Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
I went to a close-by college (cheapest around here), lived at home, paid completely out of my own pocket and worked full time.

Because no one was going to ******** pay it for me, and I sure as hell wasn't going to hang out at mom and dad's and wait for some magic money-fairy to show up.

Liberal Receiver

Most colleges around here you can test out of the 0's classes.(0, for those that don't know, are usually classes that were covered in high school. such as 099 Algebra - s**t you were supposed to learn in high school.)
And the ones that don't, I'm pretty sure if you bring your transcript you don't get placed in 0's classes.(Unless you failed that class, obvs.)

Invisible Seeker

8,400 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Arcobelano
Tiggette
Arcobelano
Tiggette
Arcobelano
Tiggette

You don't think social skills are worthwhile? What the ******** dude, human interaction is part of the beauty of life. Forming bonds and experiencing emotion connected to it. It's the only thing keeping us from being computers.

But in the end what use are your emotions? I cant eat my emotions or drink them, they seem like so much more of a weakness in the long run, only an inhibitor to keep us from thinking rationally at most times. Life isn't beautiful or ugly, its just one of the many factor's that compose this universe, its up to the individual to decide for himself whether he wants to fool himself into believing otherwise.

Inhibits us from what? Being computers? That's such a limited train of thought. Life is life, it is beautiful and ugly, and it is a process we are living that just so happens to be composed of emotions and thought. If every decision were based in logic, this world would be so much less exciting. There would be no risks, no art, no momentary euphoria.

That's not a world I want to live in; and I'm surprised anyone would see that as ideal.

Well considering that most of life is more or less doing things that you'd pretty much rather not do...it doesnt really seem to be a fair trade off for a moment of euphoria.

Then why have you bothered to keep living?

For that miniscule and almost nonexistent chance that i might be able to break this ridiculous and mundane cycle.

So you want to overthrow the Capitalist system?

Well that's a whole other argument.

As for the other post, it's how business works. You have background on someone over the other, and they will blend easier into the swing of things. It doesn't have to make sense.
Tiggette
Arcobelano
Tiggette
Arcobelano
Tiggette

Inhibits us from what? Being computers? That's such a limited train of thought. Life is life, it is beautiful and ugly, and it is a process we are living that just so happens to be composed of emotions and thought. If every decision were based in logic, this world would be so much less exciting. There would be no risks, no art, no momentary euphoria.

That's not a world I want to live in; and I'm surprised anyone would see that as ideal.

Well considering that most of life is more or less doing things that you'd pretty much rather not do...it doesnt really seem to be a fair trade off for a moment of euphoria.

For that miniscule and almost nonexistent chance that i might be able to break this ridiculous and mundane cycle.

As for the other post, it's how business works. You have background on someone over the other, and they will blend easier into the swing of things. It doesn't have to make sense.

Overthrow the capitalist system? Sure lets go with that.

Dangerous Noob

6,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Partygoer 500
I went straight to 4 year to get out of my house tbh.

Invisible Seeker

8,400 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Arcobelano
Tiggette
Arcobelano
Tiggette
Arcobelano
Tiggette

You could at least figure out what your ideology is called before arguing for it. razz
Tiggette
Arcobelano
Tiggette
Arcobelano
Tiggette

You could at least figure out what your ideology is called before arguing for it. razz

who said i was interested in arguing?

Invisible Seeker

8,400 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Arcobelano
Tiggette
Arcobelano
Tiggette
Arcobelano
Tiggette

You've been arguing since the beginning of this conversation.
first year classes are only there to filter people out =P
Tiggette
Arcobelano
Tiggette
Arcobelano
Tiggette

You've been arguing since the beginning of this conversation.

eh i dont consider it an argument. Not if its completely one sided.

Fashionable Shopper

Oh, oh, how can you be good enough?
User Image

I went to my local university branch campus which means like a community college it was close by and I was able to live at home. I like it because I didn't need to dorm and could just go to school.

I think some classes were easy and some were not. Most people would consider the gen eds easy but I found those harder than my major classes. I hate math and science.

User Image
How can you measure up?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas