Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm in my second online relationship in a row. My family hates it, it's kind of funny.

People who get into online relationships usually do so because it's the place where they spend their free time. It's just another social environment. So instead of going out and hanging with school friends or going to parties, you meet people here. It's the same thing, excluding distance.

I like long distance/online relationships because they're built on more solid grounds. Not who's hot, who's not, and sex.
I'm in one, shes australian, shes lovely and really nice.

And I can't see her.

And I hate her, whore.
I am in an online relationship which has been going for nearly 19 months now. It will be another 2 years or so before we are able to meet in person. She is going to try and move to New Zealand to study english and live with me. After spending about 2 years here she will decide whether or not she wants to be a New Zealand or a Japanese citizen.
Yeah.
Was a good idea the first couple of months.
Then we sorta fell apart and he was going out with 3 other girls on the internet at the time we were still going out.
I'm currently in a Long Distance relationship, but we met on the internet. It's great when we're together, and he's really dedicated, but it does get hard, and my family don't really get it...But oh well...
i've been in an online relationship for two months now
i've never loved anyone so much actually
even though he lives in NZ and i live in Canada
hopefully we'll meet one day.
its crazy. i think about him all the time. hes the same
so i'd call that true love.
I'm actually in an long distance relationship right now.
We met via a mutal friend on msn, and started talking on the phone. We just met for the first time on the 30th and it was brilliant.
We are crazy about each other.
*raises her hand* i do. i find nothing wrong with it. my parents met by calling the wrong number xd

Dangerous Prophet

I'm currently in an online relationship and have been for a bit over two years now. If things keep going between us we should be able to meet up in one more year, once he finishes college where he's at.
And honestly it hurts being so far away from him, but I'm willing to and already have told him that I'm willing to wait to be with him in real life because I love him too much not to, too much to let distance get in the way. I've never loved someone as much as I love him.

Oh, and we met on Gaia in a 'how tall are you?' thread. xD; But after that we just kept talking and it eventually turned into what we have now.
I used to be in such a relationship (I'm from Poland, she was from Norway), but the distance killed it. I wish luck to all of you though. smile
my friend does.... stare
I always feel silly talking about it but oh well. I met my boyfriend on Gaia, actually, when the CB used to be pretty normal, just talking in a thread. We kept talking through PM's and eventually through YIM. It was 2 years before he flew up during the summer to see me (my sweet 16 present) and when we met it was surprisingly not awkward at all. Of course he had to go back to Texas but this past summer I went to go see him and stayed with him and his family. I'm trying to set up for him to come where I live for prom, only about a 4 day stay but its better than nothing.

I think if we had met by going to to same school or something we wouldn't have dated, merely from shyness and how his demeanor can be towards people he doesn't know. My only regret is having met so young (me 13, him 14), because it takes even longer for us to build up a scenario where we can live together and such. In March we will have been together for 4 years, but it will be another 4 years until we can live together, because we won't be attending the same college, nor be attending school in even relatively close states (him in Texas, me in Maryland).

My friends are extremely supportive and say we have a stronger relationship than any of them have developed.

So for online relationships, for some people it works, some it doesn't. It's all just preference. Though I do think you need to have the intention of meeting somewhere down the line.

5,300 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
Ya know there was a thread with a girl looking for a boyfriend. And everyone posted on that thread telling her to go get " real p***s ". Then they put the ***** in her head about online dating etc. And I said this" it doesn't matter if you online/at a bar/walking down the street.there is sickos everywhere." And personally from what I've read about a lot online relationships. They seem to work out and the couples even get married. So I see nothing wrong with it, just as long as you play it safe and smart that's all.
lol i'm always told long distance relationships never last, and you never know what they look like...they could be some forty year old man living in his basement with his mom

Lily-livered Cutie-Pie

8,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
I have had an online relationship before. I never could do the long distance thing. Never really worked out. For me, I need to see and hear the person regularly during the building of the relationship. I personally would never do it again but for anyone who finds luck on here, my respects smile .

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff