Welcome to Gaia! ::

I am considering going to college at the State University of New York at Purchase College, so I took a trip to the campus. When I got there it had to have been at one of the worst times: Dead of winter, between semesters, and nobody around. However, when I noticed the campus I could not ignore the fact that it is neglected. There are loose stone tiles on the walks ways, giant holes in all the pavement, art work that had long rusted/needed a paint job, buildings that looked old, busted light fixtures, broken glass, and other such factors that left me feeling unimpressed.

I know you should not judge a college based on how it looks, but on how good the learning enviorment is. On the other hand, I can only imagine how well mantained the buildings are on the inside and how how well kept the courses are solely based on the out apperance. I figued I may as well ask those who personally attend the college or who have had experience there.

How are the classes?

How is the living enviorment?

What are the dorms like?

Does the outer look reflect the college itself?

What is the shower situation like?

Is there a history of attacks on campus?

I have learned that you can do all the research you want on the internet or attend tours, but the opinions of the students are what really matter. If I could have some inside views it would be greatly appreicated.
I know someone who goes there, but she's never complained about it. I chose the college that was best for my major. If you end up not liking it, you could always leave.
it was recomended for my major, which is why I applied and I have now been accepted. Before I make that final decison, though, I would like some inside info.
You don't need to bump in this forum.

O.G. Sex Symbol

10,050 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Brandisher 100
Don't judge a school because of how it looks. Of course s**t is going to break, you do realize that these schools are COLLEGES. And COLLEGE KIDS break s**t. :/
Fried Tree
Don't judge a school because of how it looks. Of course s**t is going to break, you do realize that these schools are COLLEGES. And COLLEGE KIDS break s**t. :/

Actually, I'd say I have to bump because of the number of days my thread has been ignored due to falling behind in pages.

Now that I've got that out of the way...

Yes, you should judge a school--especially a college--based on its looks. If the school is rundown, chances are their equippment will be to. Their classes may not be top notch. And, seeing as how you have such a high degree of understanding of "college kids", I do not want to be in a place full of animals who have to break things.

I somehow don't think that they broke the floor. Or the cement. There is a certain degree of presentation.

You really are not much of a help and I would appreciate it if you could answer questions instead of blabbering an opinion on college kids unneeded. I wish to know more about the school.
I suppose nobody goes there....
Gaia isn't the best place for something like this. Maybe the school has a community on LiveJournal? That's how I learned information about the colleges I wanted to attend.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff