pro-choice will tell women, "You've been raped. Go get an abortion" and disregard the other pain you feel from being raped, and then if the woman does regret the abortion, they don't comfort her in any way, and she ends up becoming one of the pro-life extremists.

From what I've seen of pro-life extremists they are either:
1. Disabled(because disabled people get aborted a lot unfortunately)
2. Crazy religious people
3. Woman who've had abortions and now regret it

Complaint about a group does not imply complaint specifically about that group's extremist demographic. Complaint about a group implies complaint about the group as a whole.

If your complaint is about an ideology's extremist faction, you should recognize this and not conflate that with the ideology or its proponents as a whole (e.g. using "pro-choice people" when referring specifically and exclusively to the ideology's extremist demographic). For example: I do not think people who casually read the Bible and go to church on Sundays to be reprehensible for doing so, but I do find people who believe that God has spoken to them and given them a mission to kill to be reprehensible; both groups fall under the blanket term "Christian", and so in recognition of what I actually have a problem with I specifically say that I find murderers to be reprehensible. I have a problem with them killing people; their being Christian is rather tangential to that and it is not an inherent quality of being Christian, and therefore it is disingenuous of me to say that I find Christians reprehensible.
Likewise, in your case, what bothers you is not the fact that the people to whom you refer are pro-choice (unless you're being misleading about your convictions) but that they are unempathetic, in which case you should acknowledge this and have the necessary intellectual integrity and respect for those you do not wish to demean to specify that you dislike unempathetic people, or if you insist upon being specific to the ideology (though outside of suggesting that the ideology is related to this quality, which you have implied, I don't see why you would), unempathetic pro-choice extremists.

Timid Lunatic

User Image

I think you're making a pretty broad judgement here. I'm pro-choice, and I completely understand the emotional toll that an abortion can have on a woman. I'd be willing to help and support anyone who is coping with that, regardless of my own views or of her reasons for doing it.

What you hear in headlines and in activism ads, doesn't necessarily reflect the way that individual people react in these situations.

User Image
Maybe because many of us have no connection to the woman? Yes, we are willing to help because we know the general problems women face when getting an abortion, but unless we know the woman personally, it is kind of hard to be supportive. A lot of those emotional issues usually require counseling, and most of us are not professional counselors. Also, I have never seen another pro-choice person be rude to someone for being upset after getting an abortion. Most of the people give some advise and try to tell them how to find some proper counseling.

Pro-choicers are usually only forceful about getting an abortion when the woman who has no business in having a baby persists on keeping it. A good example was here on gaia. A woman and her husband already had like 3 kids, and they weren't making enough even with help from the government. The husband was working most of the time because of this. However, the wife persisted on keeping the child when they already had 3 kids with an absent husband because he was always working to support his family.

Demonic Ally

We should subsidize pro-life abortions.

Clean Gekko

3,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
That aint even true though

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff