Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Conversationalist

11,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Agree to a certain extent. The days of true communication are slowly dying...now people just want EVERYONE to know them, for attention or whatever. People who use twitter amuse me greatly.

Technology has also helped in making people more introverted and more reliant on their phones for EVERYTHING. They'd be lost without it, which is really effin' sad.

Aged Codger

9,675 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Valtiel the Watcher
No, it's just made you more aware of it.
What this bloke said
Okay, thanks to the internet, public Opinion on Gay Marriage has completely changed. People are exposed to more ideas, more people, more types of thought than ever before. And, because of this, people are more accepting of others. Period.

So, no, socially networking isn't ruining our morals. It's making us a better, more moral society.

Familiar Poster

We all have our own moral compass social networking probably doesn't affect it nearly as much as you think it does. People are likely to act like their peers in a group called group think and so if a bunch of knuckleheads are in an area you can bet the rest will act the same.

Original Regular

Mr Arsonist
Nami Juice
I haven't thought about it.
Please explain.
its one of those things where I can see the wrong but I can't explain it.

Are you Christian by chance?
Centurio Resurgentis
Reyna224
How so?
I no longer do the whole social networking thing but I am curoius.
SAYS THE ***** ON GAIA

You wish. mrgreen .

Fashionable Hunter

Not really. With the opening of different channels of communication comes a flood of people you've never been exposed to. Some of them are awesome. Some of them are crap. Just because you notice it more now doesn't mean they weren't there in the first place.

Questionable Poster

Avizura
so GAIA ruins morals and ethics?

Yes. But I'm totes okay with that because Gaia is awesome 3nodding

Conservative Consumer

x
x
x

♋ <3 ♎xI don't think so. I'm sure I would still be mentally be stuck in middle school with my morals if it wasn't for social networking.
                          x
                          x

Beloved Admirer

Kind of. I think people are less empathetic because we don't talk face to face people as much.

Sparkly Fatcat

8,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
isn't gaia a social networking site? razz
Just social networking? No look at how society views morals and ethics or will become ignorant to such things lol

8,350 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Champion 300
Pretty obtuse categorical assertion there
The only thing I consider to be immoral is to intentionally cause suffering to another. So no i don't.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff