Welcome to Gaia! ::

When you're silent, people find it easier to attack you. I know some people who have been beaten for participating because they were too involved in it to defend themselves and kept their traps shut and their fists down.
I say ******** that. There's a fine line between dedication to a cause and just being an idiot. Violence might not be the answer all of the time, but sitting there and being beaten isn't an improvement.
Screw day of silence. Protests in general usually fail anyway.
Blitzkrieg Beauty
I agree completely.

If you want to make an impact for a cause, you need to be heard.

Who really wins in this protest? The protesters, or the people who don't want to hear it?
I agree that being silent doesn't really do much. At my high school one of my classes raised some money and had a fellow student weld a beautiful sculpture for the school courtyard. Then each class painted a tile of what they wanted people to "tolerate" ( I put it in quotation marks because I hate that word, to tolerate means that you hate it but wont do anything about it because it would be wrong. There just isn't a better word in the English language.)

The next year we put up a memorial for all those who died for some important cause.

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Lilah-Clover

Anywho. April 25 Is ANZAC Day.

They're doing it on ANZAC day?!

gonk Not cool! I mean.... it's hard to find a day that isn't already for something else... but still! ANZAC is so important we get a day off!

**puts on her poppy pin** Poor ANZAC buggers got viciously slaughtered on some foreign field! Gallipoli and so on! Raise a glass, ladies and gents, for all yon fallen heroes!

Well look at it this way - it's obviously caught your attention. That's what it's there to do, raise awareness.

To be honest, with your Government in the USA, I can't exactly see kids being let out of school to march the streets in protest.
I agree but maybe there are certain circumstances that prevent a load of people from being more active. I just assumed the day was for teenagers who were trying to come out.
I was always torn on this topic.

The most it ever seemed to do in my eyes was piss teachers off (especially in choir) because no one will participate. A lot of people just seemed to use it as an excuse to not do anything in school all day.

But I let them go and do what they think will help. I do it my way.

I take the protest to an every day level and just voice my opinion when the topic comes up. I just feel like more gets accomplished when you voice out your opinion.
Day of silence.
Makes me want to join it and just not talk its a-may-zing
THANK YOU! I completely agree with what you said. They need to find better ways to protest.

Sparkly Healer

10,550 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
You seem to be missing the part where this is a protest made for people still in school.

Dapper Humorist

rabbit sushi

Well look at it this way - it's obviously caught your attention. That's what it's there to do, raise awareness.

To be honest, with your Government in the USA, I can't exactly see kids being let out of school to march the streets in protest.

And so what if it raises awareness?
Average Joe is aware gays are bullied. Average Joe also could not give a flying ******** as it has such a small impact.

I brought this up in front of some friends and the basic response was. "So schools across America are going to keep silent all day because some dumb a** dressed like a women and asked another guy out and didn't expect think that would even slightly piss people off?"

Honestly, not only do you accomplish very little but its a bullshit cause.
Whens the national day of silence for Blacks?
Jews?
Fat people?
Geeks?
The disabled?
And every other minority thats ever existed whether it be racial, religious or lifestyle related. ?
They all get bullied and I've not heard of such an event for them.
Hell, even Veterans only get one minute on remembrance day.
Ben Tigre

Ok, so should we kill ourselves to show people what its like for those killed in hate crimes?

Yes.

I sort of agree though. Most of these sort of protests are strange and useless.
Never heard of it, none the less it does sound retarded....
Pyramid Head`s Toy
You seem to be missing the part where this is a protest made for people still in school.
I completely agree with you.
You can find better ways to protest, and that actually look like you're protesting.
If you're just not going to talk, then how the HELL are people going to know what you're protesting?
It's stupid, they want to "make a point" but being silent doesn't do it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff