Welcome to Gaia! ::

I share a townhouse with 2 other girls, we are all in the same major at the same university. We have 3 classes together since we are in the same year as well and it's an art school so class sizes are smaller. The house is awesome, we have been living here for a year now and I renewed my lease since I'm entering my last year in college and the place is fairly close to the university as well.

Now, one of my roommates (let's call her roommate A)...I just can't decide on whether I feel bad or disgusted by her? She's a cat lady, hates children, hates people, claims she has anxiety, claims she worships satan, claims to be an animal lover yet she disrespects anyone who owns a pet? I think one of the things that just pisses me off is how she talks about how she will be in major debt when she graduates, she talks about how she doesn't do much work and the quality of her work is terrible. I mean...you're making your parents pay for an education that you clearly can't afford and on top of that you admit that your work sucks?

Our other roommate B is moving out, so roommate A (weird cat lady) treats roommate B like sh** just because she made the decision of moving out. I just can't with this girl and though I will unfortunately live with her for 10 more months, she and I don't have any issues, but she's one of those people that I just secretly cannot tolerate. We had no idea she was like this though, but we didn't realize she was just so full of hate towards everything and everyone which she eventually began to show.

She told one of our classmates that all children should die and that people shouldn't get married, also stated that if a woman can't bear a child then she is lucky because who would want one anyway? Keep in mind, two of our classmates have children.

I keep it to myself, I don't discuss these things with any classmates and I treat her with respect since I live with her, but truth be told, I cannot tolerate this girl. Hope she resolves her issues with the world, but I wouldn't be surprised if she moved back home with her parents and her naked cat after graduation.

Do any of you deal people that you just can't tolerate?
Have you done anything about it or would you?

UPDATE: I took the trash this morning since they pick up the trash on Thursdays. We have a calendar and it was her turn. No one was in the house so I took it out and when I arrived to my university I let her know that I took the trash out and that it was her turn so she might have to take the trash next week and she gave me attitude. MAJOR ATTITUDE. Disrespected me, said it wasn't her turn even though there is a calendar downstairs......

I've decided to move out, I found a place and I have 2 people interested in moving in to take my spot so.....almost out of this hell. I didn't even get a thank you from her for doing what she was responsible for in the first place.

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
I deal with people I can't tolerate by avoiding them where possible and politely ignoring the s**t out of them when impossible.

Just try to avoid talking with them about the subjects on which you find their opinions intolerable, and you should at least get along well enough to coexist.

Anxious Prophet

Call her a b***h

Fashionable Phantom

9,300 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
I usually ignore them if they don't pose an immediate threat.

If they do pose a threat, then I lay the smack down. But from the sounds of it, this is just a spiteful person who needs to learn respect.

Explorer

heck no. I would not want a roommate with all that negativity. that sucks youre gonna be left with her, since roommate A is leaving.
so many things. cat lady, hates basically everyone, anxiety, satan worshipper. maybe she really is all those things and that's why her personality is s**t.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Look for any and every flaw in her ability to keep up your apartment and/or pay bills then get her worthless a** kicked out as soon as possible. She's an over-opinionated b***h who deserves a hard punch to the face, unfortunately the way you describe her parents it's something she'll never get. That I know for a fact because I've known many lazy shits like her and they will never get better.

If you really can't handle it, the next time she gets rowdy in class, glance at her art and remark about how if that's the best she can do you weep for the art world and are just glad she's not passing those mediocre skills on to her own brood.

She may be depressed, but it's far more likely that she's just a b***h.

Kumacchiato's Prince

Demonic Dabbler

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
User Image
"No I don't deal with people I can't tolerate, that's the definition of intolerance. If I knew someone like that I would immediately get them out of my life."
User Image

Magical Tree

Gee. She's a bundle of sunshine and rainbows, now, isn't she?

I bet she's one of those people that believes humans are everything that's wrong with the world. She probably thinks if we all just died - everything would be cake.

Only there would be no more cake in the world...
Look up stories of animal rape and violence... It proves we're not the only species capable of awful stuff. *shudder*

I can't really get along with histrionic or narcissistic people. I don't like attention whores. And I don't like people who constantly have to one up everything you say. (example: "Today was a good day. I got this poster for free." "Oh. Well I got a blender for free once, AND I didn't even make a purchase." scream )
Prickly_Pixly
I usually ignore them if they don't pose an immediate threat.

If they do pose a threat, then I lay the smack down. But from the sounds of it, this is just a spiteful person who needs to learn respect.
If I ever feel that she is a threat, I won't hesitate to just put her in her place, verbally though.
VaniIla Coke
heck no. I would not want a roommate with all that negativity. that sucks youre gonna be left with her, since roommate A is leaving.
so many things. cat lady, hates basically everyone, anxiety, satan worshipper. maybe she really is all those things and that's why her personality is s**t.
Her obsession with cats creeps me out. I mean, the internet loves cats and thats awesome, but her level of cat love goes beyond that. My other roommate has a ferret, so this cat chick just goes and kicks the door of the room in which the ferret lives. We found her twitter too and she just talks s**t about the ferret. Like..how lonely, abusive, and sad are you that you talk about a small defenseless ferret ...on a twitter page?
Alexander J Luthor
Look for any and every flaw in her ability to keep up your apartment and/or pay bills then get her worthless a** kicked out as soon as possible. She's an over-opinionated b***h who deserves a hard punch to the face, unfortunately the way you describe her parents it's something she'll never get. That I know for a fact because I've known many lazy shits like her and they will never get better.

If you really can't handle it, the next time she gets rowdy in class, glance at her art and remark about how if that's the best she can do you weep for the art world and are just glad she's not passing those mediocre skills on to her own brood.

She may be depressed, but it's far more likely that she's just a b***h.
I really think she deserves that punch. I may not be the one to give it to her but I know someone else will.
thewaitingtree

I bet she's one of those people that believes humans are everything that's wrong with the world. She probably thinks if we all just died - everything would be cake.

Look up stories of animal rape and violence... It proves we're not the only species capable of awful stuff. *shudder*

I can't really get along with histrionic or narcissistic people. I don't like attention whores. And I don't like people who constantly have to one up everything you say. (example: "Today was a good day. I got this poster for free." "Oh. Well I got a blender for free once, AND I didn't even make a purchase." scream )
Oh man, you hit every point. She blames everything on people, claims to love animals yet treats any animal that is not hers like crap. She has a hairless cat and most people just don't find the hairless cat adorable so she takes it out on people instead of realizing that her cat is just really creepy as hell. I love the kitty, it's nice, but her owner is just messed up as you can see.

Also, your last paragraph sounds just like her. I generally don't talk that much in class, mainly because I don't need to be part of any drama, but she will try to join any conversation and make it about herself. I mean...no honey..no. talk2hand
My best friend started out as a great person and morphed into someone like your roommate burning_eyes

I had to cut her off; I don't see how you haven't been searching for another roommate.

Magical Tree

BIJINKEI
thewaitingtree

Oh man, you hit every point. She blames everything on people, claims to love animals yet treats any animal that is not hers like crap. She has a hairless cat and most people just don't find the hairless cat adorable so she takes it out on people instead of realizing that her cat is just really creepy as hell. I love the kitty, it's nice, but her owner is just messed up as you can see.

Also, your last paragraph sounds just like her. I generally don't talk that much in class, mainly because I don't need to be part of any drama, but she will try to join any conversation and make it about herself. I mean...no honey..no. talk2hand

Bad personalities only have a few flavors, so I've experienced.

She's an immature and insecure person. Maybe she's been insulted a few times - but everyone else has too. These types make themselves out to be the victim. There is no one who feels as deeply as they do. ( rolleyes ) They talk big to make themselves seem important.
But honestly - they do it out of a nagging, nasty insecurity.

They're toxic in that they bring you down, take everything you give (and more) and never really give back anything of value.

I wish you the best on your remaining time there... with the naked cat and all.
(would she be insulted if you knitted it a sweater? probably... ugh..)

Inigay 's Husbando

Anxious Bloodsucker

Find new room mates and have personal meetings with them, then say you're kicking her out unless she's a co-signer. You could just leave with Room Mate B if possible. I wouldn't feel bad at all if i left her all alone. Sometimes, being abandoned is part of society. So if she has to move out cause she can't afford anything, oh well. I think you're putting yourself in a bad spot by being quiet.

All she wants is attention. Nothing gets more attention than someone who hates children, 'worships Satan' and has an unhealthy obsession with cats. I'd get her some very special help and fast. Cause unless I see blood, summoning circles, and bibles in some language, full of chants and pendants, theres no worship going on. Sorry to tell her, but she's a fake piece of s**t.

Just man up, and tell her your problems with her, and don't let her interrupt. If she gets physical, call the police or whatever you do around your parts. Just make sure she knows its intolerable, and if she has so many problems, she'd get help or be dead.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff