I don't, but I know someone who does 0.13606155998601 13.6% [ 389 ]
No 0.17908359566282 17.9% [ 512 ]
Total Votes:[ 2859 ]

7,275 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
+[Bra Pirate]+
I personally do not self harm, but my very best friend does.
She's been doing a lot better; she hasn't cut or thrown up in months.
I wish the best of luck to all of you that are struggling. My heart goes out to you. heart
I'm glad to hear that, and thanks. emotion_yatta

Dapper Dabbler

WindWolf94
Hi song mrgreen

I know from experience, biting is a hard habit to break, but it is breakable, what worked for me was carrying a stress ball to squeeze whenever i felt the need to bite myself. I also wear a bracelet constantly now, because i would always bite my left wrist, so if i go to do it i'm reminded to stop. Congrats or your sucsess though, and keep at it.

I know it probably dosen't mean much coming from me, but you love who you love, there's nothing wrong with it.

A trebuchet, eh? that's some kind of catapult right? those are so cool ^_^ My friend just got a jigsaw, so he and i are making keyblades. heart

I really want tattoos in the places where I cut most, along with the spot on my arm where I bite; I feel it'd help a lot. The thing with biting is that it's instant and I don't think about it.

I know there's nothing wrong with it, but I don't feel it. Self-hate. Bleh.

7,275 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
Song of the Century
WindWolf94
Hi song mrgreen

I know from experience, biting is a hard habit to break, but it is breakable, what worked for me was carrying a stress ball to squeeze whenever i felt the need to bite myself. I also wear a bracelet constantly now, because i would always bite my left wrist, so if i go to do it i'm reminded to stop. Congrats or your sucsess though, and keep at it.

I know it probably dosen't mean much coming from me, but you love who you love, there's nothing wrong with it.

A trebuchet, eh? that's some kind of catapult right? those are so cool ^_^ My friend just got a jigsaw, so he and i are making keyblades. heart

I really want tattoos in the places where I cut most, along with the spot on my arm where I bite; I feel it'd help a lot. The thing with biting is that it's instant and I don't think about it.

I know there's nothing wrong with it, but I don't feel it. Self-hate. Bleh.

Yeah, thats why it's so hard to break the habit, Tattoos would probably help a lot, having a visual reminder is usually helpful.

I wish i knew how to help, i've questioned my own sexuality before, but i've never hated myself for it. I guess the best thing to do would be to seek out someone who has had a similar experience, and ask them about it.

Dapper Dabbler

WindWolf94
Yeah, thats why it's so hard to break the habit, Tattoos would probably help a lot, having a visual reminder is usually helpful.

I wish i knew how to help, i've questioned my own sexuality before, but i've never hated myself for it. I guess the best thing to do would be to seek out someone who has had a similar experience, and ask them about it.

Plus, I do really want a few tats. They're pretty expensive though, and I haven't the opportunity to get one right now.

I suppose that's a good idea.

Lady Fox

26,050 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Hey guys!

It has been awhile since we have all posted here. What has been happening in your lives, if you wish to share. I have been working on passing my classes, and attempting to find a job in my field that doesn't require 2+ years of experience. Not sure how I am supposed to get experience if 95% require experience?

I haven't self harmed in awhile, and I noticed I have been getting better at dealing with emotions and situations in general. I have grown up a lot since the old thread, and even since this thread was created.

I have also watched you guys grow and change into stronger people.

EDIT: Summer, if you ever get the chance, it may be a good idea to update the ages in our profiles.

+[Bra Pirate]+
I personally do not self harm, but my very best friend does.
She's been doing a lot better; she hasn't cut or thrown up in months.
I wish the best of luck to all of you that are struggling. My heart goes out to you. heart

I am glad your friend is doing better, and I wish the best of luck to you and your friend. heart

Strangerthan
Hello, guys, I'm Emma.

I'm recovering from SH or whatever you want to cal it. I relapsed a couple of weeks ago and I feel kind of shitty about. I mean, I've only done it twice in 4 years from doing it every day so I'm doing a lot better but still... I just don't understand why I feel the need to do it. I get the urges and it's really hard to fight. I just want to do it. It's stupid. This post is stupid but I thought I'd put it out there.

Hello. I'm Silver, but you can call me Nikki. =)

I want to say that this post is NOT stupid.

I know that it can be hard to fight relapses, because the urge to self harm can be strong, but you can do it, you can fight the urge. It may be helpful to have something that keeps your mind off of the negative thoughts and feeling. I personally like to journal, play mindless Facebook games, take walks, or read. Sometimes I will talk to my boyfriend if he's awake or not working. I know others who take up a sport or martial art, draw, punch pillows, listen to music, etc. These ways of fighting urges can also become a healthy coping mechanism, but I think that would depend on the person.

I view the fact that you have gone from doing it every single day to once in a blue moon to be proof that you have gotten stronger.

7,275 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
Hi Sil, glad to hear you're doing better heart

I haven't been around much recently because of finishing up schoolwork, but I'm almost done so I should be around more soon enough.

I don't self harm very often anymore, and recently it's only when i get angry that my mother has woken me up for the millionth time because she needs soda, it keeps me from screaming at her.

I've been kinda sad lately, i guess the reality that I'm about to graduate and turn 18 finally hit me. I'm in cyber school, so i don't really have anyone I'm not gonna see again, but thinking about the future scares me. I don't really know what i want to do with my life yet, and the pressure to decide isn't helping any. Meh, if it were just up to me I'd be happy at any old job, so long as i was able to do the things I love.
But life isn't like that, I know that i would be happy living in an apartment with my friends for the rest of my life, but they wouldn't be. They, unfortunatley for me, have much more romantically oriented plans for the future, and it would be selfish of my to try to hold them back. Time's gonna move on with or without me, so I can't stand around waiting. I'd love to be a tattoo artist, but i feel like pursuing it would probably backfire into being a waste of time and money.

Growing up is confusing >_<
I've had more friends that have self-harmed/attempted suicide than i can count on my hands... I am very happy to say that they have all given this up and a few thank me for helping them though it. I always asked them what it was that I did that helped and the general reply is, listening. So please if you know someone who is going through this, don't judge them and just listen and be there for them.
I have really, really strong urges to harm myself. It's like the hunger at lunch after eating a really early breakfast - you need the food. I used to do harm myself, partially for attention (i would've denied it when i was younger), partially for stress or emotional relief. Now I merely get this strong urges, then horrible fear that I might impulsively kill myself one day. Sometimes when things gets bad, I calm myself by slapping my thighs or arms hard, its not the same, but it gives about a minute or two of relief.

Oh, I was recommended the rubber band trick by someone, didn't work at all, the pain was not the same and it lasted really too short.

Lady Fox

26,050 Points
  • Candy Massacre 50
Iced Vodka
Oh, I was recommended the rubber band trick by someone, didn't work at all, the pain was not the same and it lasted really too short.

I'm not really fond of the rubber band trick because to me it is another form of self harm, as the person is causing themselves harm to cope with their feelings or/and urge, just that people don't view it as bad because it doesn't cause as much damage. I understand the reasoning behind it, but it is not a suggestion that I use.

I suggested earlier in this thread, to another user, ways to cope with self harm urges. I'm personally fond of the distraction method, basically finding stuff to take my mind off the urge or to keep me busy, or the waiting method, which is telling myself "I will do x in an hour" and once that time is up I'll will say "Okay, I will do it in another hour", and so for. The idea of the waiting method is that the person will lose interest, or become distracted by something else, like homework, sleeping, or a page on the internet. It doesn't work for everyone though.

I did a quick google search and found this: http://www.helpguide.org/mental/self_injury.htm#find

This link is not just directed at you, Iced Vodka, but anyone here who is fighting urges, trying to find a new coping mechanism, etc.

evilfangirl137
I've had more friends that have self-harmed/attempted suicide than i can count on my hands... I am very happy to say that they have all given this up and a few thank me for helping them though it. I always asked them what it was that I did that helped and the general reply is, listening. So please if you know someone who is going through this, don't judge them and just listen and be there for them.

Thank you for being there for your friends, and being able to listen and help them. I bolded the last part because of how important it is. I see a lot of people who do not take the time to try to find out the reasons why their loved one/ones self harm, and instead attack or ignore the issue.

Cunning Werewolf

4,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
NIKKI!!! *hugs* Hey darlin.

Sure, I'd love to update the ages in the intro.... I can't remember the last time I did it either o.O

Bethany, you're 17 now, yes?

Let's see...what's been going on in the world of Summer... Same as usual, really. Working a lot. Taking care of the family when I'm home. Still in remission, so that's good. Got an art show coming up on the 20th of May. I coordinated the whole thing myself.

Lady Fox

26,050 Points
  • Candy Massacre 50
summer1412

Sure, I'd love to update the ages in the intro.... I can't remember the last time I did it either o.O

Let's see...what's been going on in the world of Summer... Same as usual, really. Working a lot. Taking care of the family when I'm home. Still in remission, so that's good. Got an art show coming up on the 20th of May. I coordinated the whole thing myself.

*hugs back* 4laugh

I'm assuming you haven't updated it since the thread was created, It says I am nineteen and I just turned twenty-two.

This thread is over two years old.

Good luck with the art show! I would be horrible at coordinating an event. Congrats. ^_^

7,275 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
summer1412

Yepyep, 18 in august heart

7,275 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
God i'm so tired of this "little man syndrome" s**t from my dad, i need to get out of here, because anytime i relapse it seems to be his fault.

Lady Fox

26,050 Points
  • Candy Massacre 50
WindWolf94
God i'm so tired of this "little man syndrome" s**t from my dad, i need to get out of here, because anytime i relapse it seems to be his fault.

Are you going to go to college? I ask this because it can be a way for people to get away from home.

I do understand where you are coming from. My home is chaotic, and I'm having issues finding a job (the jobs in my field require experience), which I need to move out. I love my parents, but I'm at a point where I would like some distance.

Also, I can't believe you are almost eighteen. eek
There's a girl at my school who cuts her arms a lot when she's stressed. Everyone sees it at school. It's bad. I try to tell her it's not the answer, but she says the pain from the cuts let her mind wander away from the pain of stress. It's sad how she hurts herself.
I don't harm myself. I cut my walls when I'm really stressed. Or just excerise.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff