• Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
Harley Jade Linnea
Chieftain Twilight
Harley Jade Linnea
Chieftain Twilight
Harley Jade Linnea
Chieftain Twilight
woah, back up, Harley. stare I never said that I dress my Subs in rags, nor did I say that I am fine with them being mistreated. I didn't even imply that. you inferred it, based on nothing.

my point is that the mentality is the problem. treating them like dolls to be dressed up. do I like to see my Subs wear pretty clothes that please me? yes, of course. would I ask it of them? yes, certainly, sometimes. but I make sure to do so with their feelings and agency intact.

and chivalry isn't merely a code of respect and honour, as people romanticize it to be. it's a system of behavior and special privaleges to a specific social class who get to treat other people as beneath them because they are the warriors and defenders, and a sort of psuedo-nobility. chivalry includes allowances for knights to intrude on peasants' homes, kill them without warning for a perceived showing of disrespect, whether it was intentional or not, rape their wives or children, eat their food, sleep in their beds, extort them, and intimidate them.

bushido was pretty much the same, too.

My apologies Chieftain. I misunderstood what you said but thanks for clearing that up.

it's ok. I get fired up sometimes, too, and lose my head. nobody's perfect.

anyway, just for the record, I'm a Switch. wink but I did start off as a Sub.

I was right, you're in a more Dominant role right now, right? Or, more specifically, you're leaning more Dominant right now, or something to that effect. At least I didn't totally screw up there LOL Sometimes I get confuzzled and mix people up redface

I've found myself in a Dominant role, yes. I sometimes request role-reversals when I need my "Sub fix", which my Pet seems to enjoy. ^_^ but she definitely leans more Sub than anything.

in my previous relationship, I took on most of the wifely chores, but was more dominant in bed. but it was a very vanilla relationship.

I can understand that. I am a switch who leans toward submissive side, while my honey is a Dominant- leaning switch, but every once in a blue moon we role reversal because of a need for that fix. Those episodes are fewer and farther apart but they're still there.

Eeps, he just reminded me I have three minutes until bedtime and I have to get coffee ready for the morning so goodnight.

nighties, Peace~
Master Darius Gevaldi
GSK Lives
*SIGH* Memories. That little tart makes me as mad today as she did back then.

I assume you're referring to the fake kajira I mentioned in my other post. If not feel free to enlighten me as to who you are talking about.

Yea, that's the one. No, gillian's been pretty admirable here and thoroughout.

Pure-hearted Vampire

16,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Master Darius Gevaldi
Chieftain Twilight
Master Darius Gevaldi
Chieftain Twilight
Master Darius Gevaldi

I can answer that. A lot of it stems from the level in which individuals take the books to heart and incorporate them into their own lives. Sure there are some things in it that just can't be incorporated, but its similar to the variations in the way branches of a religion worship. Southern Baptists differ from other Baptists due to the way they view the bible and hoe they follow it. In a sense Gor is like that. We have different 'sects', if you will, people who incorporate only some of the books into their lives all the way up to those who live as closely to the books as they legally can. As a result you get varying answers as to what the lifestyle is. If you think about it, that happens in other BDSM areas as well. Take terminology and how one person may call themselves a pet while another who's relationship is nearly identical in the behaviors and dynamic may only call themselves a submissive.

that actually makes a lot of sense. thankyou.

I had a feeling, from other posts you've made, that the religion analogy might help explain it. I'm glad I wasn't off about that.

you're very perceptive.

I have to be, in my profession. I work with abuse victims, mostly children, and a lot of times you have to hear what they aren't saying in order to get them to open up and start the healing process. Its one reason why I took mina in when I realized she was being abused. We were all at a social gathering, her former master was completely ignoring her after having berated her in front of everyone, which while some Goreans think its acceptable and you do not intervene when a Master is disciplining His slave, I do not think its acceptable behavior. We took her home with us that night and it took him six hours before he realized she was gone. It took him another two days before he even bothered to start asking about her. Someone directed him to my door and I made it clear to him that he wasn't getting any where near mina. she was terrified of him and it was her own refusal to leave that got it through to him that she was no longer his girl.
He didnt know she was gone?????I seriously cant get my head around that. But thank God you had her and not some nutter

MrMephist0's Waifu

Fashionable Lunatic

The20
Chieftain Twilight

Since neither of you seem to comprehend the concept of context, nor how to read and differentiate the difference between "illegal" and "consensual", then I just can't do this anymore. I simply do not have the patience for semantic bullshit and general smart-assery.

I wish the rest of you the best of luck. I just can't do it anymore.
Lexia_Starr
The20
Chieftain Twilight

Since neither of you seem to comprehend the concept of context, nor how to read and differentiate the difference between "illegal" and "consensual", then I just can't do this anymore. I simply do not have the patience for semantic bullshit and general smart-assery.

You always quote me when i already abandoned that part of the discussion.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Lexia_Starr
The20
Chieftain Twilight

and I have no idea how you think semantic bullshit and general smart-assery is going to convince me of anything, or how you think it's what I'm doing. confused why the hell was I dragged into this? I'm not conflating the two. I was merely addressing a tangent. I saw a mistaken notion about the state of slavery in the world, and corrected it. had nothing to do with BDSM.
Marquessa_De_Sade
Master Darius Gevaldi
Chieftain Twilight
Master Darius Gevaldi
Chieftain Twilight
Master Darius Gevaldi

I can answer that. A lot of it stems from the level in which individuals take the books to heart and incorporate them into their own lives. Sure there are some things in it that just can't be incorporated, but its similar to the variations in the way branches of a religion worship. Southern Baptists differ from other Baptists due to the way they view the bible and hoe they follow it. In a sense Gor is like that. We have different 'sects', if you will, people who incorporate only some of the books into their lives all the way up to those who live as closely to the books as they legally can. As a result you get varying answers as to what the lifestyle is. If you think about it, that happens in other BDSM areas as well. Take terminology and how one person may call themselves a pet while another who's relationship is nearly identical in the behaviors and dynamic may only call themselves a submissive.

that actually makes a lot of sense. thankyou.

I had a feeling, from other posts you've made, that the religion analogy might help explain it. I'm glad I wasn't off about that.

you're very perceptive.

I have to be, in my profession. I work with abuse victims, mostly children, and a lot of times you have to hear what they aren't saying in order to get them to open up and start the healing process. Its one reason why I took mina in when I realized she was being abused. We were all at a social gathering, her former master was completely ignoring her after having berated her in front of everyone, which while some Goreans think its acceptable and you do not intervene when a Master is disciplining His slave, I do not think its acceptable behavior. We took her home with us that night and it took him six hours before he realized she was gone. It took him another two days before he even bothered to start asking about her. Someone directed him to my door and I made it clear to him that he wasn't getting any where near mina. she was terrified of him and it was her own refusal to leave that got it through to him that she was no longer his girl.
He didnt know she was gone?????I seriously cant get my head around that. But thank God you had her and not some nutter

It seems unreal I know but it was an all-night party and he was 'ignoring' her to punish her for a perceived wrong. The only reason mina left with us was because we'd earned her trust over several weeks of talking with her every chance we got. Or, more specifically, talking with gillian.
GSK Lives
Master Darius Gevaldi
GSK Lives
*SIGH* Memories. That little tart makes me as mad today as she did back then.

I assume you're referring to the fake kajira I mentioned in my other post. If not feel free to enlighten me as to who you are talking about.

Yea, that's the one. No, gillian's been pretty admirable here and thoroughout.

That's what I thought. Thank you for the compliment, I'm proud of my girl, she's always very level-headed.
Legitimate question here:
Where does the Gorean lifestyle stand on homosexuality and asexuality?
End [Sushi]

The answer to that will vary depending on how true they are staying to the books, In the books, I don't recall hearing anything about either of those even being a concept. I know from comments I've seen from gillian and Darius that they, personally, know that both exist and embrace them. After all, gillian and mina are both females and they are intimately involved.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
End [Sushi]

also, I know an asexual kajira (or leastways I think she's a kajira. she's certainly in the gorean camp) floats around the LD. she mostly sticks to the BDSM-based threads both in the LD and the Friends Chat.

Liberal Receiver

The last time I looked into Gor, whenever the question "What if you want to leave?" was placed you'd have gotten one of two answers;
"You can't."
or
"You would never want to.

Both of those bothered me. The second one because it assumes that people never change when change is really the only constant thing.

So, it's nice to hear a reality-grounded "You can leave, but it's recommended to try and work through problems first."
In general, that's solid advice for any relationship.

It was also why I had a hard time taking Gor and Goreans seriously.

Not that it matters much because I'm not into TPE, I am a sub, and not into poon.
Mistress Lithia
End [Sushi]

The answer to that will vary depending on how true they are staying to the books, In the books, I don't recall hearing anything about either of those even being a concept. I know from comments I've seen from gillian and Darius that they, personally, know that both exist and embrace them. After all, gillian and mina are both females and they are intimately involved.

True, but now that I look at the time the books were written the US was dealing with the Civil Rights Movement so the author may have omitted it as it wasn't a hot topic at the time. Note: Sorry if I offend anyone with my wording, it is not intentional, truly.

Oh. I'll admit to not reading over all of the posts as I'm rather new to this particular subforum and read the post, had a question, read some comments and asked out of plain curiosity. So, it's just another lifestyle choice. Got it! Thank you very much for your answer.

Honestly a bit surprised at the level of maturity in this thread. Last encounter I had with Goreans they were a bit fanatic. Thought I'd give it another go, from a research point of view.

Motto: I don't care what you do in your bedroom! As long as it doesn't affect mine! *thumbs up*
Chieftain Twilight
End [Sushi]

also, I know an asexual kajira (or leastways I think she's a kajira. she's certainly in the gorean camp) floats around the LD. she mostly sticks to the BDSM-based threads both in the LD and the Friends Chat.

You learn something new every day. XD
Thank you very much for answering my silly question.

Pure-hearted Vampire

16,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Jason0690
The last time I looked into Gor, whenever the question "What if you want to leave?" was placed you'd have gotten one of two answers;
"You can't."
or
"You would never want to.

Both of those bothered me. The second one because it assumes that people never change when change is really the only constant thing.

So, it's nice to hear a reality-grounded "You can leave, but it's recommended to try and work through problems first."
In general, that's solid advice for any relationship.

It was also why I had a hard time taking Gor and Goreans seriously.

Not that it matters much because I'm not into TPE, I am a sub, and not into poon.
I use to have on my chat profile a quote that said "Gor is in your heart...and it never leaves" That was because...it doesnt. it bleeds into your life. I do not think there is an instance of -valid- gorean practice where a kajira/kajirus is not allowed to leave. This is real life after all. I am sure..infact I know there are cases where abuse happens. A case made the papers not very long ago about some girls that when first asked by authorities they didnt wish to leave but later recanted and asked for help leaving. But they were chained to the basement etc type of deal. In -valid- cases,,,of course you can leave. Whether it leaves your heart...that is another thing all together.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff