Welcome to Gaia! ::

I just want to know what so hard about beleiveing in God. Im not going against any atheist but i want know cause i am a Christian and proud of it but i dont under stand why cant you stop trying to find a logical and scientific explaination?

Bashful Bloodsucker

8,375 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Signature Look 250
Because some people are bound more by reason than faith, and they need something concrete to cling to, rather than something as abstract as a deity.
I was raised a Buddhist so I really can't see myself following the word of God. I have been to a mass before with someone and kinda scared me.
I know God exists. Computers created him. He, in turn, created Hitler, who in turn created the universe.
How do I know? I found the backup files during my adventure to Atlantis.
Contrary to popular belief, Atlantis is actually under Atlanta, because two miles under the surface of Georgia is actually nothing but an ocean. Tricky, tricky, huh?
Accurite Typur
I know God exists. Computers created him. He, in turn, created Hitler, who in turn created the universe.
Contrary to popular belief, Atlantis is actually under Atlanta, because two miles under the surface of Georgia is actually nothing but an ocean. Tricky, tricky, huh?

stare That's not funny. stare

Bashful Bloodsucker

8,375 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Signature Look 250
Yashamaru013
Accurite Typur

You LIE. I thought it was hilarious. XD

7,950 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
Cause no matter how hard some of you say its not true, you know the Bible is not the literal word of God.

It was written by Man.

How do you know the dude(s) that wrote it werent lying, or the Bible was orginally intended to be a work of fiction but somehow got picked up by a retard, who translated into the Holy word?

For all you know, some guy from the future travelled back in time, placed the Bible somewhere near Matthew or whatever, and laughing like Hells right now?

(Ever seen the first Roze arc in Full Metal Alchemist?)

Being skeptical is the one thing that decides if something is right or wrong.
Accurite Typur

its not hilarious a little but not on about is God real part and why exactly you dont beleive

Eloquent Bloodsucker

C 4 r t 0 0 n M u f f i n
Yashamaru013
Accurite Typur

Seconded! mrgreen

But what I don't get, right, is why do people believe in the Christian god over all the others? *shrug* the others are, for the most part, a great deal more fun, and there's so much less of that "sin" stuff and no one sends you to hell.

Frankly, with all the other religions out there, I don't get why someone would go for one like Christianity. Don't get me wrong, I know some fantastic Christians. I'm just wondering.
Because of one thing. The Bible. People put too much faith into a book that was written by humans. Seeing as only one being can be perfect and that's God, people therefore must be flawed and in turn the book is flawed. Plain and simple.
Theres nothing hard about it. It's a delusion. You praise God, give the church your money and your time and you buy all of their christian merchandise and you do everything they tell you to and that's it. What's difficult is not falling into it. It's so easy to believe that everything is out of our hands so we don't have to assume responsibility for ourselves. It's too easy to believe that everything will happen in His time if it is His will and that we have to do nothing. It's too easy to be dependent. Being independent is the hard part. People do just fine without a deity. There's nothing difficult about the belief in a god. Religion is a relatively simple concept.

Bashful Bloodsucker

8,375 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Signature Look 250
Sanguina-chan
C 4 r t 0 0 n M u f f i n
Yashamaru013
Accurite Typur

Seconded! mrgreen

But what I don't get, right, is why do people believe in the Christian god over all the others? *shrug* the others are, for the most part, a great deal more fun, and there's so much less of that "sin" stuff and no one sends you to hell.

Frankly, with all the other religions out there, I don't get why someone would go for one like Christianity. Don't get me wrong, I know some fantastic Christians. I'm just wondering.
Hmm...lack of persecution, tradition, not having to feel like you have to hide your religion...

And hey, Christianity is a step up from Scientology. That's enough reason for me to be a Christian. XD Besides. Something about the whole concept of getting to spend the rest of eternity in a place of peace and beauty and happiness if you manage to trust in something you can't see is..appealing.
Kai Luna
Cause no matter how hard some of you say its not true, you know the Bible is not the literal word of God.

It was written by Man.

How do you know the dude(s) that wrote it werent lying, or the Bible was orginally intended to be a work of fiction but somehow got picked up by a retard, who translated into the Holy word?

For all you know, some guy from the future travelled back in time, placed the Bible somewhere near Matthew or whatever, and laughing like Hells right now?

Well cause God the men the ablilty to write the Bible. He just wants you to trust you dont have to its like a test but the most impotant test in your life you can either pass it or fail it the best part you get to choose. I didnt choose pass i earned pass i was a saved and i have a spot in heaven just waiting i want one for you so please try to beleive.
I will admit that the Bible is actually pretty good as far as Fiction writing goes.
It's like a huge, gold-paged anthology of flash fiction. I actually enjoy the stories. It's a good read, honestly.

I don't see why you think it's so weird not to believe in something so outlandish, vague, and unprovable as a deity (Unless you have the files).

7,950 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
ebuny
Kai Luna

It was written by Man.

well cause God the men the ablilty to write the Bible. He just wants you to trust you dont have to its like a test but the mosr impotant test in your life you can either pass it or fail it the best part you get tot choose. I didnt choose pass i earned pass i was a saved and i have a spot in heaven just waiting i want one for you so please try to beleive.

God gave people the ability to write the Bible, but he also gave us free will, so even if He does exist(which I dont care if He does or not, Im just capitalizing because Im conservative with the English language), the Bible could be a lie.

Are you sure the Bible actually dictated what He'd done? For all you know, He could have done other great things, just not ones in the Bible.

And- I've just though of this- Why a Bible? Why not just word of mouth? Wouldnt that be more, er, what's the word.. faithlike?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff