Welcome to Gaia! ::

CLOSED
I thank everyone who contributed.
User Image

intro | FAQs | rules | tips | share | credits | links

Keeping this part open for those who want to check it out. NO STEALING.

Quote:
      READ THIS BEFORE THOSE

User Image Human skin vary thus bear in mind that not all these is effective to you.

User Image To those with who can afford but has more priorities to deal with, better choose natural products that are cheap and safe. It cures slowly but surely.

User Image Always use the average amount. Not less, nor much.

User Image please do not blame us. We warned you. We are merely suggesting. We never persuade you. You move your own hands by your own accord.

Thank you.

Quote:
      ELiMiNATE PiMPLES !

yes. you heard me right. ;] how to eliminate pimples. it's not the squish it tactic. and another no. it's not the buy some branded pimple eliminator or something. this does not recquire a lot of money darling but instead, it recquires just a mild smooth baby powder, your clean face and time. ;] simple isn't ?

excited ? so am i. let's get to the point then !

the procedures !!

^ apply powder on face. doing this every night before bedtime will make the pores smaller making the skin smoother.
      ^ pour a handful of powder on palms
      ^ using the tip of the finger, apply a thick amount of powder directly on EVERY pimple

but no. we're not done yet. you have to do this EVERY night before bedtime.
      and noo. you can`t expect an instant cure or disappearance of your pimples but you will expect it to get smaller and smaller until all you can "FEEL" is that little grain or "FEEL" && "SEE" .. nothing. ;]]

P.S
      ^ i have mentioned that the materials is a clean face and that you have to continue doing this every night. this doesn't mean that you have to wash your face before bedtime. you see, this is not good for your eyes. you could wash your face one hour before bedtime.
      ^ best soap is iVORY
      ^ the best powder to use is Johnsson's Baby Powder. it's mild and smooth.
      ^ never squish your pimples. you don't want to get those yucky holes on your face , DON`T YOU ?!
      ^ applying powder on a dirty face will make the situation worse

soo what exatly causes pimples ? OO;

^ sweets, oily food, peanuts ( not nuts. )
      ^ sleeping really late

avoiding it would be better but still, this won`t stop your pimples from growing, esp. teenagers, because this is HORMONAL.

-L e x x i i e (source: mum!)

but aside from those, we have another alternative from our first tip sender !
      here are the needed materials and it's designated uses.

TOOTHPASTE FOR PiMPLES

warm water:

1: soak a rag in warm water
      2: drain out the excess water because it can get annoying.
      3: place the rag on entire face, or sections, which ever your comfortable with for about 5-10 minutes.
      4: remove rag and wash face as usual.
      5: repeat nightly.

toothpaste (for acne):
      1: any type of toothpaste will work really. I use Crest: Dual Action Whitening.
      2: apply tooth paste to individual pimples or, in case of bad break out, all over the area.
      3: let sit for 5 minutes.
      4: wash off with warm water
      5: wash face as usual
      6: do whenever breakouts occur

-Phoenix Blaze Cloud (source: mum !)

P.S

not every skin agrees with Flouride. here are some precautions to consider when using toothpaste ;D

User Image Simbuyo "The stronger the whitening factor is, the more flouride content is, the more rashes you'll get if you're allergic."

User Image S i s s y i s toothpaste use is good at first, but using it excessively can be really bad to your skin.

1. It damages your skin. Toothpaste has fluoride, and it's been scientifically proven that too much of this can cause systemic poisoning. Of course, you'd have to use a s**t load of toothpaste for that, but it's still a risk. The fluoride can also provoke skin allergies and burns/irritates your skin.

2. You can get scarring from it.

3. If left on for over an hour or used too excessively, it dries the crap out of your skin. Then your oil glands go into overdrive, trying to produce oil to re-moisturize your skin, only causing further problems.

4. Don't use whitening toothpaste; it normally has high contents of hydrogen peroxide, that will burn and irritate your skin.

though these people do not agree with using toothpaste, your skin might be different from theirs. choose anything that suits you, may it be powder or toothpaste.

Quote:
      APPROPRiATE HAiRSTYLES FOR
      APPROPRiATE FACE SHAPES FOR GiRLS !

first off, let me introduce the 5 common face shapes of a human being. we have oval, square, oblong, round && heart ! along this face shapes is their appropriate hairstyles and hairstyles to avoid. but before starting, how do you determine what your face shape is ? simple. try to take a photo of your face with your hair in a ponytail and trace the the outline of your face to reveal it's silhouette at the back of the photo paper.

OVAL

description: this is the perfect face shape for it is proportional and balanced. the forehead is wider compared to the chin with a gracepful taper ( the fold you see when you grin ) from the cheeks to the chin. others try to get hairstyles that make them look oval. lucky you ! 3nodding

what you need: good hair care ;]

best hairstyle: any length or style works well !

styles to avoid: styles that are too long. it makes your face look longer.

SQUARE

description: it gives a determined character to those who possess it. on the contrary, it makes you look manly.

what you need: a softer look

best hairstyle: longer lengths, wispy bangs (e.g 1) && curls create an illusion of length and softness. as for those who can't maintain long lengths, asymmetrical cuts && bobs that curls around the jaw can be good alternatives.

styles to avoid: geometric styles ( e.g 1, e.g 2), wedge cuts (e.g 1), && thick straight bangs.

OBLONG

description: oblongs are pretty much an elongated oval. the chin is proportioned with the forehead, making the face look too long. at times, oblong faces also has slim necks.

what you need: widening and shortening cuts

best hairstyle: a shoulder-length cut which creates an illusion of width or a cut that falls just above the chin to draw the eye upward, && thick bangs also cut the forehead short.

styles to avoid: long lengthed hair && creating a pouf on the crown. it makes your face look longer && thinner.

ROUND

description: round faces are round at the center and has round chins as well

what you need: slim && elongate

best hairstyle: long locks, side-swept bangs && long layers.

styles to avoid: no tiebacks or sleek bobs !

HEART

description: heart-shaped faces are similar to square faces but most of the wideness is at the forehead, making a narrow taper to the chin. often, people who possess heart faces have a widow's peak (wikipedia: a descending v-shape point in the middle of the hairline)

what you need: balance

best hairstyle: foreheads of heart-shaped faces can be pretty wide so side-swept wispy bangs or asymmetrical cuts suits best.

styles to avoid: short haircuts and too long styles. the latter emphasizes the narrow angles while the other pushes the chin out.

by the way. the face shapes mentioned are just the common ones. Simbuyo found a full list of face shapes.

User Image

- L e x x i i e (soruce: OK ! magazine)

Quote:
      EXFOLiATOR !

When lemon juice squirts in your eye, it hurts. Why? Because of the acid that it contains. It buuuuurns, doesn't it? xD Well, because of it's acidity, it can be used as an exfoliator, a peeling treatment of some sort. You'll see a few products that contain lemon extract, especially those that are meant to whiten your skin, and it usually stings, but hey, no pain no gain!

Simply rub a lemon half on the dark areas,such as elbows && knees, thirty minutes before you take a shower or bath so your skin can absorb it. My grandmother used to do it like that for her dark armpits (she said it even made her pits smell better xD) and joints, but I find it easier sometimes to soak in a warm or hot bath and let the skin soften, and then rub the lemon into the area. It takes time, and it might hurt, but it's worth a shot. However, if your skin reddens and doesn't calm down after an hour or so, you shouldn't try it again, because you might be allergic, or your skin can't handle the acid. @.@

-Simbuyo

Quote:
      MOOD SWiNGS !

As a teen, hormones rage like OMFGWHOA. Your best bet is to do things that make you happy, and are good for you. I mentioned "good for you" because many people turn to drugs to curb their emotional state, but it often leads to even more depressing moments, and it will often affect your life in a bad way and eventually, you'll learn the true meaning of depression... but as an adult. DON'T DO DRUGS. xD Anyway, with that point aside, start a hobby! Learn more about yourself by trying to find something that you can release your frustrations on, like dancing, or writing or singing or even martial arts. You know how some people tend to eat when they're feeling emotional? Try not to do that, because that can lead to emotional eating addiction, which is NEVER good. Instead, try exercising. It's proven that exercising releases hormones called endorphines, which are naturally released by your pituitary gland (responsible for hormones) and hypothalamus (responsible for kicking the pituitary gland into action, and also controls hunger, thirst, body temp, fatigue and circadian cycles) during exciting moments, like strenuous exercise, pain, excitement and orgasms. They're "natural pain relievers," so they'll do your body good AND give you temporary feel-good high. Plus, it's good for you. (Source: Wikipedia.)

Meditation is how I got through the emotional rollercoaster. It's not as boring as people think, and it helped me grow more by reflecting and thinking, and becoming more aware of not only myself, but also others. Being in tune with yourself always helps.

-Simbuyo

Quote:
      QUiCK HAiR FiX !

You know that sometimes we didn't have time to get our hair ready for that special day, right? Like you have a date on Friday and you want your hair to look extra silky and soft and shiny... but parents keep calling you, siblings keep bugging you, and you just have too much in your hands to take the time, no?

Well, perfect solution. ^^ you'll need:

+Blow dryer.
      +Conditioner or hair cream.
      +A shower cap.
      +A comb.
      +Your hair.

1. Shower as usual, then blow dry your hair. While it's still warm, take some conditioner (very little since you can't rinse it) or hair cream (still, don't exaggerate) and start to massage it onto your hair, starting from the scalp towards the tips.

2. Take the shower cap and put it on. Wait like five to ten minutes (take this time or finish make up, brush teeth, etc etc) and check if your hair has absorbed the cream or conditioner. If it hasn't, blow dry it at very low then recap your head. Go on your affairs for another five minutes, and check. By now it should be all absorbed.

3. Take the cap off and style it as you wish. It should be silky and soft and smooth on your fingers.

How does it work? I can't remember exactly what the magazine said, but the warmth is supposed to open something in the hair and maximize the absorption of the cream or conditioner, helpingiti get more hydrated and stuff.

WARNING ! ABUSING HOT WATER AND BLOW DRYING CAN RESULT IN DANDRUFF. THE BLOW DRYER'S SUPPOSED TO BE WARM, NOT BOILING HOT !

-Akira Yoshizawa (source: a mexican magazine)

Quote:
      REHYDRATiNG DRY SKIN !
      helpful for those who experince the winter season and those in tropical countries

Are you tired of having dry skin when the summer season hits and even dryer skin in on winter seasons? Tired of moisturizing you face day and night? Well then, I have the solution for you, and best of all, you’ll be able to find the ingredients rate in your pantry so you won’t have to spend any extra money.

What you need:
      -A small bowl
      -A spoon
      -Face cloth
      -Warm water
      -Brown sugar
      -Olive oil (any type will work)

Time it takes: ~15 minutes, including prep.

What you do:
      1. Mix about ½ a tbsp of olive oil with ½ of a cup of brown sugar. (if it’s a little too runny, put some more brown sugar, or if its not really sticking together, put a tiny bit more in)

2. Take a face cloth; heat it up using hot water. Squeeze the face cloth to get rid of the excess water and place it on your face, covering the spots on your face that are the driest. Leave it on for about 2-3 minutes.

3. This can get a bit messy, so I recommend doing this part over your bathroom sink. Scoop some of the olive oil and brown sugar mix using your fingers and rub over your face, once your face it covered with the mix, leave it on for about 10 minutes (you can leave it on for longer if you would like but 10 minutes should do the trick).

PS. The sugar will stay put if you don't touch it. So just behave your hands.

4. To rinse off, all you do is take the same face cloth (or another one if you would like), run it under cold water so that it will close any pores that may still be open, and take it off. This part could get messy because of the brown sugar, so I recommend doing this part over a sink.

Notes:
      * I recommend doing this in the evening so that if there is some left over olive oil on your skin, it will have time to absorb.
      *The brown sugar and olive oil mix is so hydrating that you should only have to apply it once a week.
      *Olive oil has many other benefits for your skin such as: it can be used as for sun protection and its also good for eczema.
      *If you have left over mix, you can put some plastic rap over it and store it in your fridge until you decide to use it next. Before you re-use it, I would recommend leaving it out for a day so that when you put it on your face it’s not so cold then re mix it.

-juiced-up-orange-

Quote:
      REDUCE EYE PUFFINESS!

Eye puffiness is caused by either of the ff:

User Image Mononucleosis
      User Image Oversleeping/sleep deprivation
      User Image Fluid retention
      User Image Diet
      User Image Alcohol and tobacco use
      User Image Allergies
      User Image Skin disorders
      User Image Normal aging
      User Image Crying
      User Image Hypothyroidism
      User Image Periorbital cellulitis

Of all this, the most common (to those who don't diet, drink or smoke) are sleep deprivation and crying. Eye puffiness never was beautiful nor the cure and prevention expensive or rare. A metal spoon and a freezing temperature will do the simple trick.

CURE:
      Store a metal spoon on your freezer (overnight or 3-4 hours just enough to cool the metal) and after doing so, directly press on the swelling part.

PREVENTION:
      Elevate the head while sleeping with 2 comfortable pillows and maintain carrots & squashes, mangoes, and liver which are rich in Vitamins A; papaya which has the most amount of Vitamin C; and eggs and milk which are rich in Vitamin E.

-iStrawberry-chan source: (a mini mag and other infos from Wikipedia.com)

Quote:
      Spa with Aloe Vera

User ImageShower Body Scrub: Slice aloe leaves and rub the sap onto your body and get soft, moisturized skin!

User ImageAloe Conditioner: Massage aloe into your scalp then leave it for 30 minutes before rinsing and get that TV commercial-worthy locks!

User ImageExfoliating Foot Mask: Mix 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup cornmeal 1/2 cup unscented body lotion and 4 tbsp. aloe vera gel on your feet for baby soft toesies.

- L e x x i i e source: (Total Girl Magazine Philipines)

Quote:
      Olive Oil: Not Just For The Kitchen

User ImageFoot Cream: Before bed, rub one to two tablespoons of olive oil on your feet, wear socks and wake up with ultra soft tootsies! This could be an alternative for aloe vera.

User ImageTame Frizz: Tame dry and frizzy hair by putting a drop or two at the ends!

User ImageHair Mask: After showering, massage two drops on your scalp, then wear a shower cap for 30 minutes. Rinse again with shampoo. (an alternative for aloe vera)

User ImageEar Cleaner: Dip cotton buds into warm olive oil and clean out all the gunk on your ears and belly bottom.

User ImageHand && Nail Care: Massage on dry hands and cuticles to soften skin.

Quote:
      Petroleum Jelly and Its Wonders

User ImageFoot Cream: Before bed, rub one to two tablespoons of olive oil on your feet, wear socks and wake up with ultra soft tootsies! This could be an alternative for aloe vera.

User ImageProtects Cuts and Scrapes: Since Petroleum Jelly is thick, it would be enough protection for your wounds against bacteria which then causes infection.

User ImageMake a DIY Lip Balm: Scoop enough amount of Petroleum Jelly into a container (of any size). Add a little powdered eyeshadow (any color you desire) to the jelly and mix!

User ImageHelps Your Scent Stick: Have you ever been disappointed on your cologne or perfume that didn't last that long? Rub a little petroleum jelly on your wrist and spray your scent. Happy now?

User ImageKeeps Hands Clean: Do you go to Art School or you've got a messy painting project to do? Removing the paint on your hands is a hard job. Apply petroleum jelly on your hands to prevent paint or thinner from getting absorbed by your skin.

try it. and give me a comment for your questions and successful stories ! User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

reserve oo;
reserve oo;
reserve oo;
reserve oo;
reserve oo;
reserve oo;
reserve oo;
OFiCiALLY OPEN !! -clapslikealittlechild-

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff