Yes 0.22727272727273 22.7% [ 10 ]
No 0.38636363636364 38.6% [ 17 ]
Whats that? 0.20454545454545 20.5% [ 9 ]
Yes -rambles on about the entire history of char- 0.045454545454545 4.5% [ 2 ]
Gold! 0.13636363636364 13.6% [ 6 ]
Total Votes:[ 44 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Greedy Giver

I like it, I think its Wayyyyyyyy better than any other trend people are following nowadays, but I'm not into the whole over-the-top complete character out of the late 1800s kinda thing, I just like the skirts, cinches, the leather/cotton mix, so like- steampunk watered down and mixed in with normal clothing 3nodding

except that most of it is so over the top with all the clocks/gears all over it that it's really hard to do that

also, the gaudy jewelery/ most all of the steampunk accessories are ugly. sry. I could make a fortune with a hot glue gun and a pile of s**t from my garage if I sell it on etsy/ebay and label it "designer steampunk" lmfo

Hunter

BRASS.
GOGGLES.
SMOKE.
TOP-HAT FOR THE EXTRA MILE.

BAM YOU'RE A STEAM-PUNK NOW

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I am generally on the fence about a lot of this stuff. On one hand I like period attire and I like subtle steampunk additions to said attire, such as a necklace or some cuff links. I also like steam punk decor if it's done tastefully, though with a majority of the people who inhabit this trend subtle and tasteful doesn't seem to be in their vocabulary. Never found a steampunk band that I liked. I just feel that the goofy hats and goggles sort of take away from the whole look.

Enduring Phantom

Steampunk isn't a lifestyle. It's just a quaint fashion choice for Halloween or conventions.

Any adults who dress like that every day and pretend they have an 'alter ego' need professional help.

That being said, steampunk costumes are lovely. <3

Invisible Bloodsucker

WolfdeHeartless
A Steampunk band are they? I wish my pc didn't crash I love listening to Abney Park.

I like to listen this band too o:
I'm not into Steampunk but it really interest me too.

Dapper Ladykiller

I'm not super into in, but I have a steampunk outfit. Victorian-influenced stuff is the s**t.

Lol and avatar, I forgot.

Adored Admirer

Revie Creation

Jocker.

Adored Admirer

I care about your opinion
BRASS.
GOGGLES.
SMOKE.
TOP-HAT FOR THE EXTRA MILE.

BAM YOU'RE A STEAM-PUNK NOW

God, no.

Adored Admirer

ragnaroknroll
Steampunk isn't a lifestyle. It's just a quaint fashion choice for Halloween or conventions.

Any adults who dress like that every day and pretend they have an 'alter ego' need professional help.

That being said, steampunk costumes are lovely. <3

Um, no. It's a science fiction.

The whole concept is ******** ridiculous. Use it for a genre to write a story, but this dress-up bullshit has got to go.

Tipsy Poster

Steampunk fashion can be pretty neat. emotion_kirakira
User Image

Some of it is tacky and overdone though.

Magical Shounen

9,600 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Magical Girl 50
I agree that some of it is tacky and overdone but I assure you its a lifestyle lots of people make up alter egos and accessories. To say Steampunk is just for conventions and writing is really old fashioned. Just cuz you don't like it and find stupid doesn't mean its not a serious lifestyle.
If done "right" I love steampunk style. Not talking about just gluing random gears (unless of course it fashioned in a visually appealing way and not just scattered throughout) all over the place, but the period fashion that it pulls fun is gorgeous and the idea is cute.

My friend helps run a steampunk con. People should definitely check it out if they are on the NE coast. http://templecon.org/13/

I don't go to it for the Steampunk side, but more to help out with the con and play One Shot pen and paper adventures and Board Games. heart

Adored Admirer

WolfdeHeartless
I agree that some of it is tacky and overdone but I assure you its a lifestyle lots of people make up alter egos and accessories. To say Steampunk is just for conventions and writing is really old fashioned. Just cuz you don't like it and find stupid doesn't mean its not a serious lifestyle.

Just because you think it's a lifestyle doesn't make it one. You can say a hobby is a part of life, but come on, do you really live like that? Also, steampunk is a derivative of cyberpunk. Ever heard of GURPS Cyberpunk?

Magical Shounen

9,600 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Pseudo-Onkelos
WolfdeHeartless

Just because you think it's a lifestyle doesn't make it one. You can say a hobby is a part of life, but come on, do you really live like that? Also, steampunk is a derivative of cyberpunk. Ever heard of GURPS Cyberpunk?

Yes Cyberpunk is creepy but google it and you'll indeed find out its a subculture. Also the main influencing movies/books on what Steampunk is existed decades before cyberpunk.

Adored Admirer

WolfdeHeartless
Yes Cyberpunk is creepy but google it and you'll indeed find out its a subculture.

Yes, it's becoming one, but it doesn't mean it's free from criticism. Humans . . .

WolfdeHeartless
Also the main influencing movies/books on what Steampunk is existed decades before cyberpunk.

That's irrelevant. The SF genre started with cyberpunk first. Every other unnecessary -punk followed suit.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff