Gold! 0.13636363636364 13.6% [ 6 ]
Total Votes:[ 44 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Magical Shounen

9,600 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Magical Girl 50
I hope this is right forum.. But anyway: I was looking around and saw no topics about Steampunk lifestyle(which I'm a....newbie in I guess you can say) and decided to make one and discuss Steampunk in general.

FAQ:

What is Steampunk?: The way I see it is its 19th century or Victorian times science fiction. Basically what if the indrstrial revolution never died and steam and clockwork were the only sources known to man? Or what if electricity was never discovered? That sorta thing.

What is Steampunk Lifestyle?: As far as I know(feel free to add or correct me) its where people dress up in period(19th century or 1800s) clothing and pretend to be their alter egos form a realm filled with adventure pseudo science and steamed power gizmos. They are also DYI(Do It Yourself) artists but not all of them, that make Steampunk themed outfits/jewelry/props that look like they belonged in Victorian or Wild Western times.

Where This come form?: I do not recall the exact date but the actual term "Steampunk" was coined in either 1800s or early 1900s and a writer wrote to a literary magazine about what to call a new genre of Science Fiction, that included Jules Vernes and H.G Wells and said "Something like Steampunk perhaps?" It was not until the 1990s that Steampunk became a lifestyle. In recent years it became a growing thing some speculate due to dependence of electricity.

Reveler

8,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Profitable 100

Familiar Friend

I think you can't wear steampunk out in public
without over-doing it, as my boyfriend said.

Magical Shounen

9,600 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Revie Creation

I can't watch youtubes my pc sucks...

Reveler

8,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Profitable 100

well since you can't watch videos, here's another one. if you like steampunk google steam powered giraffe

Fanatical Prophet

Steampunk is lovely. <3
I'm fairly certain there's a steampunk thread somewhere in the Real Life Fashion and Style forum, but it deals mostly with the fashion. Nice to see that there are more people out there who are interested in more than just the neat clothes.
I'll probably make a longer post in this thread in the morning, I'm too tired to type coherently at this point in time. xp

Magical Shounen

9,600 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Magical Girl 50
I really wanted to discuss the lifestyle which deeply interests me. As long as I can remember the retro technology and the noble setting always interested me.

Reveler

8,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Profitable 100
Professor Prion
Steampunk is lovely. <3
I'm fairly certain there's a steampunk thread somewhere in the Real Life Fashion and Style forum, but it deals mostly with the fashion. Nice to see that there are more people out there who are interested in more than just the neat clothes.
I'll probably make a longer post in this thread in the morning, I'm too tired to type coherently at this point in time. xp

you know of SPG!?

Magical Shounen

9,600 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Well I did intend to ask on tips on making a Steampunk themed av but the lack of a general discussion topic prompted me to be concerned lol.

Fanatical Prophet

Revie Creation
Professor Prion
Steampunk is lovely. <3

you know of SPG!?
Yes I do. 4laugh

Magical Shounen

9,600 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Magical Girl 50
A Steampunk band are they? I wish my pc didn't crash I love listening to Abney Park.

Reveler

8,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Profitable 100
Professor Prion
Revie Creation
Professor Prion
Steampunk is lovely. <3

you know of SPG!?
Yes I do. 4laugh

yay blaugh i won't lie, after Jon left i stopped watching them as often, the character dynamic seems off now emo

Magical Shounen

9,600 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Magical Girl 50
I'm going to have to try to listen to these guys.

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Revie Creation

I prefer Ju ju Magic.
ninja

But there's a good chance, aside from listening to it on Youtube, we won't be hearing it much since the person that wrote it is no longer with the band.

"Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wagh’nagl fhtagn."

Dapper Phantom

I like some steampunk stuff and only in black, not the usual brown. I like the occasional steampunk accessory, not a whole steampunk outfit.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff