Welcome to Gaia! ::

Benevolent Lover

What's more acceptable?

The girl asking the guy out, or the guy asking the girl out?

Personally: I feel that society puts too much pressure on the guy to do everything. I feel that girls, if they like some guy, shouldn't have to miss out because they aren't socially allowed to ask him out, but must wait for him to figure out she wants a date. Guys are shy, too. And besides, I'd be flattered to be asked out.
However, I have heard men feel emasculated when asked out, or intimidated, because the female in question has shown boldness and strength apposed to shy/coy weakness.

What's your take?
Clawz
What's more acceptable?

Personally: I feel that society puts too much pressure on the guy to do everything. I feel that girls, if they like some guy, shouldn't have to miss out because they aren't socially allowed to ask him out, but must wait for him to figure out she wants a date. Guys are shy, too. And besides, I'd be flattered to be asked out.
However, I have heard men feel emasculated when asked out, or intimidated, because the female in question has shown boldness and strength apposed to shy/coy weakness.

What's your take?

does it really matter
in my experience either is fine. as a strong woman I find myself asking guys out more, but my current guy asked me out.I prefer being asked out rather than asking just cause I hate the idea of maybe getting turned down
I agree with your opinion.
Of course, this was only an issue I really had in Middle and Elementary school.
In high school and now in college, girls are a little less shy to do things like that.
I really don't care how it happens, unless I don't like the chick. sweatdrop Good thing I don't have to worry about that, seeing as how I have a wonderful girlfriend at the moment. xd She's awesome, but like you said she never asked me out. She just gave signs and hints that she liked me, lol. razz
starke the death bringer
Clawz
What's more acceptable?

What's your take?

does it really matter
If you add some punctuation in, then it depends on where you are. But it really shouldn't matter. If you get asked out, then you get asked out and be glad you did. And if you like someone and you know they aren't taken, then what's wrong with you? Ask them out! scream
Whoever wants to.

Girls really should ask guys out more often though.
Because waiting around the whole damned time...well, it's a waste!
I would prefer for the girl to ask me out. Because when I have to do the asking out, I always fear being rejected and possibly sabotaging a friendship (just bad experiences in the past have created this fear). When a girl asks me out, it makes me feel wanted. And I have to say, if a girl actually has enough self-confidence to ask me out, I will almost never say no.

Hopeless Dreamer

11,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Either is acceptable. Whoever is interested should take the initiative.

<3
well i always want the guy to make the first move because the only thing i am shy about is asking guys stuff about love. but i beleive that either way girls and guys should both make the first move. just in my case i want the guy to make the first move
hellz no!!! girls shouldn't ask guys out. guys like to go around thinkin they're all dominent... well then the least they can do is ask a girl out. and if a guy likes a girl enough then he will ask her out no matter how damn shy he is. and if he doesn't like her enough to ask her then they shouldn't be together
If you're interested in someone and want to spend more time when them, either or gender should ask the other out.

Benevolent Lover

My phail computer = phailed again.

SORRY GUYS.

I'm back!
Dude, girl that asks me out im taking her out to dinner no charge. Need more like that
Zero4Hero
hellz no!!! girls shouldn't ask guys out. guys like to go around thinkin they're all dominent... well then the least they can do is ask a girl out. and if a guy likes a girl enough then he will ask her out no matter how damn shy he is. and if he doesn't like her enough to ask her then they shouldn't be together

They shouldn't be together because he's shy?

Good job on generalizing guys, by the way.
All guys definitely think they're dominant!
All guys definitely lack the emotion of fear of rejection!
Meaning all guys must follow the same damned rules!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff