Welcome to Gaia! ::

I work at a kids' Day Camps over the Summer. Once there was a blatantly fixed result of a game called Giants, Wizards, Elves, and one of my friends (a leader) shouted, 'That's a ******** joke!' Then all of the kids did some 'Ummmmmm'ing and told him he was going to hell. xd
I don't really see a problem with it.
At the end of the day they're just words.
I think we should watch what we say and proper language instead of every other word a swear... and if they're really young I certainly wouldn't want to build their vocabulary with one of those nasty foul words... Never mind not acceptable or appropiate... The child's parents are their first teachers...
Okutai
What are your views on this?

I've always told my friends to not swear when there are kids near us. I get the question "why?"

MY answer has always been; "Our generation is already like a cesspool. There is no reason to piss in the next generation's gene pool either"

I agree
I'm sick of all these lttlel kids saying ******** and s**t every other word.
and I dont mean to sound like a hypacit, if thats even spelled right.
Well persoanlly i am mormon but im not allowed to curse and i GUESS u can say im a kid but resally im a teenager and started from 6th grade i started to curse because everyone around me was and the words got stuck in my head so i think that if everyone just STOPED cursing all together and went back to the usual "crappp" or "HOLY MOTHER OF POOP"(ok maybe i only say that) then the world wouldnt be so bad... and Mitt Romeny ( whu droped outta the race [as i saw here in brazil] )being Mormon wouldnt had a change to that maybe YA its freedom of speech but the speech infuelncsees kids and teenagers "slut" "whore" "basturd" should be considered cursing and if only... oh well maybe its just me ranting hawhaw
I will not swear infront of a child... I use to smoke and I wouldnt even smoke infront of a child... I dont drink infront of children... If im taken I will not do the whole PDA infront of a child... they are children they need to be watching cartoons and playing outside and such... maby if there were more ppl like me we wouldnt see 34897203984983 12 years olds having babies

Familiar Phantom

Okutai
What are your views on this?

I've always told my friends to not swear when there are kids near us. I get the question "why?"

MY answer has always been; "Our generation is already like a cesspool. There is no reason to piss in the next generation's gene pool either"

i agree however telling kids not to swear and that it is bad. makes them want to do it more. if swearing wasn't a "bad" thing that only older people were aloud to do. then kids wouldn't swear as much as they do now.
I think kids need to be exposed to vulgarity, so they're not so surprised and weird when they get older.
My parents swore around me all the time. They also taught me that the words they were saying were not for kids to say, they were for adults to say.

Parents who are afraid of hurting their child's well being by saying "bad words" need to wake up and realize that words are not what's going to mess up their kids.

They are just words and as soon as they learn them, they're going to start saying them behind their parent's backs. If they learn them from their parents, or not.
I'm not around children enough, but I don't think I would, despite the fact that they probably know more curse words than a sailor themselves.
Blitzkrieg Beauty
I think kids need to be exposed to vulgarity, so they're not so surprised and weird when they get older.
My parents swore around me all the time. They also taught me that the words they were saying were not for kids to say, they were for adults to say.

Parents who are afraid of hurting their child's well being by saying "bad words" need to wake up and realize that words are not what's going to mess up their kids.

They are just words and as soon as they learn them, they're going to start saying them behind their parent's backs. If they learn them from their parents, or not.

Well if its your own kids then yeah its totally different... but someone elses kids is what I dont agree on...

Dapper Gawker

I definitely wouldn't want to swear around children.

My dad swore like a whole ton when I was little.
His favorite word was probably "c**t."
I didn't know what that word meant until last year.

I try to act as goody goody as possible around kids.
It's hard though when they have ADHD like my cousin.
I don't swear in front of children.
But they'll learn eventually.
welll, I had a little cousin bout 5 and she started to swear and she obviously heard from someone... SO DONT SWEAR IN FRONT OF LITTLE KIDS!!!!!!
I would pee on the generation pool above me as well. Screw them, my pool was pissed in, so why not piss in theirs. Theyre gonna learn them anyway, so why not now, save some time.
Redpaige
I usually try to calm my swearing when I'm in front of kids.

But whenever I'm baby sitting my neighbor's kids, or whenever they're at my house, I usually let them swear if they want.

how... "mature"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces