Welcome to Gaia! ::

I saw this on a forum on a different site and I have to say it made me do some deep thinking. When the pledge is spelled out like this you can see it really is a work of art. then the closing comment well it made me do some thinking, but I want you to watch this and make your own minds up on what this great old gent has to say.

Some of you may remember him but he passed away before many of you were born. Red Skelton was a good & funny man. At the end of each show he would say a few patriotic statements closing with Good Night and God Bless. Needless to say he received a well deserved standing ovation. He was an American treasure.
RED SKELTON - HOW DID HE KNOW??????

Take a moment and watch it (from 1969). How would he have known that this is where we are headed?

Click on the link, and turn your sound on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfz2XDXaeqc

4,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Red Skelton died in '97... So only our eleven-or-less-year-old members could make the claim that he died before they were born. Perhaps that statement isn't really apropos?

I have heard that recitation of the pledge before, and I definitely appreciate the sense of pride and unity he was attempting to convey. I still take issue with the pledge for personal reasons that I won't delve into here, but I'm glad that he took the time to shake out the almost automatic and rather monotonous way students recite the Pledge of Allegiance and make them think about the gravity of the words.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff