What? Two?

Well two is better than one, I suppose.

Savage Tactician

22,040 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
Arcobelano
Life doesn't have worth, because you cant put a price on it. Your life only has as much worth as you honestly think it does. In all realism the universe would keep spinning if an entire race was killed off.

Thank you.

I'll be honest, it makes me smirk and sneer when I see attempts at suicide prevention.

I don't know, it's a mix of childish and irritating of people to try.

You know, the amount of military suicides last year hit an all time high?

Lunatic

Mr Stylo
Ash PKMN MASTER
Mr Stylo

More people care then you think.

What? Two?

Well two is better than one, I suppose.

You may even have more than that, if you open your eyes, mind, and heart.

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Ash PKMN MASTER
Okay everyone, I'm sorry that the first post isn't super fancy. But I'm not a fancy person.

But I am passionate about this subject.
I've had someone close to me commit suicide.
And I have prevented many people from doing it since.

I'm actually planning on doing some foot work, in real life, and going and volunteering at a crisis center. Or something.

In today's digital world, isolation and feelings of being alone are common. The cell phone has all but replaced human interaction. Humans are social creatures. They need feedback. Negative or positive.

The only way to really help is to be a friend to someone. Smoke a bowl with them, help them move, cook their family dinner every once in a while, etc. Just let them know they are a part of "the whole".
Yeah, this thread is already a mess. It is going to die. Sorry, wrong choice of words.

Why suicide prevention though? Why not a depression/mental illness support thread? A suicide prevention support group won't last for the sole reason that there won't be enough posts to keep it relevant.

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Only Gray
Arcobelano
Life doesn't have worth, because you cant put a price on it. Your life only has as much worth as you honestly think it does. In all realism the universe would keep spinning if an entire race was killed off.

Thank you.

I'll be honest, it makes me smirk and sneer when I see attempts at suicide prevention.

Can you blame us Military folk?

Look at Iraq and Afghanistan. How many civilians have been killed? Who is profiting from said invasion?

My battle buddies that are offing themselves are the ones that cannot handle the truth.

Lunatic

chainmailleman

In today's digital world, isolation and feelings of being alone are common. The cell phone has all but replaced human interaction. Humans are social creatures. They need feedback. Negative or positive.

The only way to really help is to be a friend to someone. Smoke a bowl with them, help them move, cook their family dinner every once in a while, etc. Just let them know they are a part of "the whole".

I help everyone I can in real life.
I thought I'd try to spread to the internet.

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Ash PKMN MASTER
chainmailleman

I help everyone I can in real life.
I thought I'd try to spread to the internet.

The internet is a scary place. But once you get used to it, it's a library. You begin to label categories and articles as fiction and non-fiction.

Savage Tactician

22,040 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
chainmailleman
Only Gray
Arcobelano

Thank you.

Look at Iraq and Afghanistan. How many civilians have been killed? Who is profiting from said invasion?

My battle buddies that are offing themselves are the ones that cannot handle the truth.

No, I certainly cannot.

And I cannot thank you people enough. You are brave, you are strong, and all you get for putting your life at risk every day is nothing from that sad thing we call a 'government'.

It's just a senseless waste of life... just, UGH. scream

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Only Gray
chainmailleman
Only Gray
Arcobelano

Thank you.

No, I certainly cannot.

And I cannot thank you people enough. You are brave, you are strong, and all you get for putting your life at risk every day is nothing from that sad thing we call a 'government'.

And whats worse is if you don't off yourself, then you develop some form of PTSD and go crazy. People won't hire you, you probably are on drugs or alcohol, by this time your homeless, and so on and so forth.

I've been homeless for the past 2 years just couch surfing and living in small foxholes I dig up and down the Weber River. The military turned me into a bad a** capable of handling this with ease, but man is it nice to have a nice freaking bathroom. Even the ancient Romans had bathrooms......

Savage Tactician

22,040 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
chainmailleman
Only Gray
chainmailleman
Only Gray
Arcobelano

Thank you.

No, I certainly cannot.

And whats worse is if you don't off yourself, then you develop some form of PTSD and go crazy. People won't hire you, you probably are on drugs or alcohol, by this time your homeless, and so on and so forth.

I've been homeless for the past 2 years just couch surfing and living in small foxholes I dig up and down the Weber River. The military turned me into a bad a** capable of handling this with ease, but man is it nice to have a nice freaking bathroom. Even the ancient Romans had bathrooms......

I don't even know what to say.

You get screwed over in the military, nobody is willing to hire you... and you have no where to start.

Anywhere close by that's interested in hiring vets? Try to work your way up into one of those higher positions?

Lunatic

nihilgrim
Yeah, this thread is already a mess. It is going to die. Sorry, wrong choice of words.

Why suicide prevention though? Why not a depression/mental illness support thread? A suicide prevention support group won't last for the sole reason that there won't be enough posts to keep it relevant.

I've saved a few lives IRL.
Figured I'd try to spread to the web.

Benevolent Smoker

Just like to say thanks once again.

Lunatic

chainmailleman

I keep telling people that if I don't get my kid back, I'm going to join the Military...

Thinking Air Force.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces