No 0.17908359566282 17.9% [ 512 ]
Total Votes:[ 2859 ]

Cunning Werewolf

4,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
Baby_Mia
A question on self-harm before I decide if I should post here.

Is it self-harm if you keep going to someone that you know will hurt you emotionally? FOR INSTANCE, if you continue to go to someone for sex knowing that, in the end, you'll feel terrible?

I think that's self-harming in an emotional way, rather than physical. We've been focusing more on the physical aspects of self harm, such as cutting or physically injuring oneself. You are more than welcome to post here regardless, it seems everybody has an opinion or belief on self harm and we'd love to hear yours.
summer1412
Baby_Mia

Is it self-harm if you keep going to someone that you know will hurt you emotionally? FOR INSTANCE, if you continue to go to someone for sex knowing that, in the end, you'll feel terrible?

I think that's self-harming in an emotional way, rather than physical. We've been focusing more on the physical aspects of self harm, such as cutting or physically injuring oneself. You are more than welcome to post here regardless, it seems everybody has an opinion or belief on self harm and we'd love to hear yours.

Well, I just think that it'd be considered self-harm since you're the one letting the harm happen; and since it's sex, which is physical...
Not to mention the physical effects of sex and what *can* happen. I say this because I've been in two pregnancy scares the past year, and the latter of the two wasn't a scare, but a reality. Unfortunate miscarriage, but nonetheless... Even though I know that I shouldn't go back, when times at home get hard (and they do), I get the urge to go back and "hurt" myself, then lie there in sick self-loathing for a few minutes.

Cunning Werewolf

4,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
Baby_Mia
summer1412
Baby_Mia

Well, I just think that it'd be considered self-harm since you're the one letting the harm happen; and since it's sex, which is physical...
Not to mention the physical effects of sex and what *can* happen. I say this because I've been in two pregnancy scares the past year, and the latter of the two wasn't a scare, but a reality. Unfortunate miscarriage, but nonetheless... Even though I know that I shouldn't go back, when times at home get hard (and they do), I get the urge to go back and "hurt" myself, then lie there in sick self-loathing for a few minutes.

I honestly don't consider sex - regretted or otherwise - self harm. This is just my opinion, others here may disagree.
It may be emotional distress, but it isn't the same thing, imo.

Eloquent Conversationalist

summer1412
Baby_Mia
summer1412
Baby_Mia

I honestly don't consider sex - regretted or otherwise - self harm. This is just my opinion, others here may disagree.
Neither do I, but her mentality seems similar to the Self-Harm cycle.

Cunning Werewolf

4,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
To better phrase it: sex is not an injury, unless it's rape, which someone can't control. Therefore it isn't physical harm. And with a pregnancy and miscarriage (my deepest sympathy for yours), it happens to women who have no regret about the cause.
summer1412
To better phrase it: sex is not an injury, unless it's rape, which someone can't control. Therefore it isn't physical harm. And with a pregnancy and miscarriage (my deepest sympathy for yours), it happens to women who have no regret about the cause.

Ah, I neglected to mention that that's what the first instance with this person in question was. Didn't think it was relevant.

Cunning Werewolf

4,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
GoddessDivine
summer1412
Baby_Mia
summer1412
Baby_Mia

Perhaps, but it seems to border more along the lines of self-loathing or victim's mentality, imo.

Sorry to be analyzing you, honey, I just tend to come at things from a more psychological standpoint sometimes.

Cunning Werewolf

4,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
Baby_Mia
summer1412

Ah, I neglected to mention that that's what the first instance with this person in question was. Didn't think it was relevant.

It is to an extent. If it's rape, it's not self harming because you could not control it and you were not doing it to yourself.
To continue sleeping with this person, that is emotionally harmful, but I do not consider it self harm. This is just my opinion, as I said, others here may feel differently.

7,275 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
Baby_Mia
summer1412

erm...... you really should have told the police.

Eloquent Conversationalist

summer1412
GoddessDivine
summer1412
Baby_Mia
summer1412
Baby_Mia

Perhaps, but it seems to border more along the lines of self-loathing or victim's mentality, imo.

Sorry to be analyzing you, honey, I just tend to come at things from a more psychological standpoint sometimes.
Ahhhh. Now that's why I recognized it. You know how my two cycles are thrown together. Sometimes I confuse the mentalities, because I recognize the feelings.
I would contribute to this conversation but i don't really know what to say.
WindWolf94
Baby_Mia
summer1412

In an attempt to not make this a really long post, I will summarize:
- Crush for all of high school.
- Graduation.
- He was horny, I was naive. There was a blindfold and fellatio.
- Weeks passed, and I ended up locked in a room with him and the lights turned off. Things happened.
- Didn't go to the police because I was still...I don't know what. Subservient. Don't know the term.
- Went back to him because he was an escape.
- Still go back because he is an escape.

Cunning Werewolf

4,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
GoddessDivine
summer1412

Ahhhh. Now that's why I recognized it. You know how my two cycles are thrown together. Sometimes I confuse the mentalities, because I recognize the feelings.

It's alright, I understand. The feeling are very similar.

Cunning Werewolf

4,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
Baby_Mia
WindWolf94
Baby_Mia
summer1412

- Graduation.
- Weeks passed, and I ended up locked in a room with him and the lights turned off. Things happened.
- Didn't go to the police because I was still...I don't know what. Subservient. Don't know the term.

This is indeed a very unhealthy relationship... I would encourage severing ties. I know it may be hard, but even though this isn't hurting you physically, this is severely damaging your self esteem, your psyche, your security. It's a damaging relationship.

7,275 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
Baby_Mia
WindWolf94
Baby_Mia
summer1412

- Graduation.
that does help me better understand the situation. then, yeah, its is a sort of self harm.

@thread, i feel sort of bad for my karate teacher now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff