Welcome to Gaia! ::

just asking wut does [tical me emo] mean ?
i dont mean to be mean but cutting yourself solves nothing just causes more pain, and i dont call people emo who cut themselves i call them sad, because it is sad emo
emo - emotional people..
If the music was any good, it might be a different story.

However, Emo is the new Goth. Not too long ago the same people and tendencies you see attributed to the emo subculture were just lumped to goths, which were usually just wannabe gen-x'ers. Nowaday's the terms and definitions have just become too ambiguous to be truly descriptive.

Besides, if it really bothers you to be lumped in a category you dislike, there's a reason for it, correct? If no one knows about your problem but your family, the remarks aren't directed at you. As such, why take offense? If it hits too close to home, it's probably yourself who has to think things through a little.
I think the term emo is just a word. Some people who are closed minded describe it as a music style because they dont accept the symbolism and the fact that some things can be used to indirectly descibe a way of life. I would say it can be a way of life, a music style, and a word to describe people who dont know who they are, and dress all "emo" and cut, but dont know why. It is music, life, a pathetic stupidity, and a socail category all in one word. But, it is a word that means nothing unless you put a meaning to it, just like every other word. So there, what i think of the word "emo".

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff