Welcome to Gaia! ::

Clean Gekko

3,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Choose the english to try and empirically measure taste
There's definitely no universal idea of physical perfection, and no, I don't think she's perfect. She's obviously pretty but she's not outstanding.
No, I don't think it's overrated at all. Which would explain the point of the contest; physical attractiveness is extremely important to many people.

Chatty Fatcat

8,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
That doesn't even make sense. Beauty can only be judged by the eyes of each individual person, and not on a grand scale because the opinion on beauty is so different to each person.
To quote Rasputina, "A lot of people ask us for beauty tips. For them, I have only one word: sheep placenta, sheep placenta, sheep placenta."
Captain Jailbait
I don't think that natural beauty is important. I like looking at beautiful people, but why would I care how "natural" they are, as long as they're pleasing to look at? Anyway, the contest winner is pretty, but she's not beautiful.

That's an interesting perspective. I've never thought about it like that before. However, I have to disagree. While I do appreciate the various looks that makeup can create, I appreciate them less than seeing a bare face with natural beauty. It takes a very brave person to go out au naturel, and I admire that very much.
She's pretty, but I've seen prettier.
Perfect natural beauty? GTFO of here with that non-sense.

The b***h has blonde and blue eyes, two things that aren't in my ideal woman. Looks like an average blonde you'd see walking down the street. Nothing special at all.

Hot Duck

She's really really pretty but i dunno about beautiful or sexy (though i don't think anyone said anything about sexy anyway)

For me, most beautiful = Emma Watson
most sexy = Audrey Horne from Twin Peaks
most pretty = Jessica Alba

so says i

Adored Admirer

Tell me, LD, do you believe in perfection?

No.

Do you think she's perfect?

No.

Is the importance of physical appearance overrated?

Yes.

And what is the point of holding a contest like that in the first place?

None.
Captain Jailbait
d a s A r t i f e x
Captain Jailbait
I don't think that natural beauty is important. I like looking at beautiful people, but why would I care how "natural" they are, as long as they're pleasing to look at? Anyway, the contest winner is pretty, but she's not beautiful.

That's an interesting perspective. I've never thought about it like that before. However, I have to disagree. While I do appreciate the various looks that makeup can create, I appreciate them less than seeing a bare face with natural beauty. It takes a very brave person to go out au naturel, and I admire that very much.
I don't think that it requires bravery. I often go out without makeup when I can't be bothered to put it on. But I prefer seeing women with makeup in public. I think that beauty can exist with or without makeup, it's just that makeup seems to me more suitable for being out and about, while the natural look seems better for just hanging around the house. That doesn't mean that I go, "Ew, get that away from me!" when I see a woman without makeup, she just seems less put-together if she's out of her house.

Perhaps 'bravery' wasn't the right word for it. I just think that in a society where women are expected to be done up every time they have to show themselves in public, it's refreshing when they instead choose to go bare. That's just my personal opinion. I do see your point, though.
Beerios
For me, most beautiful = Emma Watson

emotion_bigheart

Quotable Conversationalist

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
White. Blonde. Blue-eyed.

No surprises there.

Quick Reply

Submit