Welcome to Gaia! ::

husbands and wives should not be in the same educational level. agree?

it's not necessary. sth more should be considered....

Clean Gekko

3,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
if they wanna be then why not
let them who wants to get educated be in the level they wanna be in I says

Tipsy Prophet

Quote:

I don't think it really matters.

Friendly Friend

7,525 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
The only way i can understand the point you are making is if one of the people just has a phobia that if their significant other is smarter than them it wouldn't work out.

even then, no i do not agree.

Hygienic Wolf

I fail to see how it matters?
Valebat

Some people assume that you think you are smarter and better than them or fear that you are when you are in college or graduated from it. My SO never said it, but it came to light that he felt inferior to me due to my education since he only got a GED and went on to work shitty entry level jobs. However, he got over it when he realized that I am not smarter than him and don't feel superior to him.

Now his response? "Im gonna be a sugarbaby when you get your degree. emotion_kirakira "

Hygienic Wolf

Chicken Zombie
Valebat

Some people assume that you think you are smarter and better than them or fear that you are when you are in college or graduated from it. My SO never said it, but it came to light that he felt inferior to me due to my education since he only got a GED and went on to work shitty entry jobs. However, he got over it when he realized that I am not smarter than him and don't feel superior to him.

Can't say I understand personally though I do know people like that, I have alot of friends who feel inferior compared to me for the same reason even though a few are earning way more than me.

I just think we are all on our own adventure in life.

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
I find knowledgeable people make preferable company.
That is a silly criteria to have when dating and in life.

Ladykiller

The "should not" in your post is kind of odd.

Education level preference depends on the person. Sure intelligence can't be measured in university units but it would be a lie to say that a degree doesn't elevate most people in the workforce these days.

Shameless Man-Lover

I want my partner to have drive in life, and that generally points toward going to college or making yourself smarter in some way or another.

Invisible Lunatic

Don't feed the troll.

ninja
Hmm this is a tough one.
From research that i did a little while back, i know that in a relationship where the woman has a higher level of education/ better paying job than the man that statistically there is a higher rate of divorce/ breaking up/ general unhappiness.

The articles i read said that the men felt emasculated and this went against the general desire that that they have to be the provider for the woman/ family. This is of course a generalisation but it is still a common way of thinking in today's world.

Also i know from my personal experience that youre level of education is reflective of youre personal priorities. Someone that is career driven would usually want the same trait in their partner. So its not so much about the level of education that someone has but their reasons for having worked to get the degree. Someone who has a degree would not necessarily look down on someone else who was say a self starter and worked to start a business.
soroor65

it's not necessary. sth more should be considered....

Well I want my wife to have a college degree and a doctorate on aerospace engineering or else she'll sleep on the couch

Lavish Loiterer

Does it really matter?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas