Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Member

I find it strange. Recently I've been running into old acquaintances (childhood crushes and various classmates I hardly ever spoke too), but it's almost as if I manifested the encounter because the ones I run into, I was thinking about a couple days previous. Trippy. Aside from that, I notice 98% of them have greatly withered. They didn't age well, perhaps done too many drugs, or stressed their brains out, but they all look worse than before. Is this the inevitable "Test of time" that is spoken of?

I, on the other hand, believe I have improved myself since then. I've found inner peace and I'm not addicted to anything besides, voluntarily, weed and coffee.

I've been thinking of these people because I'd like to reminisce with them or perhaps take up a new activity with an old friend, but they're basically dead. Perhaps my Necromancy is not yet powerful enough for me to ease their spirit Or enlighten their soul...

Discuss: Those who seem to digress and wither, though you would have never expected it, and are now usurped. "The Test of Time"

**UPDATE**

I decided to spark this one up again because another girl from my past has recently Came to mind. Her name is Amanda and I found her Facebook, I learned that she actually hasn't digressed much, she looks well taken care of which also means she looks recognizable! I'm impressed and proud, I would like this to happen more often.
I'm sure they all think they look just fine (just look at any "what would you rate yourself" thread, everyone rates themselves a 7+) & that you're the ugly one ~ that's kinda how these things work, OP. Age inevitably wrecks everyone.

Kawaii Sentai

User Image
User ImageUser Image

My high school was not in a good spot, I kinda thought everyone there would amount to nothing sweatdrop

For the most part I was right though. A lot of the kids there are now adults with kids and a welfare check + WIC to boot.

Im glad I didnt stay in that awful town.

User ImageUser Image
Dark LD Master

Discuss: Those who seem to digress and wither, though you would have never expected it, and are now usurped. "The Test of Time"

Yes, it happens to me too.

As for aging, I have realize that we all large at our own pace. Stress can really age a year group and it is natural. I have notice many men that have currently winning in that age of wine process. (Ugly duckling to MAN!)

But all I have noticed about growing older is everyone is getting fat! But many people are having kids at my age. I refuse to visit Facebook because I see ultrasound on a daily base.

I am aging great because my parents did. It is genetics too.
all my old private school friends are off doing big things either here in the big cities (NYC, DC, Boston) or off traveling abroad
all my not-so-old public school friends are either working full-time, working part-time while trying to get through university, or homeless

Golden Astronomer

11,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Sunny Side Up 100
It's not so much their looks, it's the kids who were so important in high school not being so important now. There are so few of them in college, military, etc. Most of them are in s**t hole jobs like fast food or retail, and they complain about being there.
I speak for myself when I say this. But I've noticed that most of my High School friends seem so much older than me. From what I've seen, they fit most of the archetypes of someone always wanting more and proving themselves to satisfy their greed and ego. On the other hand, I'm currently on a slow, or calm, pace of life. Thank goodness I meditate and have good genes.

Distinct Member

Foxydoe
I'm sure they all think they look just fine (just look at any "what would you rate yourself" thread, everyone rates themselves a 7+) & that you're the ugly one ~ that's kinda how these things work, OP. Age inevitably wrecks everyone.

Yes, people can think whatever they want, but substance is grandiose evidence. I'm really intrigued because there is a paranormal aspect to aging.

Distinct Member

Kedaj
Dark LD Master

Yes, it happens to me too.

As for aging, I have realize that we all large at our own pace. Stress can really age a year group and it is natural. I have notice many men that have currently winning in that age of wine process. (Ugly duckling to MAN!)

But all I have noticed about growing older is everyone is getting fat! But many people are having kids at my age. I refuse to visit Facebook because I see ultrasound on a daily base.

I am aging great because my parents did. It is genetics too.

Good point, about genetics too. Though genes can mutate, and this may be the paranormal aspect of aging I mentioned a minute ago.

Distinct Member

GoldenEnlightenment
It's not so much their looks, it's the kids who were so important in high school not being so important now. There are so few of them in college, military, etc. Most of them are in s**t hole jobs like fast food or retail, and they complain about being there.

I know what you mean, as if they best years were in HS. Mine werent. My great days were right after HS and still continuing, I figure this is why I'm again well too, because I am at the very least, content. You remind me, the inevitable force of the mundane consumes many, unexpectedly, yet inevitably..

Distinct Member

The Forbidden Soul
User Image
User ImageUser Image

My high school was not in a good spot, I kinda thought everyone there would amount to nothing sweatdrop

For the most part I was right though. A lot of the kids there are now adults with kids and a welfare check + WIC to boot.

Im glad I didnt stay in that awful town.

User ImageUser Image

I understand, this too, seems like a typical happening. Beyond materialism and capitalism advancement, the more importantly is physically and mentally. Those are what I nurture and it puts me above those I use to know. Perhaps if they'd done the same, even slightly, I wouldn't be noticing such disappointing fates.

Distinct Member

Cheeky Chi
I speak for myself when I say this. But I've noticed that most of my High School friends seem so much older than me. From what I've seen, they fit most of the archetypes of someone always wanting more and proving themselves to satisfy their greed and ego. On the other hand, I'm currently on a slow, or calm, pace of life. Thank goodness I meditate and have good genes.

Thank you, this is great! I agree. I too, slow, calm, peaceful and it's clearly beneficial. I thank Spirituality.

Distinct Member

Odinochka
I don't even remember the people I went to school with so if I ran into them, I doubt I'd recognize them.

I use to own a business a year ago and I'm finding out that a lot of the people that worked with me are going down hill. I can't tell if it's because they no longer have solid work or because they've always been degenerate and I never really noticed

Interesting. I suppose I'm just astounded that so many succumb to the test of time, while I feel I never will...

Invisible Humorist

It's like High School gave some kids life...like the people who took it seriously for cosmetic reasons get a serious reality check once it's over

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff