Welcome to Gaia! ::

yup its normal...my aunt still lives in her parents house even though shes 27 yrs old ....until ur financially stable...
yes of course.It's not worth stessing unless you don't like your parents 3nodding
Yes.
My ex-step-dad.
Is like Forty and lives with his mom.
sweatdrop
Now, that's bad.

4,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
One of my sisters moved out at 21. And that was cos she was pregnant.

My cousin is 26 and living at home..

18 is fine.
I find that most kids don't completely move out until they finish college. Even kids I know who live on-campus come home and live with their parents during the summer and holidays.

My boyfriend is 19 and still lives at home, just because it makes a lot more sense for his situation. He lives a 10-15 minute drive from campus, so there's no point in paying for housing there when he can get it a lot cheaper at his parent's house.
Yuh, it's normal. x]
Yeah, i am 18 and still living with my parents and i don't plan to move out until i am finished with college and financialy steady.
I'm 18, livin' with the folks, and not movin out til I finish college (which starts next year).. and even then, I'll probably try and milk it for as long as I can. >.>

Beloved Codger

11,725 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
Perfectly normal. Are you just out of high school? Then there's no way you could be ready to support yourself (unless you won the lottery or are already rich).

The average age that people move out is 26.
yea it is a stupid question...¬¬

10,265 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Profitable 100
Rishe
Yes; most people live with their parents until they can be financially stable and socially competent on their own, regardless of age.

Just work towards independence before you hit middle-age or you will be regarded as a pathetic freak with some kind of parent-complex.
yeah sure, my brother didnt move out till he was 20
It's totally normal. It doesn't even make sense to move out until you get a job that allows you to at least get a decent apartment, enjoy it while it lasts cause you will have to worry about bills and food etc... once you move out.
in my opinion, you're thinking too much if you go around labelling things normal and not normal

yes, it's normal to live with you're folks till you're an O.A.P yourself. I'm 20 and the only reason i'm not living at home with 'rents is coz i'm studying away from home and currently renting but when hols kick in i'm back with my folks and sisters who are all older than i am.

Suppose if you do want to leave then it should be up to you and when you feel its the right time or circumstance.

Rhianna's Husband

Free room and board? Not a bad deal if you ask me. I lived with my parents until I went to college, and then even came home and stayed during the summers. Eventually I got an apartment, at age 23.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff