Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kawaii Sentai

Bowtie automatically means you're wrong, sorry.

Precious Hellraiser

12,425 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
Well I don't know about no minimum wage but they should at least keep it at an amount that makes it so that those who need/want a side job can earn a decent amount of money, but so that making a living off these jobs doesn't become the norm so people can be encouraged to find better work.

Honestly though, even if a job like mcdonalds or a gas stations was paying that much, I wouldn't want to stay at that job, I want a career, but also a job that can provide enough for the cost of living if I was on my own.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Sooooo. What about where I live? Where minimum wage is still $7.50, but my rent is $700.00, and I live in a shitty apartment, better ones cost $1,100.00, I still need to pay bills, for food, for fuel, insurance, etc. On minimum wage I wouldn't make enough to cover my rent BEFORE TAXES. I'd need two jobs just to scrape by. And you expect me to trust a business, that is forced to pay a minimum line, will suddenly come through for me when they're not required to? If I wanted to make four dollars an hour, I'd join the illegals picking oranges in California.

Yeah, some states are ridiculous. That raise to $15 in Seattle is ******** stupid, but some states are still stuck low, and in a good few, that majority of businesses will pay you as little as possible.

If you want to blame something, blame the picky assholes who think they're too good for any old job. I've known too many people who would sit on unemployment all season because they didn't feel like working someplace else because they were afraid to lose the sit-on-your-a** checks.

Sparkly Vampire

9,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
Vladolf Putler
Remind me how you "raise the wage" people expect the less productive, the inexperienced, or those with disabilities to get a job when the minimum wage is $16/hr?

Do you people realize you're hurting literally everyone fresh out of highschool and college?

Because the working poor make up the majority and we need these people to do that kind of work and be able to buy more products and services, which would be best for the economy and growth in the long run. People buying more products and services = job growth. Studies have found positive impacts in economic growth through raises in minimum wage. Who the hell would you think would be able to serving coffee in places like LA if their pay was below minimum wage? These people would need to take on multiple jobs, which takes away job opportunities other people could have.

Sparkly Vampire

9,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
shameful sluts
lol, people out of college won't be making minimum wage in the first place

Because they'll be having a hard time finding jobs and be unemployed with how the economy is now.
You do realize that the minimum wage is partially due to inflation and the standard of living in a country right?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff