Welcome to Gaia! ::

Does it get better? My son lately has done nothing but throw temper tantrums!
shameful sluts
idk... do kids age past two? do kids become adults? or do they stay 2 forever never changing and acting the same way for the rest of your life?

Grow up dude! Seriously.
shameful sluts
foxiekitty2010
shameful sluts
idk... do kids age past two? do kids become adults? or do they stay 2 forever never changing and acting the same way for the rest of your life?

Grow up dude! Seriously.
don't post stupid questions if you don't want stupid answers.

Maybe it was geared towards other parents that can give advise not for some immature kid who doesn't give a ******** about anything else but stroking their egos cuz they have no life!
shameful sluts
foxiekitty2010
shameful sluts

Grow up dude! Seriously.

Also if you think the post is so dumb then why bother commenting back.

Tipsy Kitten

And that is why I won't ever have children.

Put him in a box and ship him to china.
Of course, it eventually passes (seriously, "shameful sluts" is just stating the obvious, which you cannot seem to handle), but you really need to stand firm on your rules and not give him attention when he throws a fit (negative attention is still attention). Being negative about it is setting yourself up for failure.

Kawaii Sentai

User Image
User ImageUser Image

It obviously passes
Just like everything else in life

Ignore tantrums. You get used to them.

User ImageUser Image

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
shameful sluts
foxiekitty2010
shameful sluts

Grow up dude! Seriously.
*whispers* She should be thankful that she can't possibly be pregnant with another one while she's PMSing this hard.

Magical Tree

Yup it does.

Just let him cry it out. Don't give in. This is him testing you to see if you really mean business. And it can make or break you both. Giving in means he won't listen to you for other things.

If you ignore the behavior - (making sure he isn't hurting himself or actually sick) - it should stop.

Also - he could be tired or hungry. Kids get really cranky just from either or both of these. Ahh, meltdowns. I don't miss them.

Witty Conversationalist

Whenever my children throw their tantrums, my fiancé and I just ignore them. So long as they are not hurting themselves or other people then they can just throw their fit on the floor. If we are out in public, we remove them from the immediate area and let them do it off to the side somewhere. It annoys some people that they are screaming, but honestly, we get more praise from other adults with this method than anything else.

It’s best not to give into the tantrum lest you want a child that knows how to manipulate you. If you are in your home, just walk away from them. Pretend they are not there. Carry on with whatever it is you are doing and don’t even acknowledge their existence. When they are finished with their tantrum, resume speaking with them as if the tantrum never happened. Ask for a hug, move onto an activity, whatever you can think of to seem normal and without missing a beat.

Children lack impulse control. They will develop a sense closer to kindergarten and first grade, but it will be a while before that. They need guidance, structure and consistency.

My oldest is three and he has the shriek of a banshee on a good day. They are getting less and less, but my youngest is just a month shy of two so the both of them feed off of one another with their dramatics. However, thanks to that my youngest is also maturing faster than kids his age. He still throws some pretty silly tantrums, though.

There are hotlines you can call for guardians/parents that need advice or feel that they are at their wit’s end. Don’t hesitate to Google them and call them if necessary.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
[******** you, inflation. emotion_donotwant Please help?

Vicious Reveler

Well, according to my mother I was terrible before I was 2, and also after until at least school age so... I guess it depends on the child? I also had tantrums after that age but those were usually from people forgetting to feed me or leaving me in boring situations with no activity to do.

I imagine it probably will pass, the temper throwing does tend to die down. I guess if you ask around and figure out some good ways to deal with it that work for you, they'll probably go faster.

I haven't got good ways to do that myself, I have no children and they all just seem like hellions to me... I don't know how parents do it, it just looks so hard.

All the best though, hopefully things will get a bit calmer soon.

Zphal's Wife

Shy Conversationalist

You get past terrible twos and go into Trying Threes. I've heard the phase "******** Fours" though my oldest child is three so we haven't hit that yet.

Just remember at that age they have a really difficult time handling their emotions. Imagine feeling ten different emotions at once and having no idea how to express them. That's how it is for a two year old.

Its annoying. Its trying. But it shall pass.

Invisible Humorist

if your kid doesn't end up like this guy i think you've succeeded

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas