Are you suicidal?

Yes. 0.20408163265306 20.4% [ 10 ]
No. 0.30612244897959 30.6% [ 15 ]
No, but, I know someone who is. 0.12244897959184 12.2% [ 6 ]
No, but I used to be. 0.36734693877551 36.7% [ 18 ]
Total Votes:[ 49 ]
< 1 2 3 4 >

Benevolent Smoker

I seriously doubt people on the internet would be supportive and actually care about anyone on here.
These threads NEVER last. There's a new one every two months.

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Silentmarie
Sereniteax
Ruuude.

Bornes
User ImageYou might have better luck if you added discussion topics, like what do you do when you're feeling suicidal.
Also, ways of help (such as suicide hotlines).

Overall, it just really seems like you didn't think this thread out very well before making it. Take a look at some of the other support threads in this forum and how they approached it.

I don't think it's rude; he's right. If this is a support thread, she should provide suicide and depression hotline numbers. It should be more than just "there there, I'm here for you" to be a successful support thread.

Yeah hotlines work......

The a*****e on the other side said "There is nothing we can do for you and I hope you get to feeling better".

Even though you are only seeing texts on your screen, there is a person typing these characters on the other side.

Chat lines and forums are the best outside of an actual physical meeting. Period.

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Mr Stylo
I seriously doubt people on the internet would be supportive and actually care about anyone on here.

You would be surprised. Most people on here are not worth their salt. A select minority are. After almost 8 years on Gaia, it's easy to know who's really who they say they are.

Benevolent Smoker

chainmailleman
Mr Stylo

You would be surprised. Most people on here are not worth their salt. A select minority are. After almost 8 years on Gaia, it's easy to know who's really who they say they are.

Bullshit. Say you and me started talking for about....six weeks. Really got to know each other. Hit it off, you know? Suddenly I say I'm gonna off myself and log off. Simple. How do you feel? Sad? Really? I say not. You will forget about me in a week. Just another coward. Gone.

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Mr Stylo
chainmailleman
Mr Stylo

Bullshit. Say you and me started talking for about....six weeks. Really got to know each other. Hit it off, you know? Suddenly I say I'm gonna off myself and log off. Simple. How do you feel? Sad? Really? I say not. You will forget about me in a week. Just another coward. Gone.

If I knew you offed yourself, then yeah I would feel a bit of sad emotions knowing what could have been has now become a not. If I didn't know, then I would have assumed you found a girlfriend, got a job, moved forward with your life, etc.

Benevolent Smoker

chainmailleman
Mr Stylo
chainmailleman
Mr Stylo

If I knew you offed yourself, then yeah I would feel a bit of sad emotions knowing what could have been has now become a not. If I didn't know, then I would have assumed you found a girlfriend, got a job, moved forward with your life, etc.

Yeah, nah. You don't have to lie you know. I'm just some monkey behind a computer. Massless sheeple. If I die, what does that effect? Nothing. Words. That's all it is. Words...

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Mr Stylo
chainmailleman
Mr Stylo
chainmailleman
Mr Stylo

Yeah, nah. You don't have to lie you know. I'm just some monkey behind a computer. Massless sheeple. If I die, what does that effect? Nothing. Words. That's all it is. Words...

Sheeple are what the are. Mindless cattle.

"While the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth."

Benevolent Smoker

chainmailleman

"While the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth."

********, here I go again. Bleeding my heart out on this useless site. Gah, whatever. You win mate. Mind pointing me in the detection of those who really do care? Or am I not worth their holy time?

Tricky Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Mr Stylo
chainmailleman

********, here I go again. Bleeding my heart out on this useless site. Gah, whatever. You win mate. Mind pointing me in the detection of those who really do care? Or am I not worth their holy time?

Towns, GD, LD, and ED are notorious for cyber bullies. I find most of the chill people on here in the sub-forums and in guilds. If you have an interest, look up a guild and join. Thats where the real people on Gaia hang out.

"Time is free.....by free as in you have limited time but you are free to choose how to spend it"
- can't remember the dude

Benevolent Smoker

chainmailleman
Mr Stylo
chainmailleman

Towns, GD, LD, and ED are notorious for cyber bullies. I find most of the chill people on here in the sub-forums and in guilds. If you have an interest, look up a guild and join. Thats where the real people on Gaia hang out.

"Time is free.....by free as in you have limited time but you are free to choose how to spend it"
- can't remember the dude

I was talking more of usernames. But if I have to waste my time I guess I will.

Dapper Fatcat

3,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
I can't even imagine how hard that must've been. I haven't ever had suicidal thoughts but I have been bullied in practically every way possible. I think that it's really brave of you to tell your story. Just remember there's people who care. Your not alone.

Lunatic

Okay everyone, I'm sorry that the first post isn't super fancy. But I'm not a fancy person.

But I am passionate about this subject.
I've had someone close to me commit suicide.
And I have prevented many people from doing it since.

I'm actually planning on doing some foot work, in real life, and going and volunteering at a crisis center. Or something.

Greedy Receiver

Mr Stylo
chainmailleman
Mr Stylo

• I'd be sad.

Benevolent Smoker

Eisefin
Mr Stylo
chainmailleman
Mr Stylo

• I'd be sad.

i
Oh god, not you Eisefin. sad Arguing with some random user is one thing. But I don't want to fight with you of all people.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff