Single and unhappy 0.16176470588235 16.2% [ 11 ]
Taken and happy 0.42647058823529 42.6% [ 29 ]
Taken and unhappy 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Married 0.073529411764706 7.4% [ 5 ]
Divorced 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
It's kind of complicated... 0.20588235294118 20.6% [ 14 ]
Total Votes:[ 68 ]

The Perfect Relationship Timeline

Hello LD. I would like to know what you consider the perfect relationship timeline. Feel free to disagree with what people say, but please do so in a courteous way. (:

You can answer the following questions in a survey format, or you can just tell me a general summary of what you think about relationship "timelines."

For the sake of saving words, I'll only refer to heterosexual couples in the questions, but I completely support gay relationships, and if you're gay, answer accordingly. :]

--

When do you think is the perfect time to ask someone out? (eg. when you're good friends, or just once you kind of know who each other are?)
When is a couple considered "in a relationship," or "boyfriend and girlfriend"?
When should the first kiss happen--after the first date, or after a certain period of time?
How often should you go on "dates"?
When should you tell your parents that you're dating someone?
When should you introduce your boyfriend/girlfriend to your parents?
When should you say "I love you"?
Give a general idea of when you should get engaged (1-2 years, 2-4 years, 4+ years...)?
When should you move in together?
When would you pool incomes to make a living together?
When should you first start "fooling around"?
When should you first have sex together?
When should you sleep in the same bed?
When should you discuss intertwining your futures (eg. going to the same college, or working at the same place, etc)?
After getting engaged, when should you actually get married?
When would you like to have children (at which point in the relationship)?
When would you prefer to buy your first new home together?

--

You can answer additional questions if you come up with them--anything that has to do with relationships.
Thanks!
When do you think is the perfect time to ask someone out? (eg. when you're good friends, or just once you kind of know who each other are?)
When you're good friends.
When it's officially spoken or after the 3rd consecutive date.
When should the first kiss happen--after the first date, or after a certain period of time?
When you're ready. Everyone is different when it comes to being ready for "the next step" no matter what that step might be, and everyone is different according to how they feel about that specific partner.
However often is comfortable and possible for each partner. Some like to go on dates every chance they get while others prefer to stay in most of the time.
If you're under the age of 18, as soon as you get a boyfriend or girlfriend they should know. If you're already an adult, then when things start to get serious you should let them know.
If you're under 18, the first day. If you're already an adult, that's up to you and how comfortable your partner is with it.
When you feel it, but not within the first month. That's just WAY too early.
Give a general idea of when you should get engaged (1-2 years, 2-4 years, 4+ years...)?
Personally I think at the very least of 2 years, preferably 3, or more.
Whenever you're both ready for it. Again, not in the first month. Unless you guys have been good friends before.
When you move in with him or her.
When you're both comfortable with it.
When you're both comfortable with it.
When you're both comfortable with it. Most likely it would happen before the previous 2 questions.
When should you discuss intertwining your futures (eg. going to the same college, or working at the same place, etc)?
You should only discuss going to the same college if their college is good for your major, not because you're afraid of losing them. I would avoid working together. You need to keep your mind focused on work, but if your partner is there too you might not do so as well as if they were out of sight.
6 months to a year later unless they wish to wait until after college/graduate school.
Whenever both partners are ready, but preferably after marriage.
Home or apartment? You should have your own "living" place together before you get married, but other than that whenever you have money to get a home and could afford it.
--On a date? When you kind of know who they are. Dating friends is a no go from my experience.

--When they have made a committment to be exclusive with one another

--2nd or 3rd date

--At least once a week if you are dating. If you are in a relationship, it's kind of sketchy as to what is considered a 'date.' Sitting at home and watching TV is considered a date to some people, but not to others.

--You should tell them if you are dating someone. You should tell them when you are in a relationship with that person, and if that relationship has broken the three month mark (assuming that you don't live with your parents).

--After 1 year

--When you love them

--After "I love you" is said and you are living with the person, I would give it a minimum of three years.

--Sometime after "I love you" is said. This really depends on more factors (such as jobs, leases, etc).

--After you are engaged.

--Whenever you feel like it.

--Whenever you feel like it.

--For spending the night on occassion--after you start having sex. And of course when you move in.

--After the one year mark.

--I would give it three years minimum.

--After a minimum of three years of being married and when you are financially and emotionally ready to do so.

--If financially able, when you get married.

little_sailor_jd's Significant Otter

I'm gonna base a lot of this on my current relationship so I don't know how useful it will be.

When do you think is the perfect time to ask someone out? (eg. when you're good friends, or just once you kind of know who each other are?) We were best friends from the word go, so in this case when we were good friends. I think you should get to know someone before you make a relationship official, though.

When is a couple considered "in a relationship," or "boyfriend and girlfriend"? We considered ourselves together officially from when I asked him. We were sorta together before that, though, just not officially.

When should the first kiss happen--after the first date, or after a certain period of time? Whenever it feels right. We kissed long before we got together.

How often should you go on "dates"? When you can afford it, when you feel like it. No set amount really.

When its right/you are ready. I told mine pretty soon after we were going out officially. Either way, my step mum had been referring to him as her son in law for months previously.

They'd met him ages before, he was my best friend.

Exactly when it feels right to do it.

Again, when it feels right and you know each other well.

When finance allows for it, and you know each other well and are comfortable enough to do it.

No idea. When you live together?

When both parties are cool with it. In our case, before we were together officially.

As above.

We had shared a bed several times before we were together, because we had stayed over at each others places and been camping and stuff, like I say, we were best friends before we became more.

Well, we wouldnt go to the same college because we both finished college, and hes finished uni too. We would intertwine our futures when we start living together or I get up the spout or something? I already feel like our futures are intertwined because I can't imagine life without him.

We would like to do it within a year to two years because we don't want to be one of those couples thats engaged forever.

When we are financially stable and living together. I don't want a kid in the next five years but if it happens and we can afford to, then we would I guess.

When we can afford it. We would rent first.
When do you think is the perfect time to ask someone out? (eg. when you're good friends, or just once you kind of know who each other are?) It really depends on how attracted to them you are. Sometimes it works if you ask someone out and get to know them during a couple of dates.
When is a couple considered "in a relationship," or "boyfriend and girlfriend"? When they say they are.
When should the first kiss happen--after the first date, or after a certain period of time? It depends on how each person feels, really. If you really feel a strong connection, I don't see an issue with kissing on the first date.
How often should you go on "dates"? As often as you like. Some people like to go out a lot, some prefer to stay in and spend time with each other.
When should you tell your parents that you're dating someone? When you consider it to be a relationship.
When should you introduce your boyfriend/girlfriend to your parents? After a couple months, or when it seems to have long term potential.
When should you say "I love you"? When you mean it.
Give a general idea of when you should get engaged (1-2 years, 2-4 years, 4+ years...)? I would wait at least a year to get engaged.
When should you move in together? When you're engaged/married/committed to staying together.
When would you pool incomes to make a living together? Again, when you're married/committed to the person as your life partner.
When should you first start "fooling around"? When you feel comfortable doing so.
When should you first have sex together? See above.
When should you sleep in the same bed? See above.
When should you discuss intertwining your futures (eg. going to the same college, or working at the same place, etc)? Depends on how soon said futures will intertwine. I don't recommend working at the same place though, that seems too intertwined.
After getting engaged, when should you actually get married? When you are prepared to do so and can afford it.
When would you like to have children (at which point in the relationship)? When you are ready, but I would wait until married/committed as life partners.
When would you prefer to buy your first new home together? After being married/committed as life partners. Living on your own is important so you can learn those skills.
I dont think I want to answer all of those questions simply because I did most of them in the wrong order. rofl

Anyways... Your last two questions should be reversed. I definately think you should buy a home before you have kids.
User ImageThe answer to all your questions is: "When both partners feel ready."

1,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
My perfect relationship exists right now, so im going to answer the questions based on that relationship.

Once you know that there is enough in your relationship that can last. Really, it's an instinct.

When it's made official

Haha, mine happened the night i met him. I don't believe in dating someone until you have had physical interaction of some kind

They are best when they are not labeled as dates...then your stuck in a dinner and a movie scenario.
But going out is great :3

within two weeks or so of dating officially

When you are sure it won't creep your man out

After you do ex for the first time together
haha

Otherwise egh, whenever. Love is so overrated. People treat I love you like it should only be said with someone you think you are going to marry.
I mean- come on. If you can LOVE your friends, you should be able to LOVE your boyfriend.

Oh boy..awkward
For me, about 7 months, but the circumstances are special.

When you live under the same roof. It should always be OUR money and not MY money

ASAP. why the ******** would you be dating someone that you wern't physically involved with. That's called a "Friend"

whever.

neither of those things should happen. You should both be independent enough to have your own futures, but with that person.

I have noo idea
When do you think is the perfect time to ask someone out?
-- When you believe it's the right time. It's better to get to know someone first before deciding.

-- Either the guy ask you to be their boyfriend/girlfriend (Like in highschool) or if he spends lots of time with you.

-- There's always gonna be a perfect moment when it happens. all you gotta do is wait.

-- maybe 4/7 days of the week? Don't want to seem to clingy now.

-- When it's offical!

-- Through dinner.

-- Instincts.
-- When you are ready. Usually around 2-3 years? But eh. It's how you both feel.

-- Once you're engaged? Idk. ><

-- When you are comfortable.

-- When you're dating? Lol.

-- When you're dating?

-- When you're most comfortable.

-- When you plan to actually get married.

-- 6 months after.

-- After marriage.

-- Either engaged or after marriage.

sylfaerien's Husbando

Versatile Man-Lover

When do you think is the perfect time to ask someone out?
--When you actually think you could marry them.

--When you'd have the guts to sneak out and see them.

--After about two or three months, maybe, unless you've known this person for longer, then, it's all up to you.

--Depends on what you mean by dates. I know a friend of mine whose very easy to please, and a date can be a trip to the market as long as they can hang out.

--When there's no other choice but to tell them. ;3

--I've always thought about this. It would suck when your parents find out you had a someone right on the day of prom, and they'd never seen him before.

--When you seriously think you could marry right here, right now.

--two years.

--when both of you know how to manage alone for a few months.

--When both have stable jobs and can trust one another not to overspend.

--when you start to live together and master all these living together kinks.

--when one of you has a condom and an extra day off (I hope you're living together by now.)

--when you have enough self control not to have sex every night.

--well, you have to share the same passion. don't get stuck on something because your dude or girl is into it. Eventually, if you guys break up, your future's tangled in their dreams, and if you don't like that, you'll regret it.

--when both of you finish school, most likely. it's awkward to be married while in school, because if something bad happens, there'll be divorce and all this stuff to take care of.

--when money allows it, and when you're mature enough to accept the responsibility.

--it depends on whether you have kids or not. if its just both of you, anywhere will do, but if there are kids, you're going to have to rethink it---a house where your kids can grow safely is best.
When do you think is the perfect time to ask someone out? (eg. when you're good friends, or just once you kind of know who each other are?) When you are good friends or know each other well enough.

When you have dated for awhile, or are asked.

When should the first kiss happen--after the first date, or after a certain period of time? Second or third date.

How often should you go on "dates"? A few times a week.

When should you tell your parents that you're dating someone? After you know it's going well.

When should you introduce your boyfriend/girlfriend to your parents? When things are going well.

When should you say "I love you"? When you really feel it.

Give a general idea of when you should get engaged (1-2 years, 2-4 years, 4+ years...)? 2-5 years.

When should you move in together? 2 years.

When would you pool incomes to make a living together? When you're living together.

When should you first start "fooling around"? 2 months or longer.

When should you first have sex together? 3 months or longer.

When should you sleep in the same bed? 2 months or longer.

When should you discuss intertwining your futures (eg. going to the same college, or working at the same place, etc)? When you've been dating for quite awhile (year or so).

After getting engaged, when should you actually get married? 6 months to a year.

When would you like to have children (at which point in the relationship)? When you're financially able to.

When would you prefer to buy your first new home together? 2-3 years after getting married (time to get money and stuff).
User Image
There's no real timeline. It all depends on the individual couple. You can't plan life.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff