Welcome to Gaia! ::

TheShamrocker
I'm actually sick of little kids swearing around me.

I have to agree with this.
I've noticed swearing has been more common in the last few generations as its become less of a taboo and has been made to seem adult and grown up.

I personally will not swear near children (unless injured as I tend to forget myself).
In a few cases it's unpreventable (someone was saying earlier about swearing when you get hurt, etc.). However, unnecessarily swearing in front of children just for the sake of conversation is retarded on a level that's a staggering low for humanity (which says a lot).

I'm getting sick of hearing friends or other people I know saying, "Yeah, my child's first word was 'b***h'".
I try not to, it's really shows a lack of class when a 7 year old is cussing. My 6 yr old brother knows how to swear, unfortunately, but we've taught him that it's inappropriate. lols although when he gets stuck in his car seat or breaks something he says "oh s**t" under his breath, it's funny but we have to keep a straight face and tell him it's not okay.
Pepper Lynna
Thackerman
I don't usually swear around children but If they swear at me I'll swear back
That is terrible! Don't ever do that again!

Don't judge me I'm a very nice person. You don't even know me
Meh, sometimes it slips out, but I try not too.
I usually try to calm my swearing when I'm in front of kids.

But whenever I'm baby sitting my neighbor's kids, or whenever they're at my house, I usually let them swear if they want.
I try not to swear in front of my children. They'll repeat it. The last thing I need is to be called at work to tell me one of them was swearing at the teacher or another student. The school their in is really strict and I don't want them to get kicked out.

I try not to swear in public either. I don't care who I'm around.
The very thing you strive for ...

My next door neighbour decided it was cool to swear when he was around 7. He couldn't do it properly anyway. I and my sister told him off a couple of times for doing it around us. He probably doesn't say it around us, but I know he says it around his father, the person who taught his the bad language in the first place.

I try not to swear in front of children, but I don't swear a whole lot anyway, unless it necessary.

... is the thing that makes you blind
TheShamrocker
I'm actually sick of little kids swearing around me.

me too! i hear more little kids swearing than I hear my age sometimes (i'm 1 cool
i swear like a construction worker, because thats what i did in high school. now i work on a cooking line and im not sposta swear but i cant help it. it is how i am. i have to make a conscious effort to not use words that the populous have deemed taboo.

but little kids shouldnt be exposed to that kinda of thing. the only good thing about being young is being naive.
i swear when im mad, hurt or suprised. and i dont care if the kids repeat it, its there mistake
its no bigy my perents always swear around me always have
People having been swearing in front of kids since...forever. The difference is that now, kids don't get lessons in personal responsibility (being smacked upside the head for doing things that they know are wrong) Also, I don't think that this generation is as bad as everyone is so desperate to believe.
Well....i do, i don't try to, it just kinda happens cause im so used to talking that way, im hoping shes still to young yet to understand D:
I don't think we should swear in front of them. We're supposed to be the responsible and intelligent ones compared to children. If you make them think else wise, we'll no longer have power. Swearing profusely is neither intelligent nor responsible. not to mention we can have a huge impact on children. If they see us do it, they'll think it's cool and want to do it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff