• Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Only Gray
chainmailleman
Only Gray
chainmailleman
Only Gray
Arcobelano
Life doesn't have worth, because you cant put a price on it. Your life only has as much worth as you honestly think it does. In all realism the universe would keep spinning if an entire race was killed off.

Thank you.

I'll be honest, it makes me smirk and sneer when I see attempts at suicide prevention.

I don't know, it's a mix of childish and irritating of people to try.

You know, the amount of military suicides last year hit an all time high?

Can you blame us Military folk?

Look at Iraq and Afghanistan. How many civilians have been killed? Who is profiting from said invasion?

My battle buddies that are offing themselves are the ones that cannot handle the truth.

No, I certainly cannot.

And I cannot thank you people enough. You are brave, you are strong, and all you get for putting your life at risk every day is nothing from that sad thing we call a 'government'.

It's just a senseless waste of life... just, UGH. scream

And whats worse is if you don't off yourself, then you develop some form of PTSD and go crazy. People won't hire you, you probably are on drugs or alcohol, by this time your homeless, and so on and so forth.

I've been homeless for the past 2 years just couch surfing and living in small foxholes I dig up and down the Weber River. The military turned me into a bad a** capable of handling this with ease, but man is it nice to have a nice freaking bathroom. Even the ancient Romans had bathrooms......

I don't even know what to say.

You get screwed over in the military, nobody is willing to hire you... and you have no where to start.

Anywhere close by that's interested in hiring vets? Try to work your way up into one of those higher positions?

I've been going to school for a machinist degree (one more month actually). I have a bunch of random certs already. EMT, HAM Radio, HHO generator installer, etc. I've been a blacksmith since I was 18 and an armor before then (chainmaille, leather, japanese style lamellar, etc). I started two F.I.R.S.T. robotics teams 1110 in California and 1505 in Utah back in high school on top of being my physics teacher's pet because I had a 14ft Trebuchet that could throw pumpkins the length of the football field and I could validly argue some advanced topics.

What I am going to do is finish off my program here in Utah and move in with my mom again (I have moved out I don't know how many times) in California where I will build a CNC machine specifically for aluminum within .005" tolerance and .001" repeatability (after the sensors of course). I want to run my own business making educational kits for electric motors, desktop CNC routers, steam engines, other "secret" apparatuses that I will unleash upon the unsuspecting "consumer". This way I can smoke weed all day while running my manufacturing business out of a large garage from the comfort of a LayZboy while quenching my thirst to a good home brew. I'll probably build a loft and live in the loft if I could.

That's my plan of action.

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Ash PKMN MASTER
chainmailleman

I keep telling people that if I don't get my kid back, I'm going to join the Military...

Thinking Air Force.

Longest coffee break of your life. You learn alot and make some coin on the side. AF is the way to go these days.

Lunatic

chainmailleman
Ash PKMN MASTER
chainmailleman

I keep telling people that if I don't get my kid back, I'm going to join the Military...

Thinking Air Force.

Longest coffee break of your life. You learn alot and make some coin on the side. AF is the way to go these days.

There's two AF bases where I live.

And I was in AFJROTC in High School.

Which both add to the reason as to why I was thinking about that branch.

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Ash PKMN MASTER
chainmailleman
Ash PKMN MASTER
chainmailleman

Thinking Air Force.

There's two AF bases where I live.

And I was in AFJROTC in High School.

Which both add to the reason as to why I was thinking about that branch.

I was in AFJROTC too. CA944. Highland High School

Lunatic

chainmailleman

I forgot which one it was for me. Because I fail with numbers.

I was in Natomas High School, though.

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Ash PKMN MASTER
chainmailleman

I forgot which one it was for me. Because I fail with numbers.

I was in Natomas High School, though.

Military brats roll out

Questionable Bunny

9,550 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Member 100
  • Cart Raider 100
Ash PKMN MASTER
chainmailleman

Thinking Air Force.

why hello there
if youre thinking of going in, i hear the boot camp's gotten soft this time of year because the sargents are afraid of being accused for sexual harassment. Im in tech school for 7 months now and thats what i hear from all the new airmen coming out of basic... they dont even yell at you now is what i hear. :/
AF is a great branch, i dont care what anyone says. i love it here despite how retarded our leadership is.
Ash PKMN MASTER
chainmailleman

Thinking Air Force.

I'm going to give an honest opinion which you can disagree with but I feel a lot of your problems need to be addressed and fixed. Suicide is never the answer but neither is continuing a situation that brings you nothing but misery.

First off, you're in no ways financially or (emotionally) capable of taking care of a child. I think your intentions are in the right place but poorly executed. You have a relationship with her, which is great, but she needs someone that is far more equipped in life to handle her in a supportive environment. Raising a child is not easy especially if you're inflicted with several favors that are working against you. Do you have a stable job? Do you have an education? Do you even have a stable roof to live under? Do you know when your next meal will come? If the answer is no, do you really want to subject a young and impressionable child to a life of instability?

I think joining the military would be the best option for you and I think staying with your current situation is going to give you a life of difficulties. The military would be a viable option to offer you a place to stay, a paycheck, discipline, education, positive role models, and job skills that will help you in your everyday life. From that you can learn to work your way out of your shitty family situation and find peace in a steady lifestyle.

Invisible Bloodsucker

Mr Stylo

Say you and me started talking for about....six weeks. Really got to know each other. Hit it off, you know? Suddenly I say I'm gonna off myself and log off. Simple. How do you feel? Sad? Really? I say not. You will forget about me in a week. Just another coward. Gone.

Something like that happend to me (with a good ending luckily).
I was chatting with a very good gaia friend for maybe some months. The last time we chatted, she was very depressed, talking about suicide.
Then she was not on for three weeks... I cried so much and I was giving all the fault to me because I thought I could have helped her more. When she came on again I was very, very happy and so glad that nothing happend to her.
Like you can see, some people do really care about their friends on gaia...

Lunatic

theamazingwrabbit
Ash PKMN MASTER
chainmailleman

Thinking Air Force.

why hello there
if youre thinking of going in, i hear the boot camp's gotten soft this time of year because the sargents are afraid of being accused for sexual harassment. Im in tech school for 7 months now and thats what i hear from all the new airmen coming out of basic... they dont even yell at you now is what i hear. :/
AF is a great branch, i dont care what anyone says. i love it here despite how retarded our leadership is.

Lol, well that's okay. The less yelling for me, the better. I'm not somebody who needs to be yelled at. I get s**t through pretty easily.
and I'm already going to be fighting a lot of anxiety if I go. I have a phobia of bald people... XD ;
But what better way to work through it then to face your fears, right?

Lunatic

Lubovnik

I'm going to give an honest opinion which you can disagree with but I feel a lot of your problems need to be addressed and fixed. Suicide is never the answer but neither is continuing a situation that brings you nothing but misery.

First off, you're in no ways financially or (emotionally) capable of taking care of a child. I think your intentions are in the right place but poorly executed. You have a relationship with her, which is great, but she needs someone that is far more equipped in life to handle her in a supportive environment. Raising a child is not easy especially if you're inflicted with several favors that are working against you. Do you have a stable job? Do you have an education? Do you even have a stable roof to live under? Do you know when your next meal will come? If the answer is no, do you really want to subject a young and impressionable child to a life of instability?

I think joining the military would be the best option for you and I think staying with your current situation is going to give you a life of difficulties. The military would be a viable option to offer you a place to stay, a paycheck, discipline, education, positive role models, and job skills that will help you in your everyday life. From that you can learn to work your way out of your shitty family situation and find peace in a steady lifestyle.

Just so you know, you have my respect for being perfectly honest, and blunt.

I have until August to get everything together. When I had her in my care, she had everything she needed, and I made sure of it. And yes, I had a roof over our head. And the only reason I don't have a place right now, is due to an illegal eviction, which yes, I am taking to court. And yes, it could cost me my child.
Job wise, I'm signing up for IHSS. I have to take an hour long class. And pay to get my finger prints done. But I have a lady in Parenting Class that would hire me. And my Nana is going to go through her doctor to get it, so she can hire me. So yes, I'll have a job. And if that doesn't fall through, I'm also trying to get SSI. And that's been a plan since I got out of the hospital the first time. With my worker. But I was denied because I wasn't taking my anti-depressants. Lol... So I appealed it.
And trust me, I know. I know that she needs to be somewhere where someone can support her. And if I could, I'd send her to a friends. Until I could get on my feet. After August, if I don't get her... She's put out for adoption. And I will never see her again. Ever. And I may of not given birth to her, but she is mine. Completely. And to lose her, because someone decided that she didn't like me. To loose my child, because someone took her, beat her, and blamed me. I was almost arrested for something I didn't do. And it's going to be on my record, forever, that I'm a child beater. No questions asked. It's just there. Whether I get her, or not. It's there. Does that seem fare to you?

As for the Military option, I'd be going as a last resort. Not really because it's all that great of a thing for me. In the long run, yeah, it can offer a lot. But I've also got a really bad phobia of bald people... And it triggers really bad anxiety.
But if I can't get my s**t together in time for my daughter, I don't really ******** care.

Benevolent Smoker

the vague soul
Mr Stylo

Say you and me started talking for about....six weeks. Really got to know each other. Hit it off, you know? Suddenly I say I'm gonna off myself and log off. Simple. How do you feel? Sad? Really? I say not. You will forget about me in a week. Just another coward. Gone.

I was chatting with a very good gaia friend for maybe some months. The last time we chatted, she was very depressed, talking about suicide.
Then she was not on for three weeks... I cried so much and I was giving all the fault to me because I thought I could have helped her more. When she came on again I was very, very happy and so glad that nothing happend to her.

And if she never came back on? What would you do then? Did you know this person outside of gaia?

Invisible Bloodsucker

Mr Stylo
the vague soul
Mr Stylo

And if she never came back on? What would you do then? Did you know this person outside of gaia?

We are facebook friends. But she only have a few friends there and I am not sure if they know her in real so they could tell me if she is not on for a serious reason. If they could tell me what is going on with her (the worst case) I would save some money to travel to her country to visit her grave (if someone would tell me where it is) and I would probably do for her the rituals which she would have done (she is buddhist but I am not sure if there is something like this) and mines [i do not belong to a religion (idk how to explain it on english exactly)but I do have my own ways to say goodbye (in the case someone dear would die)] for saying goodbye to someone who left the world. I would try to do the things that would have make her lucky. But at the end I have no other choice then to try to let her be dead... I would still think about it but I think I would try to avoid it to be not sad. But I am pretty sure that the plan to travel to her country as soon as possible would allready fail because of money issues. Of course I would not do that by every friend I know from gaia... only the most dear ones I know for a longer time. But I just hope that something like this will not happen. Btw sorry for my bad English if some things I wrote down do not make sense, English is not my first native language.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff